Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,513 members, 7,954,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:58 PM

Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions (730 Views)

Peter Obi Worships At Dunamis International Church / Peter Obi Worships On Easter At Jesus House Church In London (Pics) / Peter Obi Worships At Rhema Deliverance Mission In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Courage12: 10:30am On Aug 17, 2018
The Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Sokoto, Matthew Kukah, says some tertiary institutions in Northern Nigeria have over the years refused to allocate spaces within their premises for their Christian studentss to worship.

Speaking at a book launch organised by Premiumtimes, Kukah accused northern governors of aiding the alleged injustice.
“As I’m talking here now, whether it is Bayero University, Usman Dan Fodio University, most of the universities and tertiary institutions in northern Nigeria, Christians don’t have a place to worship after over 40 years of the existence of these universities and these are the areas where the intellectuals, those who are going to govern Nigeria, this is where they are.
“Up till today, as I’m talking to you, you can’t find a single governor in northern Nigeria that will effortlessly sign a certificate of occupancy for the building of a church. Nowhere,” Kukah said at the event

Read more at https://infobyangel..com/2018/08/christians-are-not-allowed-places-of.html?m=1

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by NORSIYK(m): 10:38am On Aug 17, 2018
Ok
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 17, 2018
That's nothing new, the islamic fundamentalists in the almajiri stricken north know nothing about religious tolerance. They bully christians up north but will be preaching one nigeria down south. Now tell me if they aren't hypocrites?

5 Likes

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by mrbaba18(m): 10:45am On Aug 17, 2018
Northern Nigeria are knwn of persecuting Christians

2 Likes

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by chriskosherbal(m): 10:47am On Aug 17, 2018
Hmmmmm
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Dreamkiller: 10:48am On Aug 17, 2018
the south should do the same
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Ever8054: 11:05am On Aug 17, 2018
it did not start today.... there elder brother Mohammed instructed them long ago not to tolerate people of different believes...

2 Likes

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Fatherofdragons: 11:10am On Aug 17, 2018
Na today?
Everbody knows that Muslims are intolerant and hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by madmohamed(m): 11:15am On Aug 17, 2018
Courage12:
The Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Sokoto, Matthew Kukah, says some tertiary institutions in Northern Nigeria have over the years refused to allocate spaces within their premises for their Christian studentss to worship.

Speaking at a book launch organised by Premiumtimes, Kukah accused northern governors of aiding the alleged injustice.
“As I’m talking here now, whether it is Bayero University, Usman Dan Fodio University, most of the universities and tertiary institutions in northern Nigeria, Christians don’t have a place to worship after over 40 years of the existence of these universities and these are the areas where the intellectuals, those who are going to govern Nigeria, this is where they are.
“Up till today, as I’m talking to you, you can’t find a single governor in northern Nigeria that will effortlessly sign a certificate of occupancy for the building of a church. Nowhere,” Kukah said at the event

Read more at https://infobyangel..com/2018/08/christians-are-not-allowed6-places-of.html?m=1
mohamed Is evil enogo beta for him.madmohamed

1 Like

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by SolutionMee: 11:16am On Aug 17, 2018
Am I the only Christian that doesn't see anything wrong in this

We all know that Nigeria is an Islamic country

Then why not play our religious dominance with care

The fact that they even tolerate our fate and religion alone shows how peaceful Islam is

Let's be grateful so as to secure the future of our religion in Nigeria

I'm a Christian and my best friend is a Muslim

My friend is AbdulkaTrump and he's not a terrorist
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by possibility1234: 11:17am On Aug 17, 2018
True
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 17, 2018
Oh everybody knows they are intolerant and bullies Christians in the north wow and that's OK yea its OK we know them for it but we are one Nigeria and united we stand so the Christians should manage and be together as one

#BIAFREXIT

ONE NIGERIA IS A CRIME AGAINST CIVILIZATION AND HUMANITY
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by HigherEd: 11:38am On Aug 17, 2018
Universities built with money from Christian regions don't want to give Christians places of worship. Why don't we break the country into two or four and watch Northern Nigeria slide into Oblivion.

Lalasticlala
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 17, 2018
SolutionMee:

The fact that they even tolerate our fate and religion alone shows how peaceful Islam is

you will surely end your life as a Christian, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, I call on heaven and earth lands and seas even the air you breathe to witness this day 17th August against you for saying you are a Christian just to mock Christians, you will surely end up as a Christian and uou must preach the gospel o your Muslim brothers in Jesus Christ's name.

3 Likes

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by CodeTemplar: 3:04pm On Aug 17, 2018
This is why I have always criticized the use of public funds to bankroll religious activity. Islam is a religion that has appealed to the inferior minds for ages because it is largely bendable to suite lazy minds and hands.

Christians and Muslims pay tax to the govt for basic amenities but one group has made it their right to corner public infrastructures & territories and it is this same group that has opposed restructuring of the country.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by CodeTemplar: 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2018
SolutionMee:

This isnt funny or cunning.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by mallam2016: 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2018
And how come he is the Arch Bishop of Sokoto if Muslim are intolerant, the problems is every Christian want to have their own different Dominion given a church space in the campus, while the Muslims have one central mosque, so tell me where in the south east tertiary institution that you have a single mosque
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by redsun(m): 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2018
Education and organised religion don't mix.It is either you are rationally educated-common sense and productivity or 'delusionally' educated-unproductive and irrational.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Austin4lif: 3:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
I am not sure this will make it to the front page. Kukah is very correct. most universities in northern NIgeria don't allocate land for Christian students. I have spent many years schooling in the north and the only only university that have a church is ABU Zaria. I stand to be corrected. well, some afonjas will still insult the Bishop for saying things against the religion of their slave masters
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worships In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Austin4lif: 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2018
mallam2016:
And how come he is the Arch Bishop of Sokoto if Muslim are intolerant, the problems is every Christian want to have their own different Dominion given a church space in the campus, while the Muslims have one central mosque, so tell me where in the south east tertiary institution that you have a single mosque

apart from ABU tell me another institution with a church in northern Nigeria. I was even denied admission in Bayero university because I am not a Muslim and because I am igbo. later we will be shouting one Nigeria up and down

(1) (Reply)

Chief Dr. Mike Okibe Onoja, CON. / Party Control: Kwankwaso On Warpath With Shekarau, Wali, Others / PHOTOS: Ganduje And Obanikoro At Jumat Service In Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.