Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

2019: Bubble Of US-based Prof. Farouq Kperogi Busted By A Don! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Bubble Of US-based Prof. Farouq Kperogi Busted By A Don! (447 Views)

Tinubu Is Sick, Very Sick-farouq Kperogi / Fake INEC Officials Busted By Security Operatives In Rivers (Photos) / "Lai Mohammed's Big Lie Busted" - By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Bubble Of US-based Prof. Farouq Kperogi Busted By A Don! by Aboki99(m): 10:29am On Aug 13, 2018
KPEROGUE: HOW IQ IS MEASURED AND WHY HE CAN'T BE RATED HIGH

In one of his arrogant and judgemental assaults and insults on those who choose to support PMB, Kperogue (as his students tired of his puerile exuberance nick-named him) posited that those who support PMB " have the IQ of a pig and the memory of a gold fish". And recently in another of his habitually infantile diatribes, he barked that,: "I have never in my entire life seen a more idiotic set of people than Buharists". The insults keep coming on on daily basis like a deluge unto the laps of those of us who willingly, and in our little wisdom or rather, " low IQ" and "stupidity" choose to identify with PMB!

But do we join Kperogue into the filthy gutters of lexical invectives exchanges and risk being like him? No, we don't; because, as the saying goes, if a madman bangs into your toilet and runs away with your towel, you don't give him chase lest people find it hard to tell you apart from him! You maintain your cool and ask for another towel! This I intend to do here-in-under as a responsible university teacher.

First, since Kperogue always asserts that those who disagree with his views or position on PMB and his govt are "low IQ", it is logical to conclude that Kperogue believes he has a high IQ. But is this a correct self-belief or a hallucination? Well, IQ was invented by Alfred Binet in 1904 and it is measured not by words-of-mouth self-claim to it but by quite a sophisticated math formula or equation involving just two variables: (1) A person's CHRONOLOGICAL age & (2) A person's MENTAL age. The 1st is your normal age e. g 30, 40 years etc. The 2nd refers to your cognitive abilities relative to what others of different ages can do. For e.g if you are a 40 year old Prof who behaves like an 18year old, your mental age is 18 years though your chronological age is 40! The opposite could also be true! So, given your two ages, Binet devised this formula to calculate IQ: Mental Age/Chronological age x 100= IQ. Let's take an e.g If your Chronological age is 40 and your mental age is also 40, your IQ score will be 100. This means you are exactly where an average person will be; so your IQ is average. If you have 30 mental years and 20 Chronological age then your IQ score is 150 which is above average. Moreover, Binet recognises that life circumstances may suppress/bring out IQ potentials in persons. Thus if people 'A' have the best opportunities of studies in a foreign land and people 'B' lack such but compete favourably with those in A, then people 'B' may likely have higher IQ than people 'A'!

Now, how does Kperogue objectively measure on an IQ scale? Well, to be fair, I do not have his exact chronological age but I can, with very little margin of error, guess that based on his 'old' photo taken in 2000s (which he recently posted). I think, he is in his late 30s or early 40s so I give him 41. As for his mental age and cognitive abilities, his write-ups are sufficient for me to guesstimate that with very, very little margin of error! What with the immature, temperamental, rash resort to insults/invectives at the slightest or, mostly, no provocation? What with the infatuation to not appreciate the dictum that "uneasy lies the head that wears the crown", which clearly indicates lack of life leadership experience inherent in gra-gra, exuberant, happy-go-lucky youth or youngsters? Also, given the US opportunities Kperogue had and how some Nigerians without such successfully take up every gauntlet he throws their way, Kperogue clearly may not have the high IQ he indirectly claims to possess. All considered, I give Kperogue 30 Mental age. Thus, calculating his IQ, we get 75: which is less than average! No wonder, those who in arrogance claim sterling qualities often end up lacking same!

Moreover, I challenge our " high IQ" Kperogue (and his happy-clappy fans can convey this to him) to post for all to see,his Graduate Record Exam (GRE) results which he used in gaining admission into his abysmally low-ranked alma Marta at both University of Louisiana @ Lafayette (ranked 800th in USA by T.H.E in 2018) and Georgia State University (ranked 601-800th in USA by T.H.E in 2018), where Kperogue did his MSC and PhD respectively! If Kperogue truly has the high IQ he purports to possess, why only third class US universities could find him worthy of a place? We see humble, truly high IQ men like Aminu Gamawa attended the first class, prestigious Harvard University and, as his ilk are won't to do, they do not make a song and dance about it or insult us as "low IQ", " stupid Buharists with the memory of a gold fish"! In fact, if after attending low-ranked, mushroom US varsities, Kperogue could insult people the way he makes a horrible habit of doing, what would he have done if, like Gamawa, he attended the great Harvard University? Knowing the unseen and hating the arrogant and proud chaps, God ma perhaps chose to let our self-acclaimed "high IQ" Kperogue settled (for study and work) with low-ranked, unknown, mushroom US varsities, so that his wings of pride was clipped ab initio! AHausa proverb goes : "if a quella bird's ancestry and specie have not been known, it would have claimed descent from peacocks!" The falcon can't hide from the falconer! Life is tit for tat; though we can't dive with you, "Prof" into the gutters! It isn't our natural habitat!!!

SOURCE:https://www.facebook.com/hamisu.hadejia/posts/692541394440808
CC: Lalasticlala

Re: 2019: Bubble Of US-based Prof. Farouq Kperogi Busted By A Don! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:32am On Aug 13, 2018
Too much time to answer that thing with such an awkward name.
People like that are better left alone.
Re: 2019: Bubble Of US-based Prof. Farouq Kperogi Busted By A Don! by dukie25: 10:32am On Aug 13, 2018
Lie
Re: 2019: Bubble Of US-based Prof. Farouq Kperogi Busted By A Don! by Bethel4Life(f): 10:57am On Aug 13, 2018
Hhmm

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Aspirant Eunice Atuejide Has Dissolved National Exec Of Her Party / Omoyele Sowore Shades Both Atiku And Buhari Over Trekking / Atiku Reacts To Buhari Sponsoring Medical Bill Of Blind NYSC Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.