Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Want To Return To Nigeria From US. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Want To Return To Nigeria From US. (363 Views)

Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds / UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level / COVID-19: Students In Wuhan, China Return To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Return To Nigeria From US. by YoungNG9x: 3:42pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hello Nairalanders!

I have to return to Nigeria because of financial difficulties to finish my university education. I have only one year left but I'm not sure how the transfer process works.

The schools I'm interested in are: Unilag, University of Nigeria Nsukka, Lasu, University of Ibadan, OAU.

Would I be able to transfer my classes or will I have to start from the beginning? What steps should I take?

Thank you!
Re: Want To Return To Nigeria From US. by Abjay97(m): 3:43pm On Aug 15, 2018
Dont you dare comeback..

1 Like

Re: Want To Return To Nigeria From US. by YoungNG9x: 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2018
I wanted to finish there but I don't have a choice at this point. grin

Abjay97:
Dont you dare comeback..
Re: Want To Return To Nigeria From US. by Nbote(m): 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
U can't find a job there? WTF!!!

1 Like

Re: Want To Return To Nigeria From US. by Abjay97(m): 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
YoungNG9x:
I wanted to finish there but I don't have a choice at this point. grin

Have you thought about getting a job

1 Like

Re: Want To Return To Nigeria From US. by YoungNG9x: 4:06pm On Aug 15, 2018
I have thought of getting a job but I still will not be able to meet all my expenses
Re: Want To Return To Nigeria From US. by YorubaAssasin: 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2018
My guy, NEVER listen to any of these novices dishing out advices like they're in your shoes...

First, have you tried applying for work authorization so you can work off-campus and ~40-hrs weekly? The On-Campus ~20-hrs weekly can't do you sh!t. You really don't have to go home to 9ja. Try moving around and shine ur eyes, abeg!

Secondly, if you have a SSN, they work Off-Campus my guy... Go find some random factory or Group-home (Nursing Assistant) job.

Trust me, experience is the best teacher! wink cool

I wish you the best of luck! God be with you!
Re: Want To Return To Nigeria From US. by bizmania(m): 7:13pm On Aug 15, 2018
YoungNG9x:
Hello Nairalanders!

I have to return to Nigeria because of financial difficulties to finish my university education. I have only one year left but I'm not sure how the transfer process works.

The schools I'm interested in are: Unilag, University of Nigeria Nsukka, Lasu, University of Ibadan, OAU.

Would I be able to transfer my classes or will I have to start from the beginning? What steps should I take?

Thank you!

This is sad. Check these scenarios :

1. Transfer between two departments in the same faculty is palava.
2. Inter faculty transfer within the same university is wahala.
3. Transfer from a university to another university within Nigeria is near impossible.
4. Now, you want to transfer from a university in obodo oyibo to a university in Nigeria. Just be ready to die.

If you must return to Nigeria, start preparing for jamb, bro. Also prepare for post utme o.

My honest advice: if you can still meet up with accommodation and feeding, just defer your admission over there, hustle hard and finish up, then you can come home to look for multinationals. If not, don't bother increasing your bp level with this transfer talk. just come home and buy jamb form

(1) (Reply)

ASUU LAUTECH Protests Non Payment Of Salaries In Osogbo And Ibadan / Unizik Cut-off Marks>>>registration, Deparments, Faculties, / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.