Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

My Administration Not Hindered By Debt - Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Administration Not Hindered By Debt - Obaseki (296 Views)

Buhari Administration not a failure – Ngige / Buhari Administration Not A Failure – Ngige / Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Administration Not Hindered By Debt - Obaseki by OdionAkghigbe: 4:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
Our attention has been drawn to publications with headline suggesting that the Obaseki government is hindered by huge inherited debts.

We want to unequivocally state that this report is completely false and none of the media outfits that published it can provide any proof what so ever, either by voice recording or signed statement, to show that Obaseki made this comment.

This is simply because the statement is not true and was never made.

Edo people and all Nigerians are advised to completely disregard and discountenance the report as fake news and a mere fabrication with no basis whatsoever in fact.

The report is the figment of the imagination of the individuals who published it. The publication goes a long way to show how much the noble journalism profession has been invaded by people who do not have any training what so ever to do the job.

The Edo State Government under the leadership of Governor Godwin Obaseki is not hindered by debt obligations.

All our projects are being undertaken as planned and the terms of our facilities from the World Bank and the Federal Government are liberal with repayment period of over twenty (20) years.

As chairman of the Economic Team, under former governor Adams Oshiomhole, Governor Obaseki negotiated most of these concessionary loans from International Development Agencies (IDAs).

Thankfully, we have road and other infrastructure to show for these facilities across the state today.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that ruled the state for close to a decade ran the state aground as Edo infrastructural facilities were in a state of decay as at the time the Comrade Adams Oshiomhole-led interventionist administration took over power.

Edo roads were called "Lucky Stones", a metaphor for the shoddy road patchwork done by the then PDP administration, using oversize stones. Some roads were 'constructed' on paper, but were not constructed in real life.

The allocated funds were used for frivolous birthday parties at a time thousands of Lower and Upper Sokponba residents were declared as people living in 'Morocco' and others in 'Spain', separated by the impassable and abandoned St Maria Goretti Road Junction.

Today, Teachers' House in Ogida area, the popular Five Junction on Uselu-Lagos Road, and several such areas in the state that were cut off from Benin City are being accessed by road users with great pleasure.

The ongoing efforts at consolidating on these achievements have ushered our people into a new era that is driven by industrialisation, with the coming on stream of the fertiliser plant in Auchi, which will be followed by the Benin Industrial Park, the Benin River Port amongst others.

Crusoe Osagie,

Special Adviser on Media and Communication Strategy to Edo State Governor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Administration Not Hindered By Debt - Obaseki by Olanireti(m): 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2018
Lols, we understand how this plays out.

If it was opposition party that was in last administration, this would have actually been their lines of lies, but since its same party and his God's father Oshiomole installed him there, they ll deny it. Keep defending lies, we want to see your projects

1 Like

Re: My Administration Not Hindered By Debt - Obaseki by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2018
Had it been it was PDP that ruled before him, it would've like this

PDP looted EDO STATE for the past 4/8 years, heheheheeh
Re: My Administration Not Hindered By Debt - Obaseki by Dangwurugwu1: 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
this one don dey take style tackle Oshiomole the scallywag
Re: My Administration Not Hindered By Debt - Obaseki by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
Obaseki is tacitly confirming the state inherited huge debt from Oshiomole

So what did Oshiomole use the money for considering he did not build no stadium nor airport?

This explains why Oshiomole shifted the election by 2 weeks when APC almost lost to ensure he rigged his party into office to cover the rot! Unfortunately it’s too much for even Obaseki to keep quiet!

(1) (Reply)

Senators Sue AGF, DSS, Police For Alleged Plot To Remove Saraki / Press Release Of Former Kwara State PDP Financial Secretary On Reunion With PDP / Buhari Celebrates Odili At 70

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.