Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Nigeria: Oronsaye - Hnd Not Equivalent To University Degree - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Oronsaye - Hnd Not Equivalent To University Degree (7956 Views)

Does Buhari Have A University Degree? / INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud / Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Oronsaye - Hnd Not Equivalent To University Degree by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2010
adconline:

Nigeria is a country that thrives on division. If u ve got a BSc, u will be told that it has to be a first class and not from a state university. They will say that 2.1 in federal universities is equal to first class in first class in state universities. Now with a BSc, you will be told there are no jobs because of your school and discipline. If u have got a first class from one of their so called good schools, you will be told that you are over qualified and threat to the management.
Bottom line is that there are no jobs and Nigeria is a country that has thrived on segregation/division to avoid addressing her many problems- from rotational presidency, to quota system,fed unis vs state unis, HND vs BSc , Muslims vs Christians, south vs North etc

touche`
Re: Nigeria: Oronsaye - Hnd Not Equivalent To University Degree by Sauron1: 8:32pm On Jun 27, 2010
adconline:

Nigeria is a country that thrives on division. If u ve got a BSc, u will be told that it has to be a first class and not from a state university. They will say that 2.1 in federal universities is equal to first class in first class in state universities. Now with a BSc, you will be told there are no jobs because of your school and discipline. If u have got a first class from one of their so called good schools, you will be told that you are over qualified and threat to the management.
Bottom line is that there are no jobs and Nigeria is a country that has thrived on segregation/division to avoid addressing her many problems- from rotational presidency, to quota system,fed unis vs state unis, HND vs BSc , Muslims vs Christians, south vs North etc

It's not about division. . . . . .It's because the market is highly competitive.
Nigerian tertiary institutions churn out graduates every 9 months with little or no jobs out there. . . . .What do you expect?
Of course, employers are going to make sure they get the best of the best out there and that creates discrimination.
Re: Nigeria: Oronsaye - Hnd Not Equivalent To University Degree by netotse(m): 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2010
@ajanlekoko
i didn't know they were that many in naija o. . .33s plenty!

the course sounds interesting(engineers in society). . .we didn't do any such course during my days sha(i feel old o. . .lol). . .i remember in year 2 some OND guys joined us and these guys were HOT o. . .see as they just scattered the league table. . .lol

i still think it isn't fair to judge people based on their degrees sha. . .it only serves to entrench bad blood, y'all need to see the number of people that still curse aig-imokkhuede till today because of the access bank thingy. . .lol
Re: Nigeria: Oronsaye - Hnd Not Equivalent To University Degree by ishmael(m): 3:11pm On Jul 02, 2010
what the hell does the head of service mean? if there is any curriculum that needs to be overhauled in nigeria it is that of the university. It is so obsolete, and that accounts for why Nigerian university graduates can not make anything work in the country. The nigerian polytechnic curriculum is better, richer and wider than that of the university in Nigeria. From my experience, i attended both schools and i discovered that there are some courses i offered in the polytechnic that i did not do in the university. My friend too who had a BTech in Estate Mgt could not lecture a course she was given to during her NYSC in kaduna polytechnic because they were not taught that course in the university. Has the HOS been to a polytechnic before to come and tell us that poly curriculum is inferior to that of the university?
Re: Nigeria: Oronsaye - Hnd Not Equivalent To University Degree by nigger009(m): 11:33pm On May 20, 2011
It is an obvious fact about humans, we always want to surpress others, but this leads to stagnancy, and undevelopment. Just follow this thread from the begining and see what they pasted all through, it is quite sad. These are the kind of products we produces yearly from our higher institutions occuppied with discriminations of various types with different types of deadly vernons. Do you think their likes love this nation.
If the Polytechnics education is considered lower than the University then it should be arranged in such a way that one can upgrade from Hnd to Bachelors degree as it is in UK. All these offensive words here on this thread and the action taken by HOS and other kinds of suppression can take us no where. Please my advise to those with Hnd is to do their Pgd and get a Masters degree or travel to UK and get a Bachelors degree under one year.
Re: Nigeria: Oronsaye - Hnd Not Equivalent To University Degree by nwaafo1: 12:21am On May 21, 2011
or they come to south Africa and get it in a year, at much cheaper rate
Re: Nigeria: Oronsaye - Hnd Not Equivalent To University Degree by adconline(m): 6:22am On May 21, 2011
Now, provide jobs to BSc holders first and close all the polytechnics,
Re: Nigeria: Oronsaye - Hnd Not Equivalent To University Degree by sirjec(m): 1:02pm On May 21, 2011
Well, I don't seem to understand it when this argument comes up. To me it is political.
I passed through HND and now I'm furthering to obtain B.Eng, all I've seen in the curriculum are basically what what we did in HND. To me HND even paid more details to some areas.

The only difference is the Lecturers in Universities are lazy. They want students to learn most things on their own and they call it research. Though it has helped me a lot but I feel it's laziness on their part
Re: Nigeria: Oronsaye - Hnd Not Equivalent To University Degree by ogayor: 12:02pm On May 04, 2013
~Sauron~:

I have a degree in Engineering
The last time i did anything remotely resembling accounting was in JSS3(Business studies) and i am now on the last leg of the ACCA thingy.
I only started doing it in 2008.
I dunno why peops find accounting so hard. It's mathematics and principles and i tell you. . . the exams are not too difficult so what are you ON about?

sorry, when one find no road in one field, you will look for another road in other. probably you lost out in your youth/earlier proverbial husband "engineering". or do you write ACCA for fun?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov Oyebanji: We Have Paid Over N31bn As Salaries, Gratuities, Pensions / Over 87 FCT Residents Killed, 176 Kidnapped Under Tinubu – Beacon Consulting / 2019 Budget Is Built On A Very Shaky Foundation – Atiku Mock Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.