Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS (23065 Views)

Alex Otti's LP Supporters Keep Vigil At INEC Collation Center At Obingwa L.G.A / Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets / PDP Youths Keep Vigil At INEC Collation Center In Kano Until Result Is Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:16am On Aug 16, 2018
Corrinthians:
They know Oshiobaba isn't Oyegun. No one takes a chance with such shrewd veteran at the head.

I hope they get some security allowance in the end for securing the premises of NASS. grin
Yeeeeeeeepaaaaa cheesy wink.
U no go kill peple with laff dis morning o grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by SoaringLife01: 8:17am On Aug 16, 2018
Saraki must GO!.
He should do the needful by resigning.
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by SirChime(m): 8:25am On Aug 16, 2018
Yomboy4ever:

Who is mad already among the two people, one sleeping at home without any form of fear, while the other do vigilante together with gate man and law making.. Abeg who dey run mad in honest truth?
Keep consoling your poor reasoning . The mad man you thought sleeping can hardly close his eyes at the moment. Keep the vigil and give the devils no chance.
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by codedguy1(m): 8:28am On Aug 16, 2018
blackpanda:

We are saying the same thing. If u are sure APC doesn't have the numbers then let saraki reconvene and let's test it. What u are unaware of is that the Senate rules says 2/3 majority of members present. Not 2/3 majority of the entire house. There will never be a time wen all members are present as many of them are on different assignments nationwide. So get schooled and stop commenting in ignorance.

You APC apologist always try to change the narrative or add something to justify the illegality you want to do. Very sickening.

The constitution said 2/3 majority of the members, there was nothing like PRESENT there.

Some of you said that it means 2/3 of a quorum can impeach the sp which is also wrong because the constitution never mentioned quorum also.

It said 2/3 majority of the members, if we go by this it then means even 2/3 of just 10members can even impeach the sp which we all know cannot hold water morally and in the court of law.

APC should go and look for 73 senators to impeach saraki if they can.

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by daolad: 8:29am On Aug 16, 2018
[quote author=madridguy post=70317909]PDP is now vigilante group or what? I wonder oooooopp
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by Obierika(m): 8:45am On Aug 16, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:
And my stupid inlaws are asking me to born another CHILD?

No, I will not add one more half animal to the human race.

Something is inherently WRONG with black people.

More than half of the 180m people cannot eat .....yet this is what legislators are busy doing?

Lawd!
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
Well done guys.let's see oshiomhole will smuggle in senators to Carry out his imaginary impeachment
p

who is now having sleepness nights,,,no more dss to stage scripted drama ,7am grin when bruce tweet last
For how long will they keep nass on hold,,senators turn vigilantes grin shameless politicians
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by vertueptime: 8:50am On Aug 16, 2018
post=70317781:
The Guilty are afraid.
No peace for the wicked! cheesy wink
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

SARAKI IS GONE!
Analyzing his body language for the past few days, We see a man who is giving life a final push for survival.
Akpabio's decamping is one of the strongest blows that have destroyed the foundation he has been standing on.
Akpabio is very rich, and he is a political principality that no A list politician has summoned the courage to criticize or mock his defection.
Every senator is negotiating for 2019, there is a limit they can follow Saraki. They won't follow Saraki at the expense of their 2019 interests.
He doesn't trust the Senators in his camp again, he is now running from Minna to Abeokuta, this move is a move of desperation and drowning man. If he is in charge, he won't make such moves within days.

Dogara is finding it difficult to decamp, because it is near impossibility for him to fly PDP in Bauchi and win his constituency, with the current sentiments on ground.
You would be surprised that many PDP Senators are negotiating with APC in secrets.
Saraki doesn't have the support of the power that be, his camp has been compromised by their 2019 selfish interests.
The INEC budget is putting him under pressure to reconvene, if not his foes are fast convincing Nigerians that he is the one on their way of progress.
With what happened to DG DSS, nobody in government would want to associate with him in secret again, he has lost a big grip.
He has lost every negotiating tool for soft landing. With or without him, the power that be can hijack the clerk to reconvene using INEC budget passage as excuse, to flush him out.
We see the end of Saraki, not just at the Senate, but also in Kwara.
He is really in a tight corner!

