Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

No Spread Of Lassa Fever In Enugu, Says Health Commissioner - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / No Spread Of Lassa Fever In Enugu, Says Health Commissioner (3885 Views)

The Doctor Killed By Lassa Fever In Abia Pictured / Burial Of Doctor Who Died Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (PHOTOS) / UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Spread Of Lassa Fever In Enugu, Says Health Commissioner by AnonPoet: 1:41pm On Aug 13, 2018
The Enugu State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Fintan Ekochin has denied a report in front page of Vanguard newspaper of August 13, 2018, alleging a spread of Lassa fever in the state, stating that the publication is false and misleading.

Reacting to the development, the Health Commissioner said that the false report is capable of causing undue panic among the residents of the state at a time when personal hygiene and environment sanitization should be the paramount message.

Dr. Ekochin explained that the state had one confirmed case of Lassa fever, which was duly made public last week, adding that none of the close contacts of the confirmed victim has till date tested positive for the disease.

Wondering who the “source” that the reporter quoted was, his or her integrity and medical proficiency, Dr. Ekochin urged the general public to disregard the report of the purported spread of Lassa fever in Enugu State.

He therefore, maintained that the state government is committed, through its new Public Health Emergency Centre, to continue active surveillance and control measures in keeping with its resolve to ensure health security and wellbeing of the people of the state.

http://thepunditng.com/no-spread-of-lassa-fever-in-enugu-says-health-commissioner/

1 Like

Re: No Spread Of Lassa Fever In Enugu, Says Health Commissioner by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2018
Good news such as this is what we wanna read daily all over the country.
Re: No Spread Of Lassa Fever In Enugu, Says Health Commissioner by Merimental(m): 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2018
Ken Okonkwo is probably master-minding d spread of dat false news...GOD Bless Coal city
Re: No Spread Of Lassa Fever In Enugu, Says Health Commissioner by Homeboiy: 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2018
Kenneth okonkwo
Your a failure
Re: No Spread Of Lassa Fever In Enugu, Says Health Commissioner by mytime24(f): 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2018
Better
Re: No Spread Of Lassa Fever In Enugu, Says Health Commissioner by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2018
Smh at some irrational comments from haters already!
Well, the next Governor of the state (Kenneth Okonkwo) has said already that he will always ignore every hate speech towards him, the same way the President ignores!

Love you Mr Ken.
Re: No Spread Of Lassa Fever In Enugu, Says Health Commissioner by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:31pm On Aug 13, 2018
mytime24:
Better
Best!
Re: No Spread Of Lassa Fever In Enugu, Says Health Commissioner by Ochiboy11: 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2018
I NEED HELP
I am a YouTuber, I have run my account for Nearly 2years now to reach the thresholds for monetization. Now I only need 300 subscribers to enable my monetization. PLEASE AND PLEASE Can You please subscribe to my YouTube channel to enable me actualize my dream. Your subscribe will make me a happy man today. Thank you so much.
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE VIA MY VIDEO LINK BELOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IURDDhhUJ2s
Re: No Spread Of Lassa Fever In Enugu, Says Health Commissioner by exporters101: 2:51pm On Aug 13, 2018
That's a false alarm
Re: No Spread Of Lassa Fever In Enugu, Says Health Commissioner by Awesometessy: 3:12pm On Aug 13, 2018
Re: No Spread Of Lassa Fever In Enugu, Says Health Commissioner by loverboys: 3:13pm On Aug 13, 2018
Den na who come de spread d news??
Re: No Spread Of Lassa Fever In Enugu, Says Health Commissioner by LZAA: 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2018
AnonPoet:
The Enugu State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Fintan Ekochin has denied a report in front page of Vanguard newspaper of August 13, 2018, alleging a spread of Lassa fever in the state, stating that the publication is false and misleading.

Reacting to the development, the Health Commissioner said that the false report is capable of causing undue panic among the residents of the state at a time when personal hygiene and environment sanitization should be the paramount message.

Dr. Ekochin explained that the state had one confirmed case of Lassa fever, which was duly made public last week, adding that none of the close contacts of the confirmed victim has till date tested positive for the disease.

Wondering who the “source” that the reporter quoted was, his or her integrity and medical proficiency, Dr. Ekochin urged the general public to disregard the report of the purported spread of Lassa fever in Enugu State.

He therefore, maintained that the state government is committed, through its new Public Health Emergency Centre, to continue active surveillance and control measures in keeping with its resolve to ensure health security and wellbeing of the people of the state.

http://thepunditng.com/no-spread-of-lassa-fever-in-enugu-says-health-commissioner/
We all knew it was the handwork of lagos ibadan press
Lazy children of hate like buhariguy and sarkin
Smh
Cc immhotep mightguy
Re: No Spread Of Lassa Fever In Enugu, Says Health Commissioner by patrickcollins: 5:16pm On Aug 13, 2018
post=70241447:
Smh at some irrational comments from haters already!
Well, the next Governor of the state (Kenneth Okonkwo) has said already that he will always ignore every hate speech towards him, the same way the President ignores!

Love you Mr Ken.
Your are dreaming,ken can't win Local Government Chairman here in Enugu.

(1) (Reply)

Teeth Whitening Pen / Turnkey Hospitals For Developing Nations / These TWO Amazing Secrets Will Enable You To Last Longer In Bed In 30 Days.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.