Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate (9128 Views)

Guys Help! My phone's fingerprint scanner just disappeared / Itel Announce S32 Smartphone With Dual Selfie Camera And Fingerprint Scanner / Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner (2) (3) (4)

How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by NaijaTechGuy(m): 1:29am On Aug 15, 2018
Fingerprint scanners, those little round things you see on the back of every smartphone these days can be quite annoying once in a while when you try unlocking your phone with them and you get messages like this

"Fingerprint Mismatch, Fingerprint Error, Fingerprint Is Dirty, FingerPrint Not Recognized".

I know that'll probably leave you staring at you fingers and wonder what's wrong with your fingerprint, most times I'd just use the Face ID to bypass it but if you don't have that I'll walk you through on how to increase the accuracy of your fingerprint scanner.
Depending on your Android phone model, you may have to look around a little bit to find the exact name of the fingerprint setting. On Pixel phones, it’s called Pixel Imprint. On Samsung Galaxy devices, it’s just labeled as “Fingerprint Scanner. So just head over to your settings and go to security.

Most smartphones would let you put up to 5 fingers. The best way to set this up is in an ambidextrous way, don't go wild and call 4 of your family members and register their fingerprint along with you.(Of course I'm just teasing) or put all the fingers on your one hand as a print there. You should register fingers on both hands. This way, if the hand you usually unlock your phone with is tied up, you can still unlock your phone easily with the other one. Similarly, it’s probably a good idea to register multiple fingers on each hand. I believe we all use our phones in a way that our index finger is the easiest to unlock it (unless you're an alien) so if you are right-handed you can try this

a. Right Index Finger

b. Right Middle Finger

c. Left Index Finger

If you are a south-paw just do the exact opposite. Right now we have 2 more finger print slots left.

this time get your fingers wet and clean it in a way that it isn't totally dry then register the finger. This will come in handy when you are in the bathroom or coming out of the rest room and your hands are a bit damp. so we have

d.Wet Finger

So one more finger is remaining ay..now the moment of truth you can register your toe print as the one; anyone of your choice .I know right now you probably think I'm nuts for saying this, you'd be shocked at what you find.

e. Any of your toes (It works though, if you don't fancy it try something else wink )

On a side note - The whorls and ridges on our toes and fingers develop uniquely in each person and are not genetically determined. There are a few famous cases in which criminals have been caught by using toe-prints. The first was at a Scottish bakery in 1952 when a safe-cracker was identified by the footprints he left in flour.

If you enjoyed this post please don't forget to check my signature smiley smiley

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2018/08/how-to-make-your-android-phones.html

Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by Cyb3rhack3r: 7:11am On Aug 16, 2018

Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by TransLucent(m): 1:29pm On Aug 19, 2018
I was wandering, after hard resetting android smartphone the fingerprint scanner will also ask to submit a new fingerprint to it? Or it will again ask you to use the previously submitted one? I used FRP bypass apk to remove locked screen from my device but not sure about the fingerprint scanner.
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by bravesoul247(m): 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2018
Nice article. Make sense
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:08am On Aug 21, 2018
bravesoul247:
Nice article. Make sense

wink
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by qanda: 7:30am On Aug 21, 2018
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by Pabloosas(m): 7:30am On Aug 21, 2018
Cool tips...got toe prints cheesy
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 21, 2018
Dude I use my Thumb tongue, or you forgot some phones got their finger print in front?

Why register five of your finger Can’t you use password to unlock also When your finger print don’t work you use the password

Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by Fuadeiza(m): 7:40am On Aug 21, 2018
I just register a particular finger multiple times... And anyway I put it ... Na GOOOO...

I like the Wet finger idea though... I'll add that

Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 21, 2018
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by wilsonm(m): 7:47am On Aug 21, 2018
okay thanks for the information.
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by calddon(m): 7:48am On Aug 21, 2018
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by Youngstar76(m): 7:51am On Aug 21, 2018
Simply register same finger multiple times to improve accuracy.
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by nanceeleecious(f): 7:53am On Aug 21, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:
Fingerprint scanners, those little round things you see on the back of every smartphone these days can be quite annoying once in a while when you try unlocking your phone with them and you get messages like this

"Fingerprint Mismatch, Fingerprint Error, Fingerprint Is Dirty, FingerPrint Not Recognized".

I know that'll probably leave you staring at you fingers and wonder what's wrong with your fingerprint, most times I'd just use the Face ID to bypass it but if you don't have that I'll walk you through on how to increase the accuracy of your fingerprint scanner.
Depending on your Android phone model, you may have to look around a little bit to find the exact name of the fingerprint setting. On Pixel phones, it’s called Pixel Imprint. On Samsung Galaxy devices, it’s just labeled as “Fingerprint Scanner. So just head over to your settings and go to security.

