Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Legalism Abolished By The Cross. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Legalism Abolished By The Cross. (410 Views)

Martha Chioma Ibezim: Cultural Practices Against Women Should Be Abolished / The Law Was Abolished / Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Legalism Abolished By The Cross. by ichuka(m): 5:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
May I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died. (Galatians 6:14 NLT)

You can have Christian law just as much as you can have Mosaic law; you can be in bondage in Christianity just as much as men were in Judaism. Christianity can be made into an imposed system just as much as Mosaic law was, and there are many Christians today who live under the fear of the "Thou shalt" and the "Thou shalt not" of a legalistic conception of the Christian life. You can take the Bible as God's standard for your life and try to fulfill it and yet still be burdened with a sense of constant failure. It is God's standard, and it is a very exhaustive one which leaves no part of the practical life untouched, but those who make the effort to try to live up to it only end in disillusion. No, it is not just a matter of a Book but of a Person, the Person who did live up to that standard, absolutely fulfilling every least demand with the most perfect success, so satisfying God to the full. By His death He has delivered us from the bondage of legal demands. This same Person now lives in us by His Holy Spirit, seeking to work out that perfect will of God not on the basis of some binding instructions from without but as a living force within. We have the law written in our hearts. To be in Christ is a matter of Life and not of legalism.

Christ, and Christ crucified, is the power of God to bring deliverance from sin, from the flesh, from the law and from the world. "God forbid that I should glory save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me and I to the world" (Galatians 6:14). Paul was not glorying that he could enjoy so much of the world and yet have a clear conscience, but was enthusiastic about having been delivered from the world. For believers the only possible way of staying in this world is to know that they no longer belong to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Legalism Abolished By The Cross. by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2018
True bro. "In his obedience, we are obedient."

1 Like

Re: Legalism Abolished By The Cross. by ichuka(m): 10:11pm On Aug 14, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
True bro. "In his obedience, we are obedient."
Yes bro,"For it's no longer we that liveth,but He liveth His life in us and through us"..Gal2:20
Re: Legalism Abolished By The Cross. by Janeyinspires(f): 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
The law now written in our hearts is the spirit of Jesus now living inside of us, to help us live out the law in our lives.That's why Jesus came of course: To fulfill the law on our behalf.

1 Like

Re: Legalism Abolished By The Cross. by ichuka(m): 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2018
Janeyinspires:
The law now written in our hearts is the spirit of Jesus now living inside of us, to help us live out the law in our lives.That's why Jesus came of course: To fulfill the law on our behalf.
True!
The more we depend on His indwelling Spitit in us,the less we struggle in our dairly living

1 Like

Re: Legalism Abolished By The Cross. by ichuka(m): 8:01pm On Jan 09, 2021
bump
Re: Legalism Abolished By The Cross. by ichuka(m): 8:20am On May 28, 2023
Praise God
Re: Legalism Abolished By The Cross. by ichuka(m): 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2023
Praise Jesus

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Need To Stop Typing Amen On Facebook / Mountain Of Fire Reportedly Currently Constructing A N1billion Housing Estate / Gboko City 3 Days Inter-denominational Independence Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.