Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,833 members, 7,862,733 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:14 AM

The Day New York Went Into 30 Hours Darkness 15 Years Ago(Photos) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Day New York Went Into 30 Hours Darkness 15 Years Ago(Photos) (3008 Views)

What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? / Accident Kills Man Who Returned To Nigeria After 15 Years Abroad (Photos) / Man Who Just Returned From Europe After 15 Years Dies In Motor Accident (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day New York Went Into 30 Hours Darkness 15 Years Ago(Photos) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
thats what happens when you reply heavily on tech...but as the op said thats united state of america but Nigeria or Africa...

meanwhile check my signature if you are in need of a writer
Re: The Day New York Went Into 30 Hours Darkness 15 Years Ago(Photos) by okwabayi(m): 5:17pm On Aug 14, 2018
This thing still seems like yesterday. I remember it very well. Wow. So if I had a kid back then I would've become the father of a 5'10+ 15 year old? Another power outage happened in 2011, it even lasted longer -- about three days or so. The only difference was 2011's hit a small portion of New York.
Re: The Day New York Went Into 30 Hours Darkness 15 Years Ago(Photos) by dayleke: 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
I still remember the day vividly like yesterday .
I had to climb the stairs to the 12th floor of my apartment building back then in the Bronx.
Chaos all over the place.
Interesting memories sha.
Re: The Day New York Went Into 30 Hours Darkness 15 Years Ago(Photos) by gurunlocker: 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
Nigerians are the real survivors!

That's why nobody should go to hell in this naija, cos the country is already hell.

Imagine just 30 hours and everything turns upside down.

in fact in some part of the country, if the like is using like 8 hours at a stretch, we will be begging them to take the light.
Re: The Day New York Went Into 30 Hours Darkness 15 Years Ago(Photos) by Rigging(m): 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2018
I remember vividly when it was aired on CNN and BBC. many people committed suicide thinking it was end of days.
Re: The Day New York Went Into 30 Hours Darkness 15 Years Ago(Photos) by SeriousPartner(f): 10:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
Wowww.....
Re: The Day New York Went Into 30 Hours Darkness 15 Years Ago(Photos) by hunter21(m): 2:17pm On Aug 15, 2018
I am in the process of developing a new energy technology that is potentially worth billions of dollars if my theory is proving right after I finish constructing the first prototype. The technology I'm developing increases fuel efficiency to over 7000 times that of generators operated by steam engines, piston engines and gas turbines.
When I say energy, i mean electricity. What it means is that the fuel used to power a 3KVA household generator can be used to power a whole city.
Without disclosing to much information however a major component of the device I'm building is still unavailable to due to financial and logistic reasons, the component is vanadium dioxide. I need 2 units of vanadium dioxide discs with the following specifications:
Diameter:8cm
Height: 1cm
The thing is the material I need to procure is not available in Nigeria and manufacturers outside the country want to sell at wholesale price Which is very expensive, a manufacturers from China gave me I quote of $3100. I need a contact from USA, Germany or china who can get the material at cheaper rate and send through DHL.
If you are in the position to help me procure this materials and interested in investing in this project please indicate.
Wattsapp: 08080347015

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Should One Do About Such A Sister? / Ladies! Senegalese, Ivory Coast Men, And Cameroon Men / The 10 Weirdest Fishes In The Ocean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.