Most smartphones would let you put up to 5 fingers. The best way to set this up is in an ambidextrous way, don't go wild and call 4 of your family members and register their fingerprint along with you.(Of course I'm just teasing) or put all the fingers on your one hand as a print there. You should register fingers on both hands. This way, if the hand you usually unlock your phone with is tied up, you can still unlock your phone easily with the other one. Similarly, it’s probably a good idea to register multiple fingers on each hand. I believe we all use our phones in a way that our index finger is the easiest to unlock it (unless you're an alien) so if you are right-handed you can try this

a. Right Index Finger

b. Right Middle Finger

c. Left Index Finger

If you are a south-paw just do the exact opposite. Right now we have 2 more finger print slots left.

this time get your fingers wet and clean it in a way that it isn't totally dry then register the finger. This will come in handy when you are in the bathroom or coming out of the rest room and your hands are a bit damp. so we have

d.Wet Finger

So one more finger is remaining ay..now the moment of truth you can register your toe print as the one; anyone of your choice .I know right now you probably think I'm nuts for saying this, you'd be shocked at what you find.

e. Any of your toes (It works though, if you don't fancy it try something else wink )

On a side note - The whorls and ridges on our toes and fingers develop uniquely in each person and are not genetically determined. There are a few famous cases in which criminals have been caught by using toe-prints. The first was at a Scottish bakery in 1952 when a safe-cracker was identified by the footprints he left in flour.

If you enjoyed this post please don't forget to check my signature smiley smiley

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2018/08/how-to-make-your-android-phones.html
Nice one ,i can't use the fingerprint on my S6 edge.Can you help out here,i'ld really appreciate. [/b][b]
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by Homeboiy: 8:00am On Aug 21, 2018
who get infinix note 3 panel
I wan buy
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by khvnggift(m): 8:02am On Aug 21, 2018
Can I use d edge of my tongue or d tip of my ...... cry cheesy
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by Goalnaldo(m): 8:03am On Aug 21, 2018
Nice tips. My innjoo 2 phone at times don't unlock
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by macino1(m): 8:05am On Aug 21, 2018
Nice tips.
At NaijaTechGuy, any idea on how to backup images to google drive & google photo. And how to retrieve them back to your gallery. I am using android phone. Thanks.
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by Vindarlo: 8:06am On Aug 21, 2018
I struggled with the thumbs initially, had to reset and added the forefingers by common sense. The pressure from the fingers also has to be a factor.Meaning if u pressed ur finger hard during setting be sure to maintain the same pressure. Add, also, PIN unlock.
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by Emmafe(m): 8:10am On Aug 21, 2018
Thanks for the info

Check my signature for phone deals
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by Proffdada: 8:24am On Aug 21, 2018
Tongue prints sef dey tongue
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:34am On Aug 21, 2018
nanceeleecious:

Nice one ,i can't use the fingerprint on my S6 edge.Can you help out here,i'ld really appreciate. [/b][b]

Have you tried setting it up previously
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:43am On Aug 21, 2018
macino1:
Nice tips.
At NaijaTechGuy, any idea on how to backup images to google drive & google photo. And how to retrieve them back to your gallery. I am using android phone. Thanks.

When you launch the Google photos app make sure you sign in. Once you do that you'll get a menu that asks you to choose how you want to back up your pictures, you can choose either Wi-Fi or cellular, if you don't want to backup now, just leave it at Wi-Fi, later on you can change it in the settings, if you've already backed up your pictures they'll automatically get synced back to your phone any time you sign in on the photos app.

Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by kingjosephat(m): 8:55am On Aug 21, 2018
Please recently my finger print stop working on my Infinix Note 3 pro and I deleted the registered fingers print on it and tried registering new one but it keeps saying "Finger print hardware not available". What could be done to rectify it.
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by SexTin(f): 10:28am On Aug 21, 2018
khvnggift:
Can I use d edge of my tongue or d tip of my ...... cry cheesy
Of Ur Pee Pee grin
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by sniperwolf(m): 10:37am On Aug 21, 2018
My smartphone has just 3 fingerprint input, I registered my right thumb twice and left thumb once. But I like the idea of wet-finger registration
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by gungab(m): 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2018
OKAY
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by gungab(m): 4:26pm On Aug 21, 2018
OKAY
Re: How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate by gungab(m): 4:27pm On Aug 21, 2018
OKAY

Jumia Is Giving Out 10 Iphone XS Max At #4,200 Each / Download full Pes 2020 ISO PPSPP Game with Pes 2021 kits and Transfer / Glo Special Data Offer Is Back, Now N300 For 1GB