Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Do Your Actions Reflect Your Values? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do Your Actions Reflect Your Values? (259 Views)

Rising COVID-19 Cases: FG Plans Tough Actions, NESG, LCCI Fear Fresh Lockdown / NARD Nationwide Strike: FG Threatens Actions Against NARD / Hypertension: Are Your Values Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Your Actions Reflect Your Values? by VirtueDigest: 10:06am On Aug 15, 2018
Q: BETWEEN MY JOB, MY CHILDREN, MY SPOUSE,EXERCISE AND MY LOVE OF TRAVEL, I SOMETIMES FEEL LIKE I HAVE TROUBLE IDENTIFYING WHAT COMES FIRST. HOW CAN I BETTER PRIORITIZE?
A: First ask yourself whether your inner world is in line with your outer world. People often set goals for what they want in life, but their daily and weekly activities don’t reflect their values. Think of the people who say they put family first, yet work so much they don’t have time to spend with their loved ones. These people miss baseball games, are no-shows at dance recitals, and miss dinner because they’re constantly at the office. The stress continuously builds up because there’s a gap between what they want and what they do.

We’ve all been there. I got into some financial difficulties halfway through my career, and for several years I feared I would lose everything I had earned. When I was in the deepest part of the struggle, I had a heartfelt talk with myself and evaluated where I was. I picked up a pencil and a pad of paper and wrote down my assets, which were good health, freedom, family, friendships, reputation, relationships, wisdom, strong work ethic, success, integrity, being a mentor, being a leader and enjoying lots of love—the list went on and on. In fact, the only thing I could not put on the list was money... Read more at https://www.virtuedigest.com/do-your-actions-reflect-your-values/

(1) (Reply)

What Is Heel Spurs And Ways To Treat Them! / Reasons Why It Is Okay To Get Wet In The Rains / 5 Possible Signs Of Renal Cancer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.