Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section (17412 Views)

US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely / Thousands To Miss Visa Appointments As US Embassy Closes Indefinitely / Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by eleko1: 10:44am On Aug 15, 2018
sad
Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by Daboomb: 10:52am On Aug 15, 2018
post=70293245:
A notice by the U.S. embassy on Tuesday said until further notice.

We will be waiting patiently for the reopening.
They surely have a genuine reason for the closure.

You dont work at the embassy, the embassy has not given any reason whatsoever, ....Yet you can tell that they have a reason and it is SURELY GENUINE?

You see what slave mentality does to the brain of a black person like you!
"SURELY" is for things you have very precise knowledge about, you hear
undecided

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by Lilimax(f): 10:53am On Aug 15, 2018
infinitethrust:
It seems something is about to happen. Those Americans there is no smoke without fire. They have strong intel on something.
Seems they've some intelligent report on an issue! shocked shocked
Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by one4GOD(f): 10:56am On Aug 15, 2018
Sunofgod:
They for close the Lagos office..
why, abi u live in Abj ni?
Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:57am On Aug 15, 2018
Daboomb u don hit my car ; Oyibo repete.
Sorry o Mr lecturer !
Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by peacengine(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2018
Zigdore:
Pls they should close even in Lagos and go. US Embassy have being secretly scamming Nigerians of visa fees which they know they won't Issue them.

Bro, did they force you to apply?
Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by leocollins(m): 11:11am On Aug 15, 2018
adeowo84:

Bmc-borrow me credit I no get at all....

effect of surulere weed...
Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by gcof(m): 11:29am On Aug 15, 2018
MartinCorridon:
The more difficult it is to emigrate...the better for us all.

Let people go abroad get quality education and be sent back to develop their home countries (UK especially)

Let us all tackle our problems from within
lol do not be deceived with that go back and develop your country story. Go and ask foreign trained doctors how difficult it is to get a placement for common internship

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by meresse: 11:40am On Aug 15, 2018
I knew it, that they will close abuja consular, 1 . The country is not safe . 2. They have understood that nigerians are aware that they dont need us in their country , they feel that people may rivot because of the scam, sine they ll collect your visa fee WIthout issuing visa,3. In lagos out of 100 usa visa applicantssapplicants in day they will issue only one. They should better close lagos too till further notice.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by Aliyuminna(m): 11:44am On Aug 15, 2018
Punishment for wanting to dumb the dollar for Chinese money
Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by Ugosample(m): 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2018
millionboi:
I pity dos ones that can't feel comfortable at home.

fell comfortable like how?
Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by Ugosample(m): 12:18pm On Aug 15, 2018
MartinCorridon:
The more difficult it is to emigrate...the better for us all.

Let people go abroad get quality education and be sent back to develop their home countries (UK especially)

Let us all tackle our problems from within

with millions supporting that nicompoop Buhari for second term, you really think Nigeria will.get better? ?

Abeg I don't want my kids to ever shout "up nepa" in their lives

And Canada /Australia is using tricks to fish our the best brains from here via FSW

Same with other countries

Even Germany is now offering automatic residency after studies; D

With all the best brains leaving (which are not even many)

Is it not fools like OshiomOLE that is left in Nigeria?

forget mayysr abeg grin grin

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by Kennyfancy(m): 12:49pm On Aug 15, 2018
infinitethrust:
It seems something is about to happen. Those Americans there is no smoke without fire. They have strong intel on something.
is like something is about to strike Abuja,, bros I feel so

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by divinevie(m): 12:58pm On Aug 15, 2018
something is bout to go wrong.......
Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
loool the earlier Nigerians woke up to that fact...

There is nothing in America, sit here and build your hustle!!!

Dont quote me unnecessarily please, the sun is mighty hot cheesy
Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2018
DEGABA:
Toying with Nigerians as if America is heaven.nonsense.
The thing pain
Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by Litmus: 4:44pm On Aug 15, 2018
'Hey, Spence, where's that bitch Omarosa from?' , Trump.
'Why, America, sir, Ohio', Spence.
'Omarosa ain American sounding as apple pie', Trump.
'Neither is Kanye West, sir, it then don't mean he is from Western Kenya', Spence.
'Da hell, you being funny?Where did I say, Omarosa is from Oman?'.
'Sorry sir, didn't mean to get ahead of myself. Ah was distracted by events in heaven', Spence.
'Ya better stop far-seeing, Spence, n consentrate on events right here at home. Now, Omurusa's got Nigeria connection. Ah want some sort of action against Nigeria, however punitive, ya hear me?!', Trump.
'Sir, ah do. Will do!' , Spence

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by 3rdeye1(m): 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
It is more than running away from Nigeria for some of us.. I am coming for the interview from Dubai with my family .. I purchased a non refundable ticket for us. Should I have listened to my friend that advised I apply from dubai? This is sad indeed o
Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by franby: 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2018
It could be something similar to this�

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/us-government-shutdown-looms-what-you-need-to-know

Therefore, there shouldn't be need for unnecessary uproar in the country

mekaboy:
“Scheduled visa and ACS applicants for Abuja will be contacted for rescheduling.”

The United State’s Embassy has temporarily closed its consular section in Nigeria’s capital city, Abuja.

A notice by the U.S. embassy on Tuesday said until further notice, all consular appointments at the U.S. Embassy in Abuja have temporarily ceased for both visa and for American Citizen Services.

It added, however, that consular functions in U.S. Consulate Lagos are not affected and will continue.

“Scheduled visa and ACS applicants for Abuja will be contacted for rescheduling,” the notice said.

“American citizens in northern Nigeria with emergency services needs should continue to contact the after-hours emergency number for Abuja at 09461-4000 and press “0” to go to the operator to request assistance.

“American citizens in northern Nigeria with urgent travel needs who are travelling before Tuesday and who are willing to re-schedule their travel through Lagos should contact the ACS office at Consulate Lagos ( 01460 3400 and LagosACS@state.gov ) to discuss their options.”

The notice explained further that those travelling after Tuesday should follow up with Abuja ACS to confirm their appointments closer to their appointment date.

For details of the consulate operations, the notice directed affected people to monitor the Facebook and Webpage of the U.S. Embassy for a later announcement of resumed consular operations in Abuja.

The consulate office in Lagos is located in Victoria Island.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/travels/280151-u-s-embassy-closes-abuja-consular-section.html
Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by cocolacec(m): 5:13am On Aug 16, 2018
Sunofgod:
They for close the Lagos office..

Lagos office is a money spinner
Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by daudugod(m): 11:35pm On Aug 18, 2018
Please someone help me out, I just stumbled across this thread now, my family(family of 5), our US Visa expired yesterday(17th August, 2018) and we intend renewing, please what are the steps to this, is it still possible for us to receive an interview waiver(if yes) does that mean each of us has to fill the DS-160 form again and Schedule appointment, I would need a step by step on what to do thanks in anticipation
Re: U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section by Zigdore: 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2018
peacengine:

Bro, did they force you to apply?

I did not apply but they are fraudulent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Tankers Collide, Explode In Niger State, Six Killed / Omicron Variant: Canada Adds Nigeria, Egypt, Malawi To Travel Ban List / Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.