Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,581 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat (9724 Views)

Pastor Hacks Banker Wife To Death In Imo [graphic Photo] / Nigerian Man Beats His Mother To Death With A Chair In The US (photos) / Female Banker, Others Charged With Defrauding Emir Of Kano’s Account (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by AloyEmeka5: 10:21pm On Jun 22, 2010
[size=14pt]Pharmacist charged with beating his wife to death with baseball bat[/size]
Suspect admitted he and his wife had a fight

Posted: 06/17/2010

By: Ellen McNamara
By: Keith Baker
TAMPA - Detectives were called to a home in the 8600 block of Villa Largo Drive late Wednesday morning where they found the body of a woman covered in blood.

She's identified as Juliet Ademoye.

Her husband, Olufemi Ademoye, told detectives they had a fight inside the home. He ran to a neighbors house to get help and to call 911.

Detectives say Ademoye claims his wife had a heart attack.

Inside the bedroom, officers found evidence of a different story. The master bedroom and bathroom were covered in blood. An aluminum baseball bat with blood that matched the victim?s blood was found nearby.

John Munoz, lives next door to the couple and often saw the couples son playing basketball. Munoz said when he first heard about the alleged crime, he immediately felt for the young boy.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/tampa-pharmacist-tried-cpr-after-killing-wife-deputies-say/1103168

"The kids life is ruined forever," Munoz said. "No matter how much family he's got to back him up, it's nothing like losing your father and mother."

Munoz said the couples son was out of town for the summer.

Ademoye is now charged with second-degree murder and for the first time Thursday morning went before a Hillsborough County Judge.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/r ,  seball-bat
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2010
Is the woman a Nurse?
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by AloyEmeka5: 10:31pm On Jun 22, 2010
Tampa pharmacist tried CPR after killing wife, deputies say

By Jessica Vander Velde, Times Staff Writer
In Print: Friday, June 18, 2010

TAMPA — Pharmacist Olufemi Ademoye beat his wife over and over with a baseball bat Wednesday morning, killing her, deputies allege. But when paramedics arrived to the couple's north Tampa duplex, he appeared to be attempting CPR.

Ademoye, 52, told them she suffered a heart attack, though bloodstains on the baseball bat and mattress suggested something else. He was charged with second-degree murder and held without bail at the Falkenburg Road Jail.

He did not try to explain the blood, or the wounds on the head and upper body of Juliet Ademoye, 53, a Sheriff's Office spokesman said.

The father is an outgoing man who worked hard at his pharmacy and African restaurant, said one neighbor, John Muñoz. Some neighbors say Ademoye has been confrontational, but Muñoz noted, "I've never had any problems with him."

A cousin, Babatunde Ademoye of London, said in a phone interview Thursday that he is shocked by the charges. He spent Christmas with the couple in Tampa in 2003. He said his cousin is a good man.

"I find it very hard to believe," he said.

Olufemi Ademoye, speaking through jail officials, declined to comment, as did his lawyer, Fehintola Oguntebi of Tampa.

The Ademoyes have a teenage son, currently traveling in Europe, neighbors said.

The family lived in a beige stucco duplex valued at $105,822.

The Sheriff's Office had come to the address after a burglary in 2006 and a grease fire in 2008, but county records show nothing to suggest a history of domestic discord.

On Thursday, the home remained surrounded by crime scene tape as investigators removed evidence.

Juliet Ademoye worked at African Eateries, the couple's restaurant and catering business at 320 W Waters Ave. They rented the space from Maria Rodriguez, who owns a hair salon next door.

Rodriguez said she saw Juliet Ademoye a few days ago and she seemed cheerful. They had recently renewed their annual lease, Rodriguez said.

Olufemi Ademoye, who was known to many as just "Femi," was a stocky, hard-working pharmacist who would sometimes return home from work at 9 or 10 p.m., Muñoz said.

He worked at Crown Pharmacy on Waters Avenue, where a clerk was threatened several weeks ago by a robber seeking drugs, including oxycodone.

He also worked at African Eateries and would stop by the hair salon to talk to Rodriguez.

"Both of them were very nice people," Rodriguez said. The store and the restaurant were closed Thursday.

Times news researcher John Martin contributed to this report. Jessica Vander Velde can be reached at jvandervelde@sptimes.com or (813) 226-3433.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/tampa-pharmacist-tried-cpr-after-killing-wife-deputies-say/1103168
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by EzeUche(m): 10:33pm On Jun 22, 2010
So Yorubas do beat their wives!

