Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,454 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

How To Answer The Question, 'where Do You See Yourself In The Next Five Years' - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Answer The Question, 'where Do You See Yourself In The Next Five Years' (569 Views)

How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” / The Right Way To Answer The Question: What Should We Pay You? / How To Answer The "What Are Your Greatest Strengths?" Question In An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Answer The Question, 'where Do You See Yourself In The Next Five Years' by gbenyi: 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2018
Most interviewees when asked this question are overcome with perplexity, not knowing if to be frankly honest or give an answer that would impress the interviewers.

Here is how not to answer the question

Try as much as you can not to be so casually optimistic. Don't be the " I see myself at the top" type. This would expose your juvenility on career development and portray you as someone who feels "entitled". Also, don't be the big talker. Do not make any bold statements like you are going to be your interviewers boss in the shortest possible time -- especially if you have no idea about the inner workings of the company. "
When interviewers ask this question, this is what they are trying to decode.

When employers ask this question, here is what they are trying to decode

5. Employers don't want to hear how bad you want the job

There are many ways to answer the question. How you choose to answer it will determine how the interviewer will perceive it. For example “I have no experience in this field but I am a fast learner. I also enjoy helping others grow and inventing new ideas that can help in problem-solving. So if the company see these values in me down the line, I would be glad to work myself up to be part of the leadership or decision making role of this company”.

Do not go about telling the employer how bad you want the job and how you would do anything to keep working for the company. This portrays desperation and insincerity.

4. Employers need to know how long you plan to work

“I never used to ask this question thinking it was stupid until I saw an employer on Reddit narrate of how a prospective employee told him he planned spending his next five year in a foreign country and only needed a six months job to save some capital for the trip. Says a CEO on Reddit.

This question is very important in order not to make the mistake of hiring the wrong person for the job. Also, it is important to take note and not invest so much or too little in an employee.

Your answer will give the employer an idea of what to expect from you and where exactly to fit you in case you get hired.

https://chofam.com/2018/07/when-employers-ask-where-do-you-see-yourself-in-the-next-five-years-what-exactly-are-they-trying-to-decipher/

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Employment! / University Of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH) Recruitment 2018 Exercise / CITCC Recruitment | China International Telecommunication Construction Corp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.