Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,865 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

So What's Next For You After Graduation? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / So What's Next For You After Graduation? (7731 Views)

Al-Ameen: Bayero University First Class Graduate Dies A Day After Graduation / 88-Year-Old Man Prepares For His Death, Dies A Day After Graduation (Photos) / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by Richhard(m): 8:49am On Aug 15, 2018
lytech1:
Will save this write up and show my mum when next i visit her.
as the first child of the family,i av to rely heavily on her advice
MY SON,TO BECOME GRATE IN LIFE,YOU HAVE TO FACE YOUR STUDIES,STAY AWAY FROM FRIENDS.TROUBLE AND ALWAYS MIND YOUR BIZ.
All this i put into action. I end up graduating with good grade but end up having few friends throughout my stay in the university.
av come across my colleagues who depend on me to pass their exam living large. Countless of them are now happily married while am here still depending on a boss to earn a living.

This is strong

1 Like

Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by durubennie(m): 8:54am On Aug 15, 2018
u learn a digital skill and earn peanuts.. but if u hustle untop my broda d sky is ur limit
joessi:

Lol..e no go easy then
Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 9:05am On Aug 15, 2018
Well said!

I think the need for personal development for the future should be included in school's curriculum.

Many students don't have this awareness, education is not the key in Nigeria anymore, our Government don change the padlock.

Being a graduate with good grades or a first class, isn't a sure banker that you will land a good job, nah! Far from that, these days, good certificates only increases your chances in the over saturated labour market.

Personal development/ self invest is bae!

5 Likes

Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by joessi(m): 9:09am On Aug 15, 2018
lytech1:
MY SON,TO BECOME GRATE IN LIFE,YOU HAVE TO FACE YOUR STUDIES,STAY AWAY FROM FRIENDS.TROUBLE AND ALWAYS MIND YOUR BIZ.
All this i put into action. I end up graduating with good grade but end up having few friends throughout my stay in the university.
av come across my colleagues who depend on me to pass their exam living large. Countless of them are now happily married while am here still depending on a boss to earn a living.

This got to me personally. It can be heart breaking to have the beat grade and not the best life but our parent and society ought to know that good grade is not directly proportional to success. While it might seems to be late.. Its not.. Its not actually too late until you are late.. You can still reach your dreams

3 Likes

Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by Leorichy: 9:16am On Aug 15, 2018
This are post that should be hitting homepage, nice write up

1 Like

Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by joessi(m): 9:21am On Aug 15, 2018
WHIZKIDEFE:
Well said!

I think the need for personal development for the future should be included in school's curriculum.

Many students don't have this awareness, education is not the key in Nigeria anymore, our Government don change the padlock.

Being a graduate with good grades or a first class, isn't a sure banker that you will land a good job, nah! Far from that, these days, good certificates only increases your chances in the over saturated labour market.

Personal development/ self invest is bae!

Very very true.. The days where they give cars to fresh graduate and an awaiting job is past. ..
Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by qanda: 9:27am On Aug 15, 2018
Ok
Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by romme2u: 10:29am On Aug 15, 2018
deepwater:
N Y S C

Now Your Suffering Continuous

cool
Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by joessi(m): 10:44am On Aug 15, 2018

Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by joessi(m): 12:58pm On Aug 15, 2018
So we have the responsibility of equipping ourselves with knowledge, skills, developing our potential now that there is time and no better time to do it like now!!
Educational excellence is great in fact I love it, but when the economy fails to hold up its own side of the bargain then I think we need to improvise...
Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by jojothaiv(m): 7:58pm On Aug 15, 2018
lytech1:
"One day it will make sense"

I followed their commandments too i even had to write another one on a stone tablet, but guess what the stone tablet taught me to stay independent, make something out of myself before and after graduation and most importantly not to discard the experience of others..

Man, i don't know you but hopefully it will get better, just remember this words!

3 Likes

Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by lytech1(m): 8:25pm On Aug 15, 2018
jojothaiv:

I followed their commandments too i even had to write another one on a stone tablet, but guess what the stone tablet taught me to stay independent, make something out of myself before and after graduation and most importantly not to discard the experience of others..

Man, i don't know you but hopefully it will get better, just remember this words!
thanks

1 Like

Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by Richhard(m): 9:17am On Aug 17, 2018
jojothaiv:

Nice one

1 Like

Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by Leorichy: 1:48pm On Aug 19, 2018
joessi:

Very very true.. The days where they give cars to fresh graduate and an awaiting job is past. ..

Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by encryptjay(m): 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2018
Brilliantly elucidated! This thing keeps bugging me sef. What's the next move after graduation? When you see someone saying he wrote 300 tests and attended more than 30 interviews. I haven't really seen the other side of life but you never can tell if you are doing there. I'm sharing this with my counterparts cos I believe they need this; quite a number of youths need this to pierce somewhere in their minds about plan B considering the country we are in.
Thanks OP.

1 Like

Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by Leorichy: 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2018
encryptjay:
Brilliantly elucidated! This thing keeps bugging me sef. What's the next move after graduation? When you see someone saying he wrote 300 tests and attended more than 30 interviews. I haven't really seen the other side of life but you never can tell if you are doing there. I'm sharing this with my counterparts cos I believe they need this; quite a number of youths need this to pierce somewhere in their minds about plan B considering the country we are in.
Thanks OP.

True talk
Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by Hahjascho(m): 8:26pm On Aug 22, 2018
It's a great write up.

But it should also be said that people also make it with good certificates though relatively small.

People with hard earned certificates should be encouraged to prepare and build for the unseen futures in case it turns otherwise

1 Like

Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by joessi(m): 12:47pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hahjascho:
It's a great write up.

But it should also be said that people also make it with good certificates though relatively small.

People with hard earned certificates should be encouraged to prepare and build for the unseen futures in case it turns otherwise

Very true I concur
Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by joessi(m): 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2018
encryptjay:
Thanks OP.

Yes sir.. There is indeed need for plan B most government promises and policies are back sit in reality today .. We might not be fortunate as most countries where company come to pick undergraduate final year students for ready jobs . so there is sure need for a plan B and not just any, one that can stand the trend and time
Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by encryptjay(m): 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2018
joessi:

Yes sir.. There is indeed need for plan B most government promises and policies are back sit in reality today .. We might not be fortunate as most countries where company come to pick undergraduate final year students for ready jobs . so there is sure need for a plan B and not just any, one that can stand the trend and time
Exactly boss.
Re: So What's Next For You After Graduation? by zyzxx(m): 1:31am On Aug 27, 2018

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB Begins Emailing Mock Exam Slips For 2018 UTME / THREE (3) YEARS OPEN & DISTANCE LEARNING BACHELOR DEGREE PROGRAMS IN NIGERIA. / Enugu State Approves ₦24.6 Million Bursary For 246 Enugu Law School Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.