Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Croatia World Cup Star Mandzukic Quits International Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Croatia World Cup Star Mandzukic Quits International Football (313 Views)

Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 / Nigeria Vs Croatia: Mandzukic Shocked Over Penalty Decision Against Super Eagles / Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Croatia World Cup Star Mandzukic Quits International Football by PenPrince07: 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
Croatia star Mario Mandzukic has retired from international football after leading his country to second place at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

Mandzukic who announced the decision on Monday described the World Cup experience as the “most important memory of my career.”

He scored three goals as the Europeans clinched the second position at the competition which ended one month ago.

“World Cup silver has given me new energy, but it has also made this incredibly difficult decision a bit easier,” the Juventus star posted on social media.

“We have made our dreams come true, achieved a historic success, and experienced an unbelievable fan support.

“That month, including the welcome in Zagreb, Slavonski Brod, and the entire Croatia, will remain the most important memory of my career.

“This has been the most beautiful national team journey, and my favourite return to the homeland.

“I am more than happy, fulfilled, and extremely proud of this silver, that has been forged through [the] years, through pain, effort, work, disappointment, and difficult moments.”

He added that “There is no ideal moment to retire. If possible, we would all play for Croatia until we die, since there is no prouder feeling, but I feel this moment has come for me – now.

“I’ve given my best for Croatia, I have contributed to the biggest success of Croatian football.”

He is the country’s second highest goalscorer and played at the Brazil 2014 and Russia 2018 World Cup – after his debut in 2007.

https://www.concisenews.global/2018/08/14/mandzukic-quits-international-football/

MYND44, Lala

Re: Croatia World Cup Star Mandzukic Quits International Football by harmony940(m): 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2018
I love this guy,he was very patriotic to his country,retire in peace bro.
Re: Croatia World Cup Star Mandzukic Quits International Football by FavourB123(m): 1:39am On Aug 15, 2018
Much Love!
Really Love this guy..
Rest well and enjoy ur money bro....

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Football Star, Victor Moses Retires From Super Eagles / Jose Mourinho Confesses His Incredible Mistakes As Manu Suffers 3-2 Defeat / Europe Top Team's Saturday Round Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.