For the other ones, they are nothing but BUNCH of losers.
Sai Baba.
Sai Buhari.
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT.

(Someone says Oshiomole has turned some people's parents into GATE MEN! grin cheesy
Hahahaha cheesy grin, we can't stop laughing o!

Corrinthians why nah?! grin cheesy)

Sai saraki , the acting NO 2 citizen
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 16, 2018
Nigeria should be sold to Jeff Bezos, so I can collect my share of the money.
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by Algaddaf: 9:22am On Aug 16, 2018
*Another interesting dimension to the leadership question in the Senate.*

The constitution says the Senate has the power to promulgate rules for their administration and organisation, which they have since promulgated, and now operate as the Senate rules which consequently, when passed, form part of the constitution by inference...

Those Senate rules state that, to become a Senate President, you have to belong to the party in the majority in the Senate, and they have applied this rule since 1999...

Therefore, all the lawyers, with due respect, who have been talking about impeachment, have been off tangent, as the issue isn't about impeachment, which is generally about the Senate President's conduct after his election, whilst the current issue ought to be about eligibility, which is vested in the majority party, and should be self regulatory amongst honourable men, which I am afraid Nigerian politicians seem not to be...

Remember Saraki was elected Senate President with perhaps only 6/7 APC senators present, while PDP caucus were fully seated, and yet in spite of their majority on the day, the PDP didn't and couldn't have selected one of themselves to stand against Saraki, which would have been rather easy but which wouldn't have been supported by the Senate standing rules...

Recall also that parliamentary jurisdictions use this simple rule to determine heads of their governments, and it's simply a measure of knowing by simply counting which party has more seats internally, and the convention is obeyed without resort to any unnecessary impeachment or court process...

Remember that Saraki took this plunge of defecting to the opposition, thinking he had 30 senators decamping with him, but the numbers had been drastically reduced by the damage control of the Oshiomole leadership of the APC. So now that it appears that he didn't get the numbers required this time, he is no longer being smart but disingenuous and devious, because If indeed Saraki's party is in the minority, he is not eligible for the position...

This has nothing to do with impeachment, and all the lawyers who have opined on this seem all to miss the point!!!

If, indeed, the PDP is the minority party, then Saraki cannot by any law or reason continue to hold office as Senate President, as he would not be eligible for the position thereby ...

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by Sunmolar(m): 9:30am On Aug 16, 2018
they can't defend the electorate who's money they're enjoying, but they can defend Saraki by shifting their bedroom s to the national assembly. the earlier those supporting these criminals comes out of their cage and imprisonment of their sense of reasoning the better.

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by blackpanda: 9:32am On Aug 16, 2018
codedguy1:

You APC apologist always try to change the narrative or add something to justify the illegality you want to do. Very sickening.

The constitution said 2/3 majority of the members, there was nothing like PRESENT there.

Some of you said that it means 2/3 of a quorum can impeach the sp which is also wrong because the constitution never mentioned quorum also.

It said 2/3 majority of the members, if we go by this it then means even 2/3 of just 10members can even impeach the sp which we all know cannot hold water morally and in the court of law.

For Gods sake stop arguing stupidly. Senate procedures are not contained in the constitution. Stop displaying your ignorance in public, its shameful. Obviously u have never opened the constitution here. U just join the emptybheaded bandwagon to comment trash
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 16, 2018
codedguy1:

dear learned brother ,,where did the constitution stipulate 109 members for impeachment ,becos by facts NASS rarely convene with such numbers ,,their is no politics without reference to history or quotes from the constitution.
if 109 was not required to enthrone saraki why should 109 be a must to impeach him. lets learn

Sec. 50 (c) states that Senate President or Speaker can be removed by the “Votes of not less than two-thirds of that House”.

