Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real (888 Views)

Adamu: FG Loans Are Not Bad, Loans Are The Source Of Our Infrastructure / TraderMoni: Why We Are Giving N10,000 Collateral Free Loans – Presidency / Trader Moni: Two Million Nigerians To Get Collateral Free Loans In Buhari's Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by Butterflyle0: 7:56am On Aug 15, 2018
#NigeriaRising

While some stay on Facebook and Nairaland and squabble, some are taking advantage and bettering their lives under this Administration's various Agricultural revolution policies.

Farmers right now enjoy Collateral free loans under an innovative Agricultural scheme.

Take advantage and better yourself

More details coming.

PMB SAK!
Sai Baba.

Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by yungpowers(m): 8:00am On Aug 15, 2018
Butterflyle0:
#NigeriaRising

While some stay on Facebook and Nairaland and squabble, some are taking advantage and bettering their lives under this Administration's various Agricultural revolution policies.

Farmers right now enjoy Collateral free loans under an innovative Agricultural scheme.

Take advantage and better yourself

More details coming.

PMB SAK!
Sai Baba.
Can you tell us how one can go about it?
Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by Butterflyle0: 8:01am On Aug 15, 2018
yungpowers:

Can you tell us how one can go about it?

I said more details are coming sir
Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by buhariguy(m): 8:01am On Aug 15, 2018
I knew buhari can do it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by yungpowers(m): 8:11am On Aug 15, 2018
Butterflyle0:

I said more details are coming sir
Be fast with the details my friend grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by DeOTR: 8:12am On Aug 15, 2018
I'm not in support of dishing out money to party members in the name of loans.
Let the loans go to farmers that are members of Farmers cooperative soceities. That way, we can be sure it will go to the right people.
And besides, that amount I'm seeing will merely take you beyond subsistent level of farming.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by Butterflyle0: 8:23am On Aug 15, 2018
DeOTR:
I'm not in support of dishing out money to party members in the name of loans.
Let the loans go to farmers that are members of Farmers cooperative soceities. That way, we can be sure it will go to the right people.
And besides, that amount I'm seeing will merely take you beyond subsistent level of farming.

You are a joke.

Are you a psychic that gave you insight to the kind of farming the recipient wants to.embark on?

Besides you can clearly see FIRST TRANCH written there and that disbursement is being done simultaneously to over 400 other farmers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by AroleOduduwa(m): 8:33am On Aug 15, 2018
Propaganda after propaganda, continue doing your jo, wa sha jeun
Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by DeOTR: 8:35am On Aug 15, 2018
Butterflyle0:

You are a joke.

Are you a psychic that gave you insight to the kind of farming the recipient wants to.embark on?

Besides you can clearly see FIRST TRANCH written there and that disbursement is being done simultaneously to over 400 other farmers.
If the government is just disbursing loans to people without verifying if they're truly farmers or not, it's a waste of time. Elsewhere, government give agric loans to farmers through cooperative groups.
I'm a member of several farmers cooperative societies and I'm not aware of this, except of course, this is meant for core north as usual.
Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by Butterflyle0: 8:43am On Aug 15, 2018
DeOTR:

If the government is just disbursing loans to people without verifying if they're truly farmers or not, it's a waste of time. Elsewhere, government give agric loans to farmers through cooperative groups.
I'm a member of several farmers cooperative societies and I'm not aware of this, except of course, this is meant for core north as usual.

And somehow you knew this did not go through verification and not through a cooperative?

Obviously the cooperative you belong to is lazy if you Have not heard of Farmers Moni or the BOA collateral free farmers loans which happens to be NATIONWIDE
Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by ruffhandu: 9:07am On Aug 15, 2018
We know where such happens, they take the money from one place and give to people in another place. God is watching all of you.
Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by Butterflyle0: 9:21am On Aug 15, 2018
ruffhandu:
We know where such happens, they take the money from one place and give to people in another place. God is watching all of you.

