Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,797 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

How To Boost Your SEO Ranking With Robots.txt - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Boost Your SEO Ranking With Robots.txt (303 Views)

How to get and customize custom robots.txt for blogger / How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) / How To Set Up Custom Robot Txt And Custom Robots Header Tags On Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Boost Your SEO Ranking With Robots.txt by hassan4: 3:16am On Aug 17, 2018
Everyone geek loves “hacks” or going under the hood to tweak a few stuffs (especially for a Linux savvy like myself).

It is no secret – I love finding ways to make my life better, easier and fun.

That’s why the technique I’m going to tell you about today is one of my absolute favorites. It’s a legitimate SEO hack that you can start using right away.

It’s a way to increase your SEO by taking advantage of a natural part of every website that rarely gets talked about. It’s not difficult to implement either.

It’s the robots.txt file (also called the robots exclusion protocol or standard).

This teeny tiny text file is part of every website on the Internet, but most people don’t even know about it.

It’s designed to work with search engines, but surprisingly, it’s a source of SEO juice just waiting to be unlocked.

I’ve seen client after client bend over backward trying to enhance their SEO. When I tell them that they can edit a little text file, they almost don’t believe me.

However, there are many methods of enhancing SEO that aren’t difficult or time-consuming, and this is one of them.

You don’t need to have any technical experience to leverage the power of robots.txt. If you can find the source code for your website, you can use this.

So when you’re ready, follow along with me, and I’ll show you exactly how to change up your robots.txt file so that search engines will love it.

Learn how I leveraged SEO to generate an extra 195,013 visitors a month.
Why the robots.txt file is important

First, let’s take a look at why the robots.txt file matters in the first place.

The robots.txt file, also known as the robots exclusion protocol or standard, is a text file that tells web robots (most often search engines) which pages on your site to crawl.

It also tells web robots which pages not to crawl.

Let’s say a search engine is about to visit a site. Before it visits the target page, it will check the robots.txt for instructions.

There are different types of robots.txt files, so let’s look at a few different examples of what they look like.

Get full tutorial on the link below;

https://gtbensmagazine.com/2019/03/30/how-to-boost-your-seo-ranking-with-robots-txt/

Re: How To Boost Your SEO Ranking With Robots.txt by dlux: 10:52am On Aug 21, 2018
Lovely piece. Most dudes do not know how important robots.txt files can be to their website.

(1) (Reply)

Codelagos Hackathon / I Need A Nigerian Adsense Account / Which Carrigaton Wordpress Theme Can I Get For You Drop Site Let Me Cheak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.