Meanwhile, Sec. 54 stipulates that the SENATE or HOUSE shall be ONE-THIRD of all the members. This is in respect of the constitutionally recognised quorum for the sitting of either the Senate or the House.

sec. 56 (1) states that “Except as otherwise provided by this constitution, any question proposed for decision in the Senate or House shall be determined by the required majority of the members present and voting; and the persons presiding shall cast a vote whenever necessary to avoid an equality of votes but shall not vote in any other case

in conclusion 1/3 of 109 is what is needed to form a legalize quorum in the senate for impeachment purposes only ... does apc have 1/3 of 109= YES ,,is saraki/PDP aware=YES.
saraki/ pdp next move is confrontation with apc senators, victims card

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by codedguy1(m): 9:39am On Aug 16, 2018
blackpanda:

For Gods sake stop arguing stupidly. Senate procedures are not contained in the constitution. Stop displaying your ignorance in public, its shameful. Obviously u have never opened the constitution here. U just join the emptybheaded bandwagon to comment trash

You are a retarded dingbat and a dimwit. Senate procedures are not contained in the constitution that is why APC want to develop their own procedures to impeach the sp and expect PDP to sit and watch them.

You are the one who is an ignorant gnat.
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by Blessed200016: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2018
But wait ooo if Saraki isn't afraid why not declare National Assembly opened and tackle with APC about removal.

The guy dey jittery

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by codedguy1(m): 9:48am On Aug 16, 2018
ericsmith:

dear learned brother ,,where did the constitution stipulate 109 members for impeachment ,becos by facts NASS rarely convene with such numbers ,,their is no politics without reference to history or quotes from the constitution.
if 109 was not required to enthrone saraki why should 109 be a must to impeach him. lets learn

Sec. 50 (c) states that Senate President or Speaker can be removed by the “Votes of not less than two-thirds of that House”.

Meanwhile, Sec. 54 stipulates that the SENATE or HOUSE shall be ONE-THIRD of all the members. This is in respect of the constitutionally recognised quorum for the sitting of either the Senate or the House.

sec. 56 (1) states that “Except as otherwise provided by this constitution, any question proposed for decision in the Senate or House shall be determined by the required majority of the members present and voting; and the persons presiding shall cast a vote whenever necessary to avoid an equality of votes but shall not vote in any other case

in conclusion 1/3 of 109 is what is needed to form a legalize quorum in the senate for impeachment purposes only ... does apc have 1/3 of 109= YES ,,is saraki/PDP aware=YES.
saraki/ pdp next move is confrontation with apc senators, victims card

Where did I mention that the 109 members must be present?

2/3 majority is what am talking about. 2/3 majority of what?

The person I replied tried to be clever by adding PRESENT to what he quoted an I debunked it that that ain't true and you are now trying to say it can be 2/3 of 1/3 of 109members.

Therein lies the problem, because of this illegality that the APC wants to perpetrate is why PDP is keeping vigil at the NASS.
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by semyman: 9:49am On Aug 16, 2018
Corruption murdered sleep and you shall sleep no more

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by bixton(m): 10:02am On Aug 16, 2018
Just for those who understand what is happening and why the house will not resume till september as officially announced by the senate president on the day he made them go on recess.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorum

https://m.wikihow.com/Determine-a-Quorum

https://www.boardeffect.com/blog/what-constitutes-a-quorum/
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by Moyosoreola(m): 10:08am On Aug 16, 2018
The reason why Saraki is afraid of being impeached is because of Karma...He came in through fraudulent means now he is afraid of being thrown out fraudulently...No rest for the wicked...lol

"Bukola Saraki, a former governor of Kwara State, has been elected the president of the eighth Senate.

Mr. Saraki of the All Progressives Congress, APC, defeated his party’s preferred candidate, Ahmed Lawan, to emerge the Senate president.

