Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,881 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Commentary On “forever Young” By Jay Z - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Commentary On “forever Young” By Jay Z (445 Views)

Battle For The Young By Gbile Akanni / There Is No End To This World : Life Goes On Forever / Daddy Freeze Slams Funke Felix Adejumo: Jay Z Insulted T.D Jakes, Still Makes... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Commentary On “forever Young” By Jay Z by chikachuks1(m): 3:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
This article is written as a comment to the popular song sang by the popular American Rapper – Jay Z, titled “forever young”. Many people have good desires but wrong pursuit. Good intentions but wrong approach. This post is not written with the intention of condemning anyone. Rather, I want to use this medium to provide advice to the singer and many others.

The irony of this nice lyric is that the singer is not a converted and dedicated follower of Jesus. Many young people like the singer want to live forever young but do not know what it takes to live forever young. Of all the lines, the once I love most and will most probably comment on are the once below;

Leave a mark that can’t erase neither space nor time: We must leave a mark in the world so as to live forever young. To live forever young means never to be forgotten in time and eternity. The Bible says, “The righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance” (Psalm.112:6). Therefore, righteousness is the key to leaving a mark that is in-erasable.

Fear not much while were alive: We must not fear while we are alive because “to live is Christ and to die is gain” (Philippians.1:21). Whether we live or die, let us do it in the Lord.

See ya somewhere up in the sky: This line simply means see you in heaven. Everyone want to get to heaven when life is over, but unfortunately, the pathway, they do not follow. If we must meet in heaven, if we must have our eternal abode in the skies, then we must live our lives on earth in holiness. “Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father” (Matthew.13:43).

Fear not die, I’ll be alive for a million years, bye bye: There is not fear in death for those who live and die in Jesus. This is because death opens the gate to heaven for the prepared. In heaven, we never get old and we never die there.

My name shall survive: To those that overcome, God shall give them a name that lasts forever. If your name must last forever, the nature of Jesus must last forever in your life. “He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels” (Revelation.3:5).

These few lines thrills me that I cannot and will never look away from them. I call on every heaven minded person to go through these lines meditatively. Do you want to live forever young? Do you want to have a name that cannot be erased with time? Then I have an answer to that question

Acts.4:12 says, “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved”. If we must live forever young, the first point is salvation. But then, may i inform every of my readers that salvation is impossible without the name of Jesus.

Therefore, if you must live forever young. If you must be in everlasting remembrance, then you must give your life to Jesus. Jesus is the only one who gives salvation. I pray you think and act on this and may God help you.

http://www.christianityupdate.com/blog/forever-young/

(1) (Reply)

Lifechanyuan’s Standpoint On Homosexuality / Make At Least #4000 Weekly With Pioneer News Income / Ghanaian Prophet badu kobi Prophesies Prez Buhari Will Rig 2019 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.