Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Man Allegedly Murders Ailing Brother Over Rising Medical Bills - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Allegedly Murders Ailing Brother Over Rising Medical Bills (402 Views)

Lady Blasts Randle Hospital Nurse Who Refused To Attend To Her Ailing Daughter / Man Kills His Only Brother Over N100,000 Debt / 28yr-old Man Kills Younger Brother Over Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Allegedly Murders Ailing Brother Over Rising Medical Bills by damiloladuke: 1:31pm On Aug 15, 2018
A man identified as Raphael Izuchukwu, has been arrested by the Enugu State Police Command over the killing of his ailing brother Chizoba Ogbonna-Izuchukwu, 46, over rising medical bills.

The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Ebere Amaraizu, said in Enugu on Wednesday that the incident happened on August 3, Punch Metro reports.

Amaraizu said that preliminary investigation showed that the suspect confessed to killing his brother and burying him in the early hours of August 3.

He said that the suspect claimed that the deceased had been sick for long and there was no money to continue bearing the cost of his brother’s treatment.

The spokesman said the police arrested the suspect following a tip-off.

“The sleepy and calm community of Ugwuagbo-Inyi in Igboeze North Local Government Area of Enugu State was thrown into mourning as the news of the killing and burying of a brother by another brother was released to the members of the public.

“It was gathered that one Raphael Izuchukwu from Ugwuagbo-Inyi community had, on that fateful day, killed his elder brother identified as one Chizoba Ogbonna-Izuchukwu and went ahead to bury him.

“Full-scale investigations have commenced as the suspect is now helping the police in their investigations,’’ he said.

https://lailasnews.com/man-allegedly-murders-ailing-brother-over-rising-medical-bills/

lalasticlala

Re: Man Allegedly Murders Ailing Brother Over Rising Medical Bills by hero01(m): 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2018
vry bad.
Re: Man Allegedly Murders Ailing Brother Over Rising Medical Bills by derrydinny: 6:17pm On Aug 15, 2018
blodas from the yEast have done it again
Re: Man Allegedly Murders Ailing Brother Over Rising Medical Bills by Bluezy13(m): 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hmmm...

Only heaven knows perhaps the misery the young brother must have been subjected to, to force him kill his elder brother.
Sometimes we are tempted to think of an easy way out of a difficult situation by seeking an inhumane way out.
But it is never the best option.

1 Like

Re: Man Allegedly Murders Ailing Brother Over Rising Medical Bills by lawalosky(m): 6:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
shocked
Re: Man Allegedly Murders Ailing Brother Over Rising Medical Bills by SarakiBukola: 7:05pm On Aug 15, 2018
Izuchukwu....yet another flatteeno gone too soon...

On a serious note, i recently saw a family who had practically exhausted all their savings on a bedridden woman who had festering bed sores and was just gulping money.

It was terrible because at a point, i knew was actively praying for the woman to die....

Terrible situation to find one's self
Re: Man Allegedly Murders Ailing Brother Over Rising Medical Bills by emmykey0128(m): 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2018
I don't know why my mind keeps telling me that, they both agreed on it because they don't have money and the brother can't bear the pain anymore and he get tired of watching his brother in pain anymore, how I wish the dead could talk

(1) (Reply)

Married Pastor Impregnates Member After Getting Private Jet As Birthday Gift / Mayhem In Anambra As Madman Kills Herbalist Over Goat / Riot In Epe After Man Killed At APC Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.