Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Why You Need To Write Books - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Need To Write Books (192 Views)

How To Write A Good Essay In Waec / Akwa Ibom Primary School Pupils Squeeze & Lie On The Floor To Write Exams (pics) / See Reasons Why It Is Important To Write Both WAEC And NECO Examination Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Need To Write Books by AjalaJ(m): 9:09am On Aug 15, 2018
But there are many reasons to write a book:

A legacy for your descendants. I would love if I could read a book written by my great-great-great grandfather describing what his life was like. What’s the audience for that book? Just his descendants. But that’s a decent reason.

Getting to talk about something you are passionate about.

Often people write a book to get speaking or consulting opportunities that are very lucrative. If a company is trying to decide between consultant A and consultant B, they will pick the person who has written a book. I know this to be true.

Practice. Many people write several books before they manage to produce their big bestseller that changes their lives completely. Book writing is a craft and, like any craft, takes time to build the skill set.

You aren’t limited by genre. You can write a book that YOU want to write as opposed to fitting a specific marketplace.

To complement your business. A friend of mine makes a special kind of makeup and moisturizer catered to women going through menopause. So she wrote a small book about menopause that explains in detail the chemical and hormonal reactions in the body and how certain chemicals can help. This complements her product sales.

Find more reasons here: https://jamesaltucher.com/2018/08/ten-reasons-why-i-self-publish/?utm_source=email&utm_source=email&utm_medium=website-link&utm_term=08082018&utm_content=&utm_campaign=ten-reasons-self-publish&r=ATC

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: Itu Global
Re: Why You Need To Write Books by ituglobal(m): 6:10am On Aug 16, 2018
Youths don't bother. They want to post on Facebook and watch season movies.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make 50k Monthly Dropshipping / You Can Now Check UNIPORT Pre-degree To Degree Admission List For 2018/2019 / Get Your Mini Importation Package ,now + List Of Hot Selling Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.