Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki (1027 Views)

Buhari, Saraki Handshake: Dele Momodu, APC React / How Buhari, Saraki Peace Deal Collapsed / Buhari, Saraki, Ambode, Others At APC National Convention In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki by teoiyalla(m): 10:20am On Aug 17, 2018
I’m Considering A Run Against Him In 2019— Saraki

SENATE PRESIDENT BUKOLA SARAKI SAYS HE IS SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING RUNNING AGAINST PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI IN 2019.
SARAKI MADE THIS KNOWN TO BLOOMBERG IN AN INTERVIEW.
THIS DEVELOPMENT IS COMING ON THE HEELS OF RISING SPECULATIONS ABOUT THE PROSPECT OF A SARAKI PRESIDENTIAL RUN FUELLED BY HIS VISITS TO EX-PRESIDENT OLUSEGUN OBASANJO AND FORMER HEAD OF STATE, IBRAHIM BABANGIDA.
“I AM CONSULTING AND ACTIVELY CONSIDERING IT… I BELIEVE I CAN MAKE THE CHANGE,” HE WAS QUOTED TO HAVE SAID.
“THE PDP HAS LEARNT ITS LESSON FROM THE LOSS IN 2015, AND I THINK UNFORTUNATELY THE APC DID NOT LEARN FROM THEIR VICTORY.
“WHILE NEGOTIATING WITH THE PDP, WE LISTED A NUMBER OF ISSUES. WE TALKED ABOUT HOW TO SUSTAIN AND IMPROVE THE FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION; THE ISSUE OF PROVIDING MORE POWERS TO THE STATES; INCLUSION AND HAVING A MORE NATIONALISTIC APPROACH ON THINGS WE DO; TO CONTINUE TO IMPROVE THE ENVIRONMENT THAT WILL ENSURE INVESTMENTS.
“WE LISTED A NUMBER OF ITEMS DURING THE DISCUSSIONS WITH THE PDP, AND THERE IS A WRITTEN AGREEMENT TO THAT. WE TRUST THAT WE CAN HOLD THEM TO THAT.
“WE WOULD ENSURE THAT THE PARTY IS STRONG ON SECURITY. THE APC TOO HAVE NOT DONE WELL ON THE ISSUE OF SECURITY. WE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY WITH THE RIGHT KIND OF PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE AND PRESIDENT TO PROVIDE THE LEADERSHIP FOR THE PARTY. THE PARTY HAS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO LEAD THE COUNTRY IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.”
HE ALSO SPOKE OF THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE SERVICES (DSS) SIEGE TO THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY, FEARING THAT IT PORTENDED DANGER TO NEXT YEAR’S ELECTIONS.
“IF A GOVERNMENT CAN GO AND LOCK UP AN ARM OF GOVERNMENT — AND IT’S NEVER HAPPENED IN OUR HISTORY — WE SHOULD ALL BE VERY CONCERNED… WE SHOULD NOT BE SURPRISED THAT THEY WOULD USE SECURITY AGENCIES FOR ELECTIONS,” SARAKI SAID..MORE DETAIL

http://thebeaconewsnigeria.com/2018/08/ill-make-a-better-president-than-buhari-im-considering-a-run-against-him-in-2019-saraki/
Re: I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki by Ekez(m): 11:48am On Aug 17, 2018
#okay we dey cum
Re: I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki by chriskosherbal(m): 11:49am On Aug 17, 2018
wink
Re: I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki by Bakrabas: 11:58am On Aug 17, 2018
Desperate man
Re: I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki by EmirAbj: 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2018
NA SO UNA DEY TALK, ON GETTING TO OFFICE YOU WILL START BEHAVING NEGATIVELY
Re: I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki by KingRagnar: 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2018
What better president? Your ignoble act will not let you lead in integrity and character. If you can betray the party that housed you, how are we not sure you won't betray Nigerians? The bottomline is, contesting in 2019 will not give that seat you yearn for because the major force will be contending in the person of PMB
Re: I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki by youngeagle(m): 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2018
A medical Doctor by profession and still understands the law to fight this tyrannical government can surely unite this country for a greater heights... you have got my vote boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki by Lawalatm: 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2018
competition is allowed.....but think before you leap undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki by donbachi(m): 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
even if i don't like buhari's style of leadership...saraki cannot do better than buhari...i don't see a better nigeria in the hands of these present breeds of politicians...only time will tell.
Re: I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki by Omoboricash(m): 1:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
youngeagle:
A medical Doctor by profession and still understands the law to fight this tyrannical government can surely unite this country for a greater heights... you have got my vote boss
Pls advice him to reconvene the Senate, so that they can do the needful. Aftermath he can continue with his politicking for 2019 general election.
Re: I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki by youngeagle(m): 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2018
Omoboricash:

Pls advice him to reconvene the Senate, so that they can do the needful. Aftermath he can continue with his politicking for 2019 general election.
he will,it has bn on their time table to embark on annual break,I wonder why its now an issue because some people want him out,he's a wise man and will reconvene ASAP
Re: I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki by aguiyi2: 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
As you made societe generale bank better for depositors abi?
Re: I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
aguiyi2:
As you made societe generale bank better for depositors abi?

Experience in running a business and failing is better than having none

Buhari has none
Re: I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
atiku buhari or saraki, nigeria loses. But who is most likely to halt killing in the north and possibly finally hanle the boko/Fulani terrisom ?
Re: I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki by aguiyi2: 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2018
krendo:

Experience in running a business and failing is better than having none

Buhari has none
Experience in running a business and ruining the lives of many in the process ?.In saner climes,he will still be in jail.
Re: I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki by Grayxme: 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
It is certainly unreasonable and baseless to think Saraki can be a rival to PMB. Considering his past leadership positions held and how he has being defecting from one party to another all for his selfish interest, It is clearly stated that he cannot be compared with PMB who is obviously doing so much with so little.
Re: I’ll Make A Better President Than Buhari— Saraki by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 17, 2018
I agree with him

(1) (Reply)

Aggrieved Gombe PDP Governorship Aspirant Defects To APC / Rtd Colonel Nyiam To Buhari: You Don’t Deserve A 2nd Term / I Am Proud To Be Igbo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.