Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) (27323 Views)

Generator Fume Kills 4 Family Members In Kwara (Photo) / Generator fume kills 4 children in Bayelsa (Graphic Photos) / Woman Gives Birth To 'Strange' Baby In Aba, Abia State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by sfinkzslot(m): 11:20pm On Aug 14, 2018
#fearpoverty #fearpoverty The poverty of the poor is what will destroy them, hmmm #fearpoverty
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by unofficial(m): 11:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
Kimsokrates:
Which ignorance.How many times have we heard of people whose death were caused by generator fumes?.Isn't that enough to sensitize every reasonable Nigerian on harmful effect of keeping generators close to your abode?The problem is that we carelessly neglect preventative measures until casualty stare us in the face.

Y’all shouting generators up and down.

Did you know that your gas cookers could also generate CO. I bet you didn’t know that your water heater could too.

Pray to God for safety and don’t blame the dead.

Yeah, also get a CO alarm. It’s quite cheap. Less than 4K last time I checked.
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by ritylove(f): 11:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
IamPlato:

Good

And How Is The Night
just there
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by wizjid69: 11:46pm On Aug 14, 2018
obinna58:
Lack of electricity, indirectly caused by buhari
No...it is lack of sense. Why would you put a generator in closed environment if you know what threat it poses. I never sleep with my generator over night. Its a machine and anything can go wrong at any time. So it is much safer to switch it off when you go to bed. Carbon Monoxide is odourless and colourless. This man's negligence caused the death of his entire family. People should please be careful how they use their generators.

1 Like

Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 15, 2018
unofficial:

Y’all shouting generators up and down.

Did you know that your gas cookers could also generate CO. I bet you didn’t know that your water heater could too.

Pray to God for safety and don’t blame the dead.

Yeah, also get a CO alarm. It’s quite cheap. Less than 4K last time I checked.
The amount of Co2 produced by those home appliances you mentioned are negligible compared to a generator.so they can hardly cause a fatality.If you don't know only certain concentration of CO can cause death.In certain concentration,CO actually serves important biological functions in your body.Kiss the truth
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by budusky05(m): 12:13am On Aug 15, 2018
Pls this thing needs to be investigated properly, too much stories like this everyday.
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by Grace001: 12:51am On Aug 15, 2018
You can never hear this type of death news even in ordinary Benin Republic. It's only in Shit-hole-nigeria that you can hear about news like this. RIP
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by obinna58(m): 1:50am On Aug 15, 2018
wizjid69:

No...it is lack of sense. Why would you put a generator in closed environment if you know what threat it poses. I never sleep with my generator over night. Its a machine and anything can go wrong at any time. So it is much safer to switch it off when you go to bed. Carbon Monoxide is odourless and colourless. This man's negligence caused the death of his entire family. People should please be careful how they use their generators.
Not everyone can understand

1 Like

Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by unofficial(m): 2:36am On Aug 15, 2018
Kimsokrates:
The amount of Co2 produced by those home appliances you mentioned are negligible compared to a generator.so they can hardly cause a fatality.If you don't know only certain concentration of CO can cause death.In certain concentration,CO actually serves important biological functions in your body.Kiss the truth

Not here to trade words, so you won’t hear from me after this.

These non-fatal emissions you’ve pointed out above cause over 400 deaths and over 20,000 emergency visits in the States.

But you seem to know it all, so enjoy.
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by IamPlato(m): 7:26am On Aug 15, 2018
ritylove:
just there

GOOD MORNING

I Hope You Aint Going To Be "Just There" This Morning
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by ritylove(f): 7:56am On Aug 15, 2018
IamPlato:

GOOD MORNING

I Hope You Aint Going To Be "Just There" This Morning
lol GM how was ya nite
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by Baroba(m): 8:04am On Aug 15, 2018
It shall not be well for the criminals and self serving idiots who have ruled this country for the past 50 years, which sane country do you find citizens using generators, jihadist Buhari is busy currently enjoying 24hour electricity in London yet him and the bandits who have ruled us in the past don't think constant power supply is a priority.. Wickedness

May there souls RIP, what a gory picture..
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by IamPlato(m): 8:52am On Aug 15, 2018
ritylove:
lol GM how was ya nite

My Night Was Just There grin

Whats Up With Today
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by ritylove(f): 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2018
IamPlato:

My Night Was Just There grin

Whats Up With Today
just fine
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by sacajawea: 1:38pm On Aug 15, 2018
Grace001:
You can never hear this type of death news even in ordinary Benin Republic. It's only in Shit-hole-nigeria that you can hear about news like this. RIP
Really, so Benin Republic better than Naija
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by mechanics(m): 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2018
Why are people dying from generator fumes, the awareness about this generator fumes has not gotten the desired attention, people need to be enlightened the more, so sad, it maybe the generator was on through out the night and kept close to the window.
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by IamPlato(m): 3:34pm On Aug 15, 2018
ritylove:
just fine

Whats With The "Just" undecided
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by Grace001: 4:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
sacajawea:

Really, so Benin Republic better than Naija

What people don't know is that this people have a responsible government. Benin republic as it is enjoy good pipe-borne water made available to her citizen Whether you're rich or poor you enjoy that facility, uninterrupted power supply, good transportation system. Undoubtedly Nigeria has a country is richer than Benin, what's the usefulness of the money if it can't be channel to the right thing. An average Beninese can't live Nigeria for 1 month because they are not use to blackout. Some people have clocked the age of 30 since they were born in Nigeria they have never witness 30 hours uninterpreted power supply is that a good life in this 21st century.

Giant of africa my ass.
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by ritylove(f): 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2018
IamPlato:

Whats With The "Just" undecided
ok
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by IamPlato(m): 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2018
ritylove:
ok
Did She Just Do That To Me? shocked

Oh My God! shocked
Re: Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) by ritylove(f): 2:00am On Aug 16, 2018
IamPlato:

Did She Just Do That To Me? shocked

Oh My God! shocked

lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dead Rat Found In Bag Of Rice During Economic Hardship / Beware Of Heatstroke In This Period Nigerians / NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.