Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,134 members, 7,953,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:28 PM

Woman Denied Job As Company Says Her Name Is ‘ghetto’ - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Woman Denied Job As Company Says Her Name Is ‘ghetto’ (1051 Views)

Lady Denied Job For Being Too Short / 'Ghetto Name': Woman Denied Job As Company Says Her Name Sounds Too Local / “Don’t Come With Charms”, Oil Company Says In Job Test Invite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Denied Job As Company Says Her Name Is ‘ghetto’ by sirlekzy: 7:03am On Aug 16, 2018

A woman has been denied the opportunity to get a job with a health company black after the company found her name as one that suggests ‘ghetto.’

The woman, Hermeisha Robinson, made this known on Monday, August 13, 2018, with a Facebook post.

Robinson claimed in her post on Facebook that she received an email from Mantality Health denying her of a job she applied for because her name was “ghetto.”

Hermeisha Robinson said in a post, which has since gone viral on Facebook, that she had been rejected from a position she believed she was “well qualified for” by a company because of her name.

SEE SCREENSHOTS HERE

A screenshot of the email, which Robinson shared in her Facebook post, read: “Thank you for your interest in careers at Mantality Health. Unfortunately we do not consider candidates that have suggestive ‘ghetto’ names. We wish the best in your career search.”

My feelings are hurt – Robinson
Robinson said, in her Facebook post, that her feelings are very hurt as a result of the mail.

She further said the mail got her guessing and trying to figure if her name is really ghetto as she found the mail discriminating.

“They discriminated against me because of my name which they considered it to be ‘ghetto’ for their company!

“My feelings are very hurt and they even got me second guessing my name trying to figure out if my name is really that ‘ghetto.

“I would like for everyone to share this post because discrimination has to stop,” she wrote.

READ ALSO!! See What FRSC Officials Did With N2 Million Recovered At Accident Scene (Photos)

While Robinson’s post has continued to get reactions, the owner of the company, reportedly believes a former employee is behind the email.

Mantality Health’s owner, Kevin Meuret told local media that company has since filed police reports to St. Louis County after it was found out that Robinson was one of nearly 20 applicants who received the email.

Source: http://www.lekzyloaded.com/news/woman-denied-job-as-company-says-her-name-is-ghetto

Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique
Re: Woman Denied Job As Company Says Her Name Is ‘ghetto’ by hisgrace090: 7:16am On Aug 16, 2018
Woman so you want them to employ ghetto to appeas you ehh?

They're wise people indeed.
Re: Woman Denied Job As Company Says Her Name Is ‘ghetto’ by loverboys: 9:19am On Aug 16, 2018
How does it matter even if her name is Olosho?? wink
Re: Woman Denied Job As Company Says Her Name Is ‘ghetto’ by stewiepeter: 10:52am On Aug 16, 2018
hisgrace090:
Woman so you want them to employ ghetto to appeas you ehh?

They're wise people indeed.
You're a big fool, try reading the article first before commenting.

1 Like

Re: Woman Denied Job As Company Says Her Name Is ‘ghetto’ by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 16, 2018
The person behind the email should be sacked.

sirlekzy:
[img]http://www.lekzyloaded.com/wp-
Mantality Health’s owner, Kevin Meuret told local media that company has since filed police reports to St. Louis County after it was found out that Robinson was one of nearly 20 applicants who received the email.

Smh

1 Like

Re: Woman Denied Job As Company Says Her Name Is ‘ghetto’ by wonlasewonimi: 12:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
If it is true, this girl can sue the company to the bone.
Re: Woman Denied Job As Company Says Her Name Is ‘ghetto’ by hisgrace090: 4:22pm On Aug 16, 2018
stewiepeter:
You're a big fool, try reading the article first before commenting.

So you're still suffering this leaking mouth? Sorry!

(1) (Reply)

Apply: New Jobs Available (10 Positions) / Employment Agents / Disclaimer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.