Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Islam And Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam And Marriage (517 Views)

God's Role In Choice Of A Life Partner And Marriage For Christians / Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) / When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam And Marriage by modupesalmat(f): 7:26am On Aug 17, 2018
In Islam, celibacy is not allowed unlike in other religion where people can decide not to get married. Marriage in IslamMarriage is an obligatory aspect of Islam because according to an hadith narrated by anas “when a person gets married, half of his Deen (worship) is completed so let him/her fear Allah on the remaining half”. According to one of the sayings of the holy prophet “Marriage is my tradition who so ever keeps away from marriage is not from amongst me”. Via marriage, families are established constituting an important unit of every society. Islam never condemns sexual relations but doesn’t support free sexual relations with one another. In Islam, Marriage is the only legitimate way to intimacy. The main reason for marriage is that the couple can keep each other’s company, love each other, for procreation and to live in peace and tranquility. By choosing to get married, you are actually choosing the path of being obedient to Allah and his messenger because it is possible to choose to live a sinful lifestyle.

Click to continue: https://www.entrepreneurmuslimmoms.com/islam-and-marriage/

https://www.entrepreneurmuslimmoms.com

Re: Islam And Marriage by hybraheeem002(m): 8:13am On Aug 17, 2018
Well said!!! I commend your efforts. But you misplaced condition number 4. Parents' or guardian's consent is the forth, and not avoiding suspicion
Re: Islam And Marriage by hybraheeem002(m): 8:15am On Aug 17, 2018
What were you saying self Gibberishes grin
Isinweke:
[s][/s]

TAKE THIS SHIT TO ISLAMIC SECTION WHERE SHITS BELONG

YOU'RE FREE TO POST ANYWHERE MAKE DENY THEIR FAITH BEFORE THEY CAN COMMENT ON ISLAMIC SECTION
Re: Islam And Marriage by enilove(m): 8:18am On Aug 17, 2018
What about temporary marriage , Is it allowed ?

Book 008, Number 3243:

Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported: We were on an expedition with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and we had no women with us. We said: Should we not have ourselves castrated? He (the Holy Prophet) forbade us to do so He then granted us permission that we should contract temporary marriage for a stipulated period giving her a garment, and 'Abdullah then recited this verse: 'Those who believe do not make unlawful the good things which Allah has made lawful for you, and do not transgress. Allah does not like trangressers" (al-Qur'an, v. 87).

My second question :
Was there agreement between Muhammad ( 51 years old) and Aishat ( 6 years ) old when he married her?

Pls explain.

1 Like

Re: Islam And Marriage by hybraheeem002(m): 8:23am On Aug 17, 2018
I know your type Isinweke
Isinweke:

ZOMBIE YOU GOT THE MSG
Re: Islam And Marriage by bankyblue(m): 8:27am On Aug 17, 2018
Nice one and quit educative, but when u talk about arrang marriage and also that it must not be force on either of the two parties. Is contradicting.

You talk about two stranger leaving in peace and tranquility!
Hmmmm.
Re: Islam And Marriage by enilove(m): 8:40am On Aug 17, 2018
Op , don't come here and teach us nonsense and lies :

Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234:

Narrated Aisha:

The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.

What agreement is there in this kind of marriage?

1 Like

Re: Islam And Marriage by modupesalmat(f): 8:50am On Aug 17, 2018
Thanks alot
Re: Islam And Marriage by StarUp: 9:43am On Aug 17, 2018
Good day nairalanders... Please l need a good Samaritan to help out with a better job connection in Abuja or environs for someone l know and recommend very dearly for his uncommon intelligence, hard work, dedication to duty as well as unparalleled integrity and honesty.
I have hitherto worked with this young man and know him in and out as Godfearing (with great respect for people), can be trusted with confidential matters as well as have an above average IQ plus being handsome with a good dress sense. He possesses a Bachelors degree in the Social Sciences and is in his early thirties with over six years work experience that cuts across mainly education, customer service and administrative duties. He is presently poorly and grossly underpaid(less than 50k) considering his "quality attributes"... If God lays it in your heart, kindly reach him via: qualitysmile7@gmail.com...as you remember to help him, God will remember to help you too...thanks.

NB: Though any safe part of the country can also be considered if the job and conditions attached are worth it. God bless you as you help him.
Re: Islam And Marriage by hybraheeem002(m): 8:55am On Aug 18, 2018
I can now see why you need a brain implantation
Isinweke:

IDENTIFY YOURSELF
Re: Islam And Marriage by true2god: 9:20am On Aug 18, 2018
modupesalmat:
In Islam, celibacy is not allowed unlike in other religion where people can decide not to get married. Marriage in IslamMarriage is an obligatory aspect of Islam because according to an hadith narrated by anas “when a person gets married, half of his Deen (worship) is completed so let him/her fear Allah on the remaining half”. According to one of the sayings of the holy prophet “Marriage is my tradition who so ever keeps away from marriage is not from amongst me”. Via marriage, families are established constituting an important unit of every society. Islam never condemns sexual relations but doesn’t support free sexual relations with one another. In Islam, Marriage is the only legitimate way to intimacy. The main reason for marriage is that the couple can keep each other’s company, love each other, for procreation and to live in peace and tranquility. By choosing to get married, you are actually choosing the path of being obedient to Allah and his messenger because it is possible to choose to live a sinful lifestyle.

Click to continue: https://www.entrepreneurmuslimmoms.com/islam-and-marriage/

https://www.entrepreneurmuslimmoms.com
Modupe you must a lady. I want to ask you a question, do you follow the sunnah of your prophet? If 'yes', do you think your prophet was right to have engaged Ayisha, the so-called mother of believers, at the age of 6 and started sleeping with with when she became 9?

On the points you highlighted, before you decided to edit your post, do you think point no. 1 was followed when Mohammed decided to marry a 6 year old baby Ayisha, while he was 51-yr old man? Do you think a 6-yr old girl can make any decision for herself when it comes to marriage?
Re: Islam And Marriage by true2god: 9:25am On Aug 18, 2018
enilove:
What about temporary marriage , Is it allowed ?

Book 008, Number 3243:

Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported: We were on an expedition with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and we had no women with us. We said: Should we not have ourselves castrated? He (the Holy Prophet) forbade us to do so He then granted us permission that we should contract temporary marriage for a stipulated period giving her a garment, and 'Abdullah then recited this verse: 'Those who believe do not make unlawful the good things which Allah has made lawful for you, and do not transgress. Allah does not like trangressers" (al-Qur'an, v. 87).

My second question :
Was there agreement between Muhammad ( 51 years old) and Aishat ( 6 years ) old when he married her?

Pls explain.

I think this is what they call 'nikah mutua' in Islam; temporary marriage. Some people call it legalized prostitution by the prophet.

enilove, can make you give us the full reference of this hadith as narrated by ibn masud, one of the sahabas of the prophet who also benefited from this nikah mutua?

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Apologizes For Touching Singer’s Breast During Funeral / Can Somebody Help Me With This Dream? / Bible Scholars, Let's Have You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.