He was nominated by Sani Yerima and seconded by Dino Melaye.

He was elected unanimously by 57 senators present at the session.

The remaining 51 senators were at the International Conference Centre waiting for a truce meeting reportedly called by the leadership of the APC and President Muhammadu Buhari.

One senator, from Borno state, passed on shortly after he was elected.

Mr. Saraki has been sworn into office.

The election for the office of Senate Deputy President is still ongoing. Immediate past deputy, Ike Ekweremadu, is contesting against Ali Ndume from Borno State.

He is expected to win the race following a power sharing deal that had the minority but influential PDP back the new senate president, Bukola Saraki.''

karma na asshole tongue
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by Ugosample(m): 10:09am On Aug 16, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:
And my stupid inlaws are asking me to born another CHILD?

No, I will not add one more half animal to the human race.

Something is inherently WRONG with black people.

More than half of the 180m people cannot eat .....yet this is what legislators are busy doing?

yea yea

black folks dey Bleep up
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 16, 2018
codedguy1:

Where did I mention that the 109 members must be present?

2/3 majority is what am talking about. 2/3 majority of what?

The person I replied tried to be clever by adding PRESENT to what he quoted an I debunked it that that ain't true and you are now trying to say[b] it can be 2/3 of 1/3 of 109members.
[/b] i am not trying kankan ,,
the constitution says 2/3 of 1/3 of 109member can form a quorum for impeachment counter me with written facts
Therein lies the problem, because of this illegality that the APC wants to perpetrate is why PDP is keeping vigil at the NASS.

what is illegality in having quorum recognise by the constitution, i quoted the constitution for you or did you think that section 50 was my ideal or from apc constitution . just to avoid arguement was why i quoted the constitution ...yet you are still beating round the bush
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by olajizz01(m): 10:17am On Aug 16, 2018
MartinCorridon:
APC should forget about impeaching Saraki.

Buhari is paying heavily for his low IQ and clannish nepotism.

Right under your nose, your own SSS director was bought.

Tinubu warned him about Saraki from Day 1. Right under him, Saraki has been actively campaigning since 2015
I think he heeded the advise of his cabals which his wife was referring to.
but now,he and his party are paying heavily.
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by blackpanda: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2018
codedguy1:

You are a retarded dingbat and a dimwit. Senate procedures are not contained in the constitution that is why APC want to develop their own procedures to impeach the sp and expect PDP to sit and watch them.

You are the one who is an ignorant gnat.

Talking to u is like conversing with a snail. U are just to slow to grasp anything. Wallow in ur self imposed ignorance
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by codedguy1(m): 11:19am On Aug 16, 2018
ericsmith:

what is illegality in having quorum recognise by the constitution, i quoted the constitution for you or did you think that section 50 was my ideal or from apc constitution . just to avoid arguement was why i quoted the constitution ...yet you are still beating round the bush

Now its the quorum that can impeach the sp, not 2/3 of the quorum again.

Keep dancing around the forest.
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by codedguy1(m): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2018
blackpanda:

Talking to u is like conversing with a snail. U are just to slow to grasp anything. Wallow in ur self imposed ignorance

You are a miserable sod and an unrepentant zombie.
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by PHILipu1(m): 11:36am On Aug 16, 2018
Limitednow:
grin

Matters Arising

Shey you guys said 37 APC Senators can oust Senate President?

Oya impeach Saraki and PDP Senators will inturn impeach the new Senate President.

Who then wins?
And who will the executive recognize as senate president is what is important OK.

The day the federal government annouce that he has been impeach will be the end.

APC is just trying to be more Democratic than PDP.
We know how OBJ was changing them like wrappers

Saraki can even be impeach in Oshimole bed room and the federal government will withdrew all his details and ask him to go to court and he will be in court till 2023.

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 16, 2018
codedguy1:

Now its the quorum that can impeach the sp, not 2/3 of the quorum again.

Keep dancing around the forest.

