Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,078 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Please Let's Address This Issue Together - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Let's Address This Issue Together (761 Views)

I Need Your Help In This Issue Sedulus Farms CEO / Watermelon Farmers And Buyers Please Let's Meet Here For Connect / A Call To Nigerians: Please Let's Start Up More Businesses In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Let's Address This Issue Together by Eudes(m): 11:57am On Aug 17, 2018
Hello wonderful Agropreneurs of our land.

Please, I really need kind and valid information from you. If you have the right information, be kind enough to air your opinion.

Please, I wish to know the cause of high cost of agricultural commodities in this country, especially in the southern and western part of the country. From the information I gathered so far, I have come to realize that the problem is not actually from farmers who produce these products. Information gathered revealed that farmers actually sell their products very cheap.

But why do those cheap products gotten from farmers turn to gold when they reach the local markets? Yam that is farmed in Benue State is now very expensive for the poor masses to buy in many parts of the country. The last time (3 weeks ago) I went to the market to price melon (egusi), they told me that the price for one cup was #350 - who knows how much they have added to it now.

Please, I wish to go into agriculture as I have graduated from the university. My target is the supply chain, but I need to understand some critical issues involved with the supply of agro products in Nigeria.

My dear farmers and suppliers, I wish to know the biggest challenges that you encounter in this agro-business stuff. Though I wish to make money from it, but my greatest desire is to see how we can curb the incessant hype in price of these commodities so that the poor masses can also benefit from it.

Please, could you be kind enough to share your opinion/experience with us. I strongly believe in the power of coalition. Together we can create a better society.

Remain blessed!
Re: Please Let's Address This Issue Together by kinibigdil: 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2018
From the much I know things are not cheaper from the farms o, labour has become more expensive as there are few labourer in the farms this days, prices of seeds have also gone up, fertilizer and pesticides have now gone up, transportation even these days you have to pay for security of your farm otherwise sorry is your name
Re: Please Let's Address This Issue Together by kinibigdil: 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2018
From the much I know things are not cheaper from the farms o, labour has become more expensive as there are few labourer in the farms this days, prices of seeds have also gone up, fertilizer and pesticides have now gone up, transportation even these days you have to pay for security of your farm otherwise sorry is your name Na oyo
Re: Please Let's Address This Issue Together by Yekeenbola(m): 12:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
These factors,

.Cost of production these days
.Transportation
.Season
.Bad economy
Re: Please Let's Address This Issue Together by Eudes(m): 8:12pm On Aug 19, 2018
kinibigdil:
From the much I know things are not cheaper from the farms o, labour has become more expensive as there are few labourer in the farms this days, prices of seeds have also gone up, fertilizer and pesticides have now gone up, transportation even these days you have to pay for security of your farm otherwise sorry is your name Na oyo

Great insight. But is there anything that can be done to checkmate some of these issues.
Re: Please Let's Address This Issue Together by Eudes(m): 8:13pm On Aug 19, 2018
Yekeenbola:
These factors,
.Cost of production these days .Transportation .Season .Bad economy
Good. Please could you elaborate a bit. And how can we go about these problems.
Re: Please Let's Address This Issue Together by Asquare84(m): 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2018
Eudes:
Hello wonderful Agropreneurs of our land.

Please, I really need kind and valid information from you. If you have the right information, be kind enough to air your opinion.

Please, I wish to know the cause of high cost of agricultural commodities in this country, especially in the southern and western part of the country. From the information I gathered so far, I have come to realize that the problem is not actually from farmers who produce these products. Information gathered revealed that farmers actually sell their products very cheap.

But why do those cheap products gotten from farmers turn to gold when they reach the local markets? Yam that is farmed in Benue State is now very expensive for the poor masses to buy in many parts of the country. The last time (3 weeks ago) I went to the market to price melon (egusi), they told me that the price for one cup was #350 - who knows how much they have added to it now.

Please, I wish to go into agriculture as I have graduated from the university. My target is the supply chain, but I need to understand some critical issues involved with the supply of agro products in Nigeria.

My dear farmers and suppliers, I wish to know the biggest challenges that you encounter in this agro-business stuff. Though I wish to make money from it, but my greatest desire is to see how we can curb the incessant hype in price of these commodities so that the poor masses can also benefit from it.

Please, could you be kind enough to share your opinion/experience with us. I strongly believe in the power of coalition. Together we can create a better society.

Remain blessed!

A CUP OF EGUSI IS 80 NAIRA IN MY AREA IN ABUJA
Re: Please Let's Address This Issue Together by Asquare84(m): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2018
ALL WHAT I CAN SAY IS GREED, IF NOT HOW COME PRICES OF FOODSTUFF ARE RELATIVELY CHEAPER IN ABUJA AND MOST NORTHERN STATE
Re: Please Let's Address This Issue Together by Holycity(f): 1:29pm On Aug 20, 2018
Asquare84:

surprise
Re: Please Let's Address This Issue Together by Asquare84(m): 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2018
Holycity:

surprise

Yes
Re: Please Let's Address This Issue Together by Eudes(m): 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
Asquare84:

This is unbelievable (#350-#80 = #270).
Does it mean that the egusi is farmed in Abuja and cost of production is far cheaper there or cost of transporting this egusi to Abuja is cheaper?
Re: Please Let's Address This Issue Together by Asquare84(m): 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2018
Eudes:

This is unbelievable (#350-#80 = #270).
Does it mean that the egusi is farmed in Abuja and cost of production is far cheaper there or cost of transporting this egusi to Abuja is cheaper?

There are a lot of native gbagyi farmers in Abