Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,502 members, 7,812,553 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Hey - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Hey (726 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hey by Ozibe: 6:50pm On Aug 15, 2018
Glory be to God
Re: Hey by Ozibe: 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2018
Mod please help me push this to Fp. Many people are having this same challenge and advise from here will go a long way in helping to make better decisions
Re: Hey by LuciferKristi: 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2018
Ozibe:
Mod please help me push this to Fp. Many people are having this same challenge and advise from here will go a long way in helping to make better decisions

All you need to do is to be Born Again.

Once you're Born Again, your age starts counting at 12 & you can re-apply.

You're welcome.
Re: Hey by GentlePEACE: 7:44pm On Aug 16, 2018
Ozibe:
Does Nysc certificate give one any special advantage over one who has an exemption letter.

Please nairalanders especially employers. I need you sincere advise. I just graduated from uni after a long struggle with my education. I use to be in a federal uni and was just entering my second year, before my late dad withdrew me and took me to a private school after a long session of strike at the federal uni. Again after my 2nd year about to enter my 300 level, I lost my dad and my mum isnt as financially buoyant like my late dad. My dad did everything for us. So I had to withdraw cos my mum can't afford my school fees and my extended family (uncles and aunties) aren't financially strong. In fact they all depended on my dad. He was funding all their children's education too..

So again, I had to withdraw, did a few jobs here and there to raise funds, rewrote jamb, got admission again into another federal uni, this time to study a 5yrs course. So now, I am done but I have a challenge and I need your advice because it will help me in choosing the right decision, moving forward

Now this is it. I was born in 1987 and by age, I will be 31 by October and I entered my last uni in 2011 for a 5yrs course which was to end 2016. The uni had strikes from ASU to NASU to school close down after student protested school fee increment hence, we eventually finish late last year 2017 and my department is just being mobilized. Some departments from my set went with batch A.

So now, I just finished my registration and I was told my exemption letter is being processed and deep down inside me, I really want to go for NYSC, for the cert and experience. If my school had a smooth academic session and we finished at the right year, I would still be 29 and eligible. I don't know what to do. I fear that without an NySC cert, my chances of securing a decent job may be limited. Though I have discussed it with some close friends and some advice that I should ignore Nysc and go with my LoE that NYsc has lost its relevance and that with my LoE, I can still secure a good job, while some are advising I should buy a weac verification pin to re open my portal to reduce my age, so that I can go. Please your elderly advice and wisdom is needed here because NYSC registrattion ends this week. I am confused.

my brother, just trust in God. You will get a good job with the excemption letter. My advice is for you to learn a skill and work for yourself on fiverr, while waiting for that juicy job.

(1) (Reply)

Fashion Design School In Osogbo ( Physical And Online Class) / Date For Next NYSC Registration 2021 / Nysc Batch B Posted To Nasarawa Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.