Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

"Miracle" Ex-serie A Goalkeeper Survives After His Car Fell 148ft Off The Bridge - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Miracle" Ex-serie A Goalkeeper Survives After His Car Fell 148ft Off The Bridge (1054 Views)

Chiamaka Nnadozie: A Goalkeeper Par Excellence / Nigerian Footballer Akeem Omolade Found Dead In His Car In Italy (Photos) / Christian Obodo Crashes His Car In Accident (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Miracle" Ex-serie A Goalkeeper Survives After His Car Fell 148ft Off The Bridge by KEPAH: 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
Naijgossip reported earlier how chaos filled the city of Genoa as Morandi bridge collapsed. Report now has it that former Serie A goalkeeper Davide Capello was part of the survivors of the bridge collapse.

With rescuers having little hope of finding more survivors underneath the Morandi bridge, where almost 40 vehicles fell 45m (148ft) in Tuesday's collapse. Davide Capello is one of the lucky ones at the bridge collapse incident.

Davide Capello, 33, a former goalkeeper for Serie A side Cagliari who his car fell 30m in the collapse but came to rest in a pocket between the columns but survived shared a compelling testimony after he was rescued from the bridge collapse.

"I was able to get out... I don't know how my car wasn't crushed. It seemed like a scene from a film, it was the apocalypse," he said.

Davide Ugo Capello was born in Nuoro, Sardinia. He started his career at Sardinian side Cagliari. During the 2002–03 season, due to the suspension of Armando Pantanelli, he played as Paolo Mancini's backup on 26 January 2003 against Venezia. He won promotion to Serie A as Serie B Runner-up in 2004. He was the third keeper behind Gennaro Iezzo and Fanis Katergiannakis in 2004–05 Serie A season.

https://www.naijgossp.com/2018/08/bridge-collapse-grief-and-anger-over.html

Re: "Miracle" Ex-serie A Goalkeeper Survives After His Car Fell 148ft Off The Bridge by frankzone: 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
Amazing
Re: "Miracle" Ex-serie A Goalkeeper Survives After His Car Fell 148ft Off The Bridge by KEPAH: 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2018
frankzone:
Amazing
This picture was even after rescue, if you check through the above news link, you will see the video of the collapsed bridge and the dangling car.

(1) (Reply)

I Lost 50k To Sport Betting / Chelsea Complete Shevchenko Deal / World Cup Squads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.