Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Edwin Clark: I Have A Duty To Stand By Saraki…he’s Like A Son - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edwin Clark: I Have A Duty To Stand By Saraki…he’s Like A Son (365 Views)

Okowa To Clark: I Don't Own A Bank, Didn't Fund Atiku Campaign With N150bn / Lekki Shootings: ‘We Stand By Our Report’, CNN Reacts To FG's Sanction Threat / Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Edwin Clark: I Have A Duty To Stand By Saraki…he’s Like A Son by themomentng: 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2018
Edwin Clark, Niger Delta leader and convener of Pan-Niger Delta Forum, says he stands by Senate President Bukola Saraki in his “current travails”.

Clark said this while reacting to reports that he wrote a letter of condemnation to Saraki.

He said the letter in circulation was the altered version of the one he wrote to the senate president in 2013.

Clark explained that what he wrote in the past was because of a misunderstanding between Saraki and his father.

“My attention has been drawn to a letter (albeit altered) currently being circulated in the social media, with the intent to misinform and mislead the reading public,” he said in a statement.

“The said letter which I wrote over five years ago was written out of despair and anger at the time to reach Saraki, who was then the governor of Kwara state, in order to mediate in a misunderstanding between my very close friend, his father, late Dr. Olusola Saraki, his daughter, Senator Gbemi Saraki on one side, and his son, Dr. Bukola Saraki himself.

“The circumstances that led to my writing the letter had been settled long ago. Today, Bukola Saraki is my son with whom I enjoy a good relationship.

“It is, therefore, surprising that the letter written over five years ago was altered in the said social media publication to suit the whims and caprices of the authors.

“Let me reinstate that the late Dr Olusola Saraki, father of the senate president, Dr Bukola Saraki, was my very good friend and colleague, in the senate of the second republic, where he was senate leader.

“Thereafter, both of us were leaders of our respective geopolitical zones. While he was leader of the northern union (NU), I was leader of the south-south peoples assembly (SSPA).

“Today, I have a duty to stand by my son, Dr. Bukola Saraki and also defend him from any act of persecution aimed at destroying his illustrious political career and his father’s rich legacy.”

Re: Edwin Clark: I Have A Duty To Stand By Saraki…he’s Like A Son by Ever8054: 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2018
that was how you fatherd Good luck and deceived him .....after he lost the seat you started talking nonsense about him...you this old man go and seat down you won't listen .....is

Re: Edwin Clark: I Have A Duty To Stand By Saraki…he’s Like A Son by Henryjay2014: 5:33pm On Aug 15, 2018
God bless u sir
We will stand against impunity and unlawfulness in nigeria

(1) (Reply)

DSS Appoints New Spokesperson / PHOTOS: Thanksgiving Of APC Christian Prayer/Contact C'ttee At Govt House Binin / Plateau State Governor Found On The Street Patronizing A Street Hawker PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.