Get up your lazy ass and make yourself useful rather than sitting there complaining in your imagination
Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by DeOTR: 9:28am On Aug 15, 2018
Butterflyle0:

And somehow you knew this did not go through verification and not through a cooperative?

Obviously the cooperative you belong to is lazy if you Have not heard of Farmers Moni or the BOA collateral free farmers loans which happens to be NATIONWIDE
Bank of Agriculture has been giving collateral free loans for long. It didn't start with Buhari.
Farmers Moni or Market Moni (whatever it's called) isn't going through the right channel and the amount involved is for subsistent farmers and petty traders respectively.
Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by Butterflyle0: 9:32am On Aug 15, 2018
DeOTR:

Bank of Agriculture has been giving collateral free loans for long. It didn't start with Buhari.
Farmers Moni or Market Moni (whatever it's called) isn't going through the right channel and the amount involved is for subsistent farmers and petty traders respectively.

Really?

Chief Operating Officer of GEEP, Mr. Uzoma Nwagba, said there are other products such as the ‘Farmers Moni’, which provides farmers the opportunity to access loans up to N300,000

So to you 300k is for subsistence farming right?

If 300k is for subsistence farming and you had 300k would you put it into farming just so you can fend for yourself alone?
Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by ruffhandu: 10:22am On Aug 15, 2018
Butterflyle0:

Get up your lazy ass and make yourself useful rather than sitting there complaining in your imagination
Deluded fellow. You want us to start jumping up and praising your grandfather right? Bad eggs!
Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by Butterflyle0: 10:29am On Aug 15, 2018
ruffhandu:

Deluded fellow. You want us to start jumping up and praising your grandfather right? Bad eggs!

Like your grandfather did any better for you
Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by DeOTR: 10:37am On Aug 15, 2018
Butterflyle0:

Really?

So to you 300k is for subsistence farming right?

If 300k is for subsistence farming and you had 300k would you put it into farming just so you can fend for yourself alone?
How much do you think it's enough to prepare say 5 hectares of virgin land for planting?
The idea was to attract young people into agric. That amount is not going to cut it for those starting off.
Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by Butterflyle0: 10:50am On Aug 15, 2018
DeOTR:

How much do you think it's enough to prepare say 5 hectares of virgin land for planting?
The idea was to attract young people into agric. That amount is not going to cut it for those starting off.

My brother I own a farm and that amount is even too much for those starting off. You are talking about 5 hectares of land as if everyone must begin with 5 hectares.

I know people who began with as little as 3 acres (18 plots) and grew from there.

Is 3 acres also meant for subsistence farming?
Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by cola: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2018
Butterflyle0:

My brother I own a farm and that amount is even too much for those starting off. You are talking about 5 hectares of land as if everyone must begin with 5 hectares.

I know people who began with as little as 3 acres (18 plots) and grew from there.

I admire you commitment and energy.
If I were you though, I'd leave this lot alone. If the loan credit alert had been 1m naira, this eternal cynics would still have found a reason to whine that it's too much or still too little.
sad
He wants to start from 10 hectares. Yeye.
Re: Nigeria Is Rising. Collateral Free Agricultural Loans Are Real by DeOTR: 1:47pm On Aug 15, 2018
Butterflyle0:

I knew a family in Kaltungo that owned a corn farm as big as 3 acres. They barely sell the produce.
I'm not downplaying government efforts on this. Heck, giving as little as 50k will make a big difference for many. I believe it should be a matter of policy for BOA to give collateral free loans and for interested farmers to bank with them to avoid abuse.
I'm not into food crops, so it's a different ball game.
I'll be interested when the ceiling is raised to at least, 1M

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Scorecard: All Chatham House Promises And How He's Delivered On Them / Breaking: Amaechi Worried Over Ogoni Leaders Visit To Buhari / Osun Decides: Massive Turnout In Ife For SDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.