ROFTL, can doctors in the house check this boy,, must be a clown,
all these arguement of 2/3 or 1/3 whatever is it not about quorum for impeachment... do you even know anything at all.
i thot you were human, just a waste of time

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by codedguy1(m): 11:49am On Aug 16, 2018
ericsmith:

ROFTL, can doctors in the house check this boy,, must be a clown,
all these arguement of 2/3 or 1/3 whatever is it not about quorum for impeachment... do you even know anything at all.
i thot you were human, just a waste of time

You are a deformed Neanderthal with spermflakes for brains.

I thought we were going to have a civil conversation, but i overestimated the zombie that you are.

Stay off my mentions.
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
codedguy1:

You are a deformed Neanderthal with spermflakes for brains.

I thought we were going to have a civil conversation, but i overestimated the zombie that you are.

Stay off my mentions.

finally ,,i knew you were no intellect, boiz like you only hawk insult ,, clowns like you can only google for insults not for knowledge.
you even called me a netherlander , grin, well i reason like the whites most times
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by ozento: 12:24pm On Aug 16, 2018
Limitednow:
grin

Matters Arising

Shey you guys said 37 APC Senators can oust Senate President?

Oya impeach Saraki and PDP Senators will inturn impeach the new Senate President.

Who then wins?
well said. u desav a cold bottle of Gulder.
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by success1smyn(m): 2:18pm On Aug 16, 2018
post=70317781:
The Guilty are afraid.
No peace for the wicked! cheesy wink
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

SARAKI IS GONE!
Analyzing his body language for the past few days, We see a man who is giving life a final push for survival.
Akpabio's decamping is one of the strongest blows that have destroyed the foundation he has been standing on.
Akpabio is very rich, and he is a political principality that no A list politician has summoned the courage to criticize or mock his defection.
Every senator is negotiating for 2019, there is a limit they can follow Saraki. They won't follow Saraki at the expense of their 2019 interests.
He doesn't trust the Senators in his camp again, he is now running from Minna to Abeokuta, this move is a move of desperation and drowning man. If he is in charge, he won't make such moves within days.

Dogara is finding it difficult to decamp, because it is near impossibility for him to fly PDP in Bauchi and win his constituency, with the current sentiments on ground.
You would be surprised that many PDP Senators are negotiating with APC in secrets.
Saraki doesn't have the support of the power that be, his camp has been compromised by their 2019 selfish interests.
The INEC budget is putting him under pressure to reconvene, if not his foes are fast convincing Nigerians that he is the one on their way of progress.
With what happened to DG DSS, nobody in government would want to associate with him in secret again, he has lost a big grip.
He has lost every negotiating tool for soft landing. With or without him, the power that be can hijack the clerk to reconvene using INEC budget passage as excuse, to flush him out.
We see the end of Saraki, not just at the Senate, but also in Kwara.
He is really in a tight corner!

For the other ones, they are nothing but BUNCH of losers.
Sai Baba.
Sai Buhari.
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT.

(Someone says Oshiomole has turned some people's parents into GATE MEN! grin cheesy
Hahahaha cheesy grin, we can't stop laughing o!

Corrinthians why nah?! grin cheesy)
trash as usual
Re: Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS by success1smyn(m): 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2018
Butterflyleo:
grin

What are they afraid of? Why are they giving themselves sleepless nights?

Its clear now that the only edge PDP and those who defected to PDP have is to ensure saraki remains as senate president. Once he is removed, all their plans would die with his removal.
and it's also very clear now that the only edge A PC and those who remain there have is to ensure Saraki is removed. Once he remains senate president, all that I plans would die. including that of the clueless idiot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari's Govt. Is Rotten - Fayose, Says FG Plans To Release Fresh 'Chibok Girls' / Wike & Abdulsalami Abubakar At The Inauguration Of Pamo University (Photos) / PDP Agrees To Change Name, Fulfils Demand By R-APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.