Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,067 members, 7,828,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Saraki Under Attack Over Demand For Inquiry Into National Assembly Siege - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Under Attack Over Demand For Inquiry Into National Assembly Siege (485 Views)

Thief Breaks Into National Assembly Complex, Steals US Dollars, Office Equipment / Saraki ‘Under Intense Pressure’ To Step Down For Atiku / Saraki Sneaks Himself Into National Assembly In Rickety Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Under Attack Over Demand For Inquiry Into National Assembly Siege by newsbook: 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2018
The President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, has come under serious attack over his demand that President Muhammadu Buhari should set up an independent panel of inquiry into last week’s invasion of the National Assembly by operatives of the Department of State Services.
Saraki had on Tuesday on his Twitter handle made the demand, which as at press time had drawn no fewer than 251 Replies, 422 Retweets and 782 Likes in about one hour.
Many of those who responded insulted the embattled Senate president for his refusal to reopen the National Assembly for the consideration of the Independent National Electoral Commission 2019 elections budget.

Read More at: https://www.thenewsbook.net/breaking-saraki-under-attack-over-demand-for-inquiry-into-national-assembly-siege
Re: Saraki Under Attack Over Demand For Inquiry Into National Assembly Siege by Tolexander: 12:15pm On Aug 14, 2018
stanogb:
I think the Senate President is trying to avoid chaos which may occur if the assembly reconvenes at this time.

However, If I were President Buhari, I would share the trillions of Naira meant for the INEC budget 1 million per head to about Nigeria's 300 million by BVN. And cancel the election.

Only then will we shout Sai Baba till 2050.

Meanwhile, summer plans...
Still wondering what my sin was in heaven for God to have decided sending me to be with this kinda person in Nigeria. cry
Re: Saraki Under Attack Over Demand For Inquiry Into National Assembly Siege by jamace(m): 12:17pm On Aug 14, 2018
Thug Omo-Agege mace snatching episode is still fresh in our minds.
Re: Saraki Under Attack Over Demand For Inquiry Into National Assembly Siege by StillX10(m): 12:43pm On Aug 14, 2018
APC senators have sinister motive definitely if the House reconvene
Re: Saraki Under Attack Over Demand For Inquiry Into National Assembly Siege by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 14, 2018
Buhari can resolve this problem by simply condemning attempts to use undemocratic means to change the leadership of the Senate

We have real business of governance to get on with. Elections is 6 months away

Why can’t we manage Saraki for 6 months?
Re: Saraki Under Attack Over Demand For Inquiry Into National Assembly Siege by magoo10(m): 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2018
If buhari and his locomotive government were sincere by now they would have exposed those behind the invasion of the senate.

The people who conspired to invade the national assembly and failed are the same people still shouting that they must impeach saraki.

(1) (Reply)

KOFI ATTA ANNAN Dies At 80 / Presentation By Oyo State Accountant General At Oxford / Salah Celebration: Sai Baba Snacks on Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.