Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant (19068 Views)

Rivers Assembly: Ehie Edison Declares The Seats Of 25 Defected Members Vacant / Ebonyi Assembly Declares Seats Of Three PDP Members' Seats Vacant / KOGI Speaker Declares Lawmakers Seat Vacant For Joining SDP (with Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by naptu2: 11:13am On Aug 15, 2018
Breaking

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by loverboys: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2018
Ok
Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by naptu2: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2018

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by naptu2: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2018
The former deputy speaker left the APC and decamped to the PDP. He also resigned his position as deputy speaker. His seat has now been declared vacant.

Kaduna Deputy Speaker Resigns

By John Shiklam in Kaduna

The Deputy Speaker of Kaduna State House of Assembly, Hon. John Audu Kwaturu, has resigned his position.

Kwaturu who defected from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) last week, tendered his resignation letter as the Deputy Speaker to the Speaker of the House on Tuesday in Kaduna.

“I hereby tender my letter of resignation as the Deputy Speaker of Kaduna State House of Assembly. I appreciate the opportunity given me to serve in that capacity. Thanks,” Kwataru said in the one paragraph letter.

Giving reasons for defecting from the APC last week, the lawmaker had cited impunity and lack of internal democracy in the party.

“I came to realise that most of the party supporters have left due to impunity and division in the local government and the state level of the party.

“After due consultations with stakeholders in my constituency, we decided that the APC is no longer a platform that can promote our aspirations” Kwataru said, after withdrawing from the party in his Kwataru ward, Kachia Local Government Area.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/08/14/kaduna-deputy-speaker-resigns/amp/

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by ayatt(m): 11:17am On Aug 15, 2018
sad
Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by orjikuramo(m): 11:17am On Aug 15, 2018
Okay, I really don't know what to say here as 9ja judiciary sef does confuse me.

In a similar case, they ruled to the effect that people vote based on party (I think amaechi's case) while another judgement said people vote based on individuals.

Well, this country is not my home...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by Brymo: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2018
It is a well known fact that reality has liberal bias.
Stephen Colbert
Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2018
Ok....news from the terrorist axis.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by Eliteklaus(m): 11:17am On Aug 15, 2018
El Rufai Don start again?

9 Likes

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:18am On Aug 15, 2018
New day.
New gist.
New debate.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by Shukuakukobambi: 11:18am On Aug 15, 2018
That means Akpabio and Saraki too must have their seats declared vacant!! cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by tstx(m): 11:18am On Aug 15, 2018
War Looming

5 Likes

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by naijapips04: 11:18am On Aug 15, 2018
APC and irregularities. They will surely be the biggest loser in this.

There are factional APC offices everywhere in the country. And there's R-APC.

Oya saraki declare akpa something's seat vacant. grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by Jac007(m): 11:18am On Aug 15, 2018
See English
Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by buhariguy(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2018
Thief saraki should learn from these patriotic speaker who follows the constitution to the letter.
Thief saraki should declare his seat and others vacant and handover to the next in command, which is thief ekwerumadu.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by hotplate: 11:19am On Aug 15, 2018
I weep for our democracy! were is the freedom of association as it is been said?

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by 2019elections: 11:19am On Aug 15, 2018
Nigeria and everyday drama.

Everything there na action film.

Watching from Malawi
Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by naptu2: 11:19am On Aug 15, 2018

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by Femirine(m): 11:20am On Aug 15, 2018
Oga oh
Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by MrPeterson(m): 11:21am On Aug 15, 2018
Testing testing
Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by Mynd44: 11:21am On Aug 15, 2018
naijapips04:
APC and irregularities. They will surely be the biggest loser in this.

There are factional APC offices everywhere in the country. And there's R-APC.

Oya saraki declare akpa something's seat vacant. grin
R-APC Is not a faction. It is a group within the APC.

Factions have parallel excos and a headquarters

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by IPOBrep: 11:21am On Aug 15, 2018
APC will lose in this dirty politics its playing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by zicoraads: 11:22am On Aug 15, 2018
Foolishness in low places. It will not stand.

Tambuwal set a precedent. And that pattern must be followed.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by ruffhandu: 11:22am On Aug 15, 2018
El-Rufai at work

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by naijapips04: 11:25am On Aug 15, 2018
Mynd44:

R-APC Is not a faction. It is a group within the APC.

Factions have parallel excos and a headquarters

And the new pdp was what? Why weren't seats declared empty in 2014?

And trust me, There are dozen of APc factions everywhere you look with excos and stuff...from imo to rivers to delta.

Can u point to just one PDP faction in any state?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by duality(m): 11:25am On Aug 15, 2018
El Rufai. Did it not the speaker

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:26am On Aug 15, 2018
The drama never stop grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids / Videos From The Launch Of The Lagos-ibadan Rail Network / Can't Wait Until Nigeria Is Split Up !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.