To all the people who say Igbos are known for this, it would seem that Yorubas do it as well.
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by AloyEmeka5: 10:38pm On Jun 22, 2010
Why is everything about you Igbo vs Yoruba?. undecided undecided undecided undecided

Women are even abused more in the north and not Southern Nigeria. For what its worth, is igbo vs Yoruba also responsible for your early outing at the world cup?
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by SEFAGO(m): 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2010
^ yep enyeama let in the goal. we would have gone through undecided
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by AloyEmeka5: 10:57pm On Jun 22, 2010
SEFAGO:

^ yep enyeama let in the goal. we would have gone through  undecided
Go and sit your sorry azz down; There is so much Enyeama can do. Just like Goerge Campos or Chilavert, as great as they were couldn't save their country from conceding goals.
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by mamagee3(f): 10:58pm On Jun 22, 2010
SEFAGO:

^ yep enyeama let in the goal. we would have gone through undecided
Does Enyeama have to do everything?

I mean the players had all their hopes on enyeama. . .

They didn't even try preventing the goals.
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by SEFAGO(m): 11:00pm On Jun 22, 2010
just joking tongue, enyeama is my man kiss

No homo
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by deor03(m): 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2010
2 world cups without a win.

Where's Amodu again to come and qualify us for the next world cup
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by mamagee3(f): 11:38pm On Jun 22, 2010
What the heck!

Is this the latest thing happening these days with Nigerians.

Killing their wives for no good reason. . .most Nigerians abroad are evil!
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by OgidiBoy(m): 11:40pm On Jun 22, 2010
Has anyone heard from FLGATOR lately? sad
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 22, 2010
women can destroy lives!
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by sjeezy8: 11:46pm On Jun 22, 2010
abi o o o o o o
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by AloyEmeka5: 11:49pm On Jun 22, 2010
deor03:

2 world cups  without a win.

Where's Amodu again to come and qualify us for the next world cup

What do you mean by a win or do you mean quarter finals?. Nigerians are not going to WC to win but to reach quarter finals like Cameroun and Senegal.
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by AloyEmeka5: 11:50pm On Jun 22, 2010
mama-gee:

What the heck!

Is this the latest thing happening these days with Nigerians.

Killing their wives for no good reason
. . .most Nigerians abroad are evil!

You don't know how she mentally abused him before he snapped. A thing like this can happen in a jiffy but lets leave it at that for the sake of the dead.
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 22, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Has anyone heard from FLGATOR lately? sad
My dilema with naija men is not up to this level yet. I think I'm still alive tho. Nigeria football team will be the end of me.

~going back to drowning in tears~
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 22, 2010
Calling one of my aunt, making sure she's not the one shocked
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by AloyEmeka5: 12:05am On Jun 23, 2010
FL Gators:

Calling one of my aunt, making sure she's not the one shocked

You don't know your aunt's name anymore? 
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 23, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

You don't know your aunt's name anymore? 
It was a joke, ma dear.
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by OgidiBoy(m): 12:06am On Jun 23, 2010
FL Gators:

My dilema with naija men is not up to this level yet. I think I'm still alive tho. Nigeria football team will be the end of me.

~going back to drowning in tears~

Thank God you OK, for a min there I was worried. So this wife killing don reach FL, I thought it was only a Texas thing.
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 23, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Thank God you OK, for a min there I was worried. So this wife killing don reach FL, I thought it was only a Texas thing.
I bet you the lady in question is a RN lol.

Football season is coming back, am so hyper cheesy Ready to beat y'all as usual
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by AloyEmeka5: 12:09am On Jun 23, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Goes to show that Texas didn't make them bad, it was the Nigerian in them that made them evil. Are you now convinced that Nigerian men have huge ego?
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by AloyEmeka5: 12:11am On Jun 23, 2010
FL Gators:

WTF with this RN of a thing? How much do they make?. The dead woman for Petes sake owns a flourishing business and can as well be earning more than her husband who is a pharmacist.
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by AloyEmeka5: 12:13am On Jun 23, 2010
Tampa pharmacist tried CPR after killing wife, deputies say

By Jessica Vander Velde, Times Staff Writer
In Print: Friday, June 18, 2010

TAMPA — Pharmacist Olufemi Ademoye beat his wife over and over with a baseball bat Wednesday morning, killing her, deputies allege. But when paramedics arrived to the couple's north Tampa duplex, he appeared to be attempting CPR.

