Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Over 51 Drivers Have Been Abducted In My State – Northern Governor Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 51 Drivers Have Been Abducted In My State – Northern Governor Cries Out (458 Views)

Breaking! Police Arrest IPOB ESN Gunman In Kastina State Northern Nigeria-pics / Quit Notice : You’re An Ingrate, Angry Northern Governor's Aide Blasts Akeredolu / Obadiah Mailafiya: A Northern Governor Is The Commander Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 51 Drivers Have Been Abducted In My State – Northern Governor Cries Out by sirlekzy: 7:18am On Aug 17, 2018

The governor of Kebbi state, Abubakar Atiku Bagudu, says poor roads in his state led to the abduction of over 51 drivers while trying to make a detour on their way to Birnin Kebbi.

He made the disclosure at a five-day meeting of the National Council of Works, Daily Trust reports.

It was gathers that the governor expressed concern over the plight of drivers as they navigate through bad roads in the state.

He said: “The drivers told me they have to make a detour at Bargu in Niger state, under Magama local government while going or coming to Kebbi from Lagos.

“The hardship is too much and it exposes them to danger in the hands of armed robbers and abductors.”

Also present at the meeting, the minister of works, power and housing, Babatunde Fashola, stated that over 200 roads that were either uncompleted or abandoned, had been inherited by the Buhari administration.

He said the abandoned roads amounted to N2 trillion; adding that the past administration only paid the sum of N500 billion to the contractors.

According to Fashola, there is no state in Nigeria where the federal government is not executing one project or the other.

Babatunde Fashola, said that the federal government would repair over 41 highways across the country destroyed by floods and other factors.

READ ALSO!! SO SAD! Man Electrocuted While Trying To Vandalize Power Equipment In Kaduna

At a meeting in Abuja with contractors handling the federal government’s projects, Fashola said the rehabilitation will be embarked upon, alongside ongoing road construction projects.

Source: http://www.lekzyloaded.com/news/over-51-drivers-have-been-abducted-in-my-state-northern-governor-cries-out

Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique
Re: Over 51 Drivers Have Been Abducted In My State – Northern Governor Cries Out by fk001(m): 7:19am On Aug 17, 2018
And as governor, what are you doing about it?
Re: Over 51 Drivers Have Been Abducted In My State – Northern Governor Cries Out by bugidon(m): 7:19am On Aug 17, 2018
Northern Nigeria is equivalent to Afghanistan embarassed
Re: Over 51 Drivers Have Been Abducted In My State – Northern Governor Cries Out by Racoon(m): 7:20am On Aug 17, 2018
Yet governors being the CSO of their states that are not willing to be accountable but took EFCC to court to prevent their corruption being exposed. angry angry
Re: Over 51 Drivers Have Been Abducted In My State – Northern Governor Cries Out by FarahAideed: 7:22am On Aug 17, 2018
Nigeria insecurity is at it's all time high !!!!Vote out Bad govt for your security to improve
Re: Over 51 Drivers Have Been Abducted In My State – Northern Governor Cries Out by Munzy14(m): 7:50am On Aug 17, 2018
sai baba people??, op abeg next news.

Re: Over 51 Drivers Have Been Abducted In My State – Northern Governor Cries Out by nzeobi(m): 7:55am On Aug 17, 2018
at the moment if it's not about winning elections and decamping from one from one party to another, forget it.

(1) (Reply)

Brief Facts On Rigasa,nigeria's Largest Electoral Ward / Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah (ebubechukwu-uzo) - The Hallmark Of Philantrophism / Police Confirm Killing Of 11 In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.