Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

They Tol Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / They Tol Me (229 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

They Tol Me by lalaponcus(m): 7:58am On Aug 15, 2018
THEY TOL ME

Eze-ego, that crown Prince from Ndokwa land, tol me never to underestimate the power of the spiritual.
For the physical reality may sometimes work to shut down belief in upheavals instigated by the spirit.

Semper, a forgotten Prince of a village in Ekiti, taught me never to underestimate the power of friendships.
For the chase of the dollar may sometimes delude people to esteem the hollow value of solitude and passive 'I will not call first' mindset.

Martha, that crazy Itsekiri Princess, taught me to always come out from the shades.
For the wolves of death and hyenas of depression would continue to hunt those who hide in the shades of habit.

John, that funny president from Orile-Owu, taught me never to be puffed up like the adder.
For pride ejaculates poisonous spermatozoa which race on to corrupt nearby fertile eggs, with inferiority complex being the bastard offspring that emerges.

Khalilat, that primary friend from Erin-ile, tol me never to settle for less while we sat in 5A during break time.
For the road ahead would be tough since Funmi, David, Doyin and Emmanuel were fellow contestants of the 'top dawg' within the two classes.

Nnamdi, that architect from the clan of desert warriors, taught me never to restrict myself.
For the art of networking on a local level alone, places restrictions on the global reach of God's purpose for everyone.

'Adun bi oyin', my charming amazon who came to save a man in distress, teaches me never to disbelieve in the gift.
For no one can afford to play hooky with time and purpose by always disbelieving in their abilities.

Olu, the fresh prince from Awo Hall, taught me noble art of giving.
For there are no awards for those who hoard the keys to the doors of opportunities and no laurels for those love to bring in fishes without teaching how to fish.

Funmilayo, the crazy fitness guru forged in the jungles of Omuaran, taught me the need for dogged persistence.
For the pizza called 'change' would only remain in the store of dreams until you dial the I-WILL-NOT-GIVE-UP number which is definitely not toll free as it bills the coins of pain and faith from the caller's account.

Many more tol me stuff that I will never forget.
Stuff I will tell you in the days to come.
#Isaiah50:4
#Bashorun

Okontas.com

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/08/18 / You Are All Invited / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.