Ademoye, 52, told them she suffered a heart attack, though bloodstains on the baseball bat and mattress suggested something else. He was charged with second-degree murder and held without bail at the Falkenburg Road Jail.

He did not try to explain the blood, or the wounds on the head and upper body of Juliet Ademoye, 53, a Sheriff's Office spokesman said.

The father is an outgoing man who worked hard at his pharmacy and African restaurant, said one neighbor, John Muñoz. Some neighbors say Ademoye has been confrontational, but Muñoz noted, "I've never had any problems with him."

A cousin, Babatunde Ademoye of London, said in a phone interview Thursday that he is shocked by the charges. He spent Christmas with the couple in Tampa in 2003. He said his cousin is a good man.

"I find it very hard to believe," he said.

Olufemi Ademoye, speaking through jail officials, declined to comment, as did his lawyer, Fehintola Oguntebi of Tampa.

The Ademoyes have a teenage son, currently traveling in Europe, neighbors said.

The family lived in a beige stucco duplex valued at $105,822.

The Sheriff's Office had come to the address after a burglary in 2006 and a grease fire in 2008, but county records show nothing to suggest a history of domestic discord.

On Thursday, the home remained surrounded by crime scene tape as investigators removed evidence.

[size=14pt]Juliet Ademoye worked at African Eateries, the couple's restaurant and catering business at 320 W Waters Ave. They rented the space from Maria Rodriguez, who owns a hair salon next door.[/size]

Rodriguez said she saw Juliet Ademoye a few days ago and she seemed cheerful. They had recently renewed their annual lease, Rodriguez said.

Olufemi Ademoye, who was known to many as just "Femi," was a stocky, hard-working pharmacist who would sometimes return home from work at 9 or 10 p.m., Muñoz said.

He worked at Crown Pharmacy on Waters Avenue, where a clerk was threatened several weeks ago by a robber seeking drugs, including oxycodone.

He also worked at African Eateries and would stop by the hair salon to talk to Rodriguez.

"Both of them were very nice people," Rodriguez said.

The store and the restaurant were closed Thursday.

Times news researcher John Martin contributed to this report.

Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by Sissy3(f): 12:15am On Jun 23, 2010
olas2u:

women can destroy lives!

and killing them saves life
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by AloyEmeka5: 12:20am On Jun 23, 2010
~Sissy~:

I wonder o. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 23, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

WTF with this RN of a thing? How much do they make?. The dead woman for Petes sake owns a flourishing business and can as well be earning more than her husband who is a pharmacist.
They're usually the victims. RN dont make much, abt $20-$25/hr in FL.
I dont think he killed her for the money. . . . maybe they had an argument and in a spec of secs, the man thought he was in Nigeria again. Started beating her like she was cow meat.
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by OgidiBoy(m): 12:23am On Jun 23, 2010
FL Gators:

BRING IT ON BABY tongue tongue

And I bet you the dude filed for her to come to the states not too long ago and now she's making more money then him, and now she wants to  

control all the money and his been in the states for over 20 years.
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 23, 2010
~Sissy~:

[/quot

Well,i just felt that way since there are now over  500 Nigerians in jail on issues relating to murder and assault,and there is still more to  come.Guys should work  harder and earn finacial  independence,if not , na problem
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by Sissy3(f): 12:28am On Jun 23, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

I wonder o. shocked shocked shocked shocked

no mind am. as if men are angel Gabriel or saint Micheal

i hope the woman gets justice. just pity for their kid cause he not only gets to bear the consequences of not having a mother and now a father but he will also be reminded on how his mother was brutally murdered by his father
Re: Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 23, 2010

Well,i just felt that way since there are now over  500 Nigerians jail on issues relating to murder and assault,and there is still more to  come.Guys should work  harder and et finacial  independence,if not , na problem

Are you seriously trying to blame Nigerian women for this?

OgidiBoy:

BRING IT ON BABY tongue tongue
[b]
And I bet you [/b]the dude filed for her to come to the states not too long ago and now she's making more money then him, and now she wants to  

control all the money and his been in the states for over 20 years.

Lol I wont bring my hopes up tho, since Tebow left, I dont feel much of the team spirit anymore.

And I'm certain you'd have won that bet. Nigerian men and their overblown ego.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader / Nigerian Arrested In India As Police Nab International Drug Criminals / Gunmen Kill ASP In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.