Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,805 members, 7,824,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Arsene Wenger Was Not The Problem. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsene Wenger Was Not The Problem. (702 Views)

Alvaro Morata Ignores Arsenal Boss Arsene Wenger When Listing Best Managers / Arsene Wenger Says Is Confident Of Winning Chelsea Today / Petr Cech Reveals Major Difference Between Jose Mourinho And Arsene Wenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsene Wenger Was Not The Problem. by Samphoenix1: 5:56pm On Aug 12, 2018
With the announcement of unai emery, you would have expected things to change but watching arsenal vs man city.... its almost the same arsenal
Re: Arsene Wenger Was Not The Problem. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2018
I've said it time and again. Wenger was a big part of the problem because he failed to evolve. he thought he could keep up the policy of spending little and winning big. the best clubs spend big and win big. then again he failed to improve tactically. you want to win arsenal? just defend deep like small teams do and score one on the counter. you will see how frustrated the team becomes. Wenger for years had no solution to that but would blame teams for their negative football.

mourinho came with his style and won two league titles for Chelsea. guardiola has come with a better one and he's done one and I don't see any other team challenging except Liverpool maybe.

what arsenal needs is to improve tactically and change a lot of players to suit their tactics.

there are currently only two schools of football that win big. you either play like barca/mancity who keep the ball even right from their keeper or you play like madrid/bayern who play with high energy and tempo and have individual players with crazy abilities. Infact these teams have almost a bit of both types of play but have one dominating.

arsenal cannot be changed in one season. I was impressed that he tried to make cech play the way he did but obviously cech can't so one positive is for him to keep up the play but drop cech.

then we won the ball from city when we marked like them. high tempo and pressing deep inside their half but we were not as clinical as they were.

we need to play like the best to win like the best. all this soft football doesn't help anyone. barca, will never change their play to suit any team. whoever you are they play the same way. that is because they are superior in tactics and players. until we have these we will only be be mid table team or worse.

teams are evolving but we haven't that that why even Tottenham is better than us now.
Re: Arsene Wenger Was Not The Problem. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2018
look at how Liverpool best mancity last season 4-3. they pressed high, played with tempo and didn't respect them. if only they did so well consistently they'd have even topped manu.

style of play or tactics is basically what any team needs most. and you either choose the inferior ones or you build up to more superior ones. takes years to get the players but it's better than been a great team like arsenal and fading out due to a head strong coach with hardline football.

I know emery will be better at least he showed flashes of improvement. bringing in lacazette so early and pairing him with auba unlike Wenger who will wait till 77 then remove striker for striker. And that gwendouni was my best player today.
Re: Arsene Wenger Was Not The Problem. by nzeobi(m): 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2018
wenger was not just a part of the problem, he was there qproblem.
if the shareholders were not giving him money to invest, he was expected to speak up and resign in protest but he waited till he was sacked.

arsenal lost today but I saw the fighting spirit in them rather the timidity that characterised wengers era.
Re: Arsene Wenger Was Not The Problem. by BiafranBushBoy: 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2018
The Arsenal I saw today would stand any team...

Great improvement...

They just missed brilliant chances to go ahead...

Let's wait for Chelsea... Improvement is coming...
Re: Arsene Wenger Was Not The Problem. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
The Arsenal I saw today would stand any team...

Great improvement...

They just missed brilliant chances to go ahead...

Let's wait for Chelsea... Improvement is coming...
we need to be realistic as fans and not be sentimental. this arsenal team is not yet clinical in their finishing, still doesn't have the required work rate to compete with top teams and Cech is still a big problem.

but I agree with you on the fact that improvement is coming
Re: Arsene Wenger Was Not The Problem. by AAA593: 10:27pm On Aug 12, 2018
OneSentence:
look at how Liverpool best mancity last season home and away. they pressed high, played with tempo and didn't respect them. if only they did so well consistently they'd have even topped manu.

style of play or tactics is basically what any team needs most. and you either choose the inferior ones or you build up to more superior ones. takes years to get the players but it's better than been a great team like arsenal and fading out due to a head strong coach with hardline football.

I know emery will be better at least he showed flashes of improvement. bringing in lacazette so early and pairing him with auba unlike Wenger who will wait till 77 then remove striker for striker. And that gwendouni was my best player today.
you try o. which Liverpool team that beat man city home and away? Liverpool was hammered at etihad 7-1. no be only home and away
Re: Arsene Wenger Was Not The Problem. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2018
AAA593:

you try o. which Liverpool team that beat man city home and away? Liverpool was hammered at etihad 7-1. no be only home and away
my bad...I was referring to the 4-3 win over man city...thanks
Re: Arsene Wenger Was Not The Problem. by Anduku: 11:19pm On Aug 12, 2018
E show today o
Re: Arsene Wenger Was Not The Problem. by easyelliot(m): 11:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
Its too early to condemn them after their first game. Lets see how they do against smaller boys like Wolves, Brighton. But the truth is the title race is between City, Liverpool and Spurs.
Re: Arsene Wenger Was Not The Problem. by AAA593: 3:18am On Aug 13, 2018
OneSentence:

my bad...I was referring to the 4-3 win over man city...thanks
liar, you edited it. look at the one I quoted. is there 4-3? grin
Re: Arsene Wenger Was Not The Problem. by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 13, 2018
AAA593:

liar, you edited it. look at the one I quoted. is there 4-3? grin
liar ke? you've quoted it already so it's obvious I made a mistake. I edited it to correct my mistake.

anyway you can't satisfy some people. I made a mistake, you corrected it and I humbly accepted, then I went to correct it for others who might read and want to keep quoting the wrong thing and saying what you said. but no, all u see is a liar...

it's a new week bro...try to be more positive ok...
Re: Arsene Wenger Was Not The Problem. by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 13, 2018
easyelliot:
Its too early to condemn them after their first game. Lets see how they do against smaller boys like Wolves, Brighton. But the truth is the title race is between City, Liverpool and Spurs.

now this is the kinda fan I admire. very realistic while at the same time hoping for the best...I we can improve and get some momentum as well as the mentality Leicester had back then we can spring a surprise

1 Like

Re: Arsene Wenger Was Not The Problem. by AAA593: 8:41am On Aug 13, 2018
OneSentence:

liar ke? you've quoted it already so it's obvious I made a mistake. I edited it to correct my mistake.

anyway you can't satisfy some people. I made a mistake, you corrected it and I humbly accepted, then I went to correct it for others who might read and want to keep quoting the wrong thing and saying what you said. but no, all u see is a liar...

it's a new week bro...try to be more positive ok...
no problems brother.

(1) (Reply)

Previews, Predictions And Betting Tips Of Soccer / 2018 Ballon D’or: Ronaldo, Messi Miss Out Of ‘three-man Final Shortlist / Nigerian Soccer Star, Samuel Chukwueze, Beats Messi's Record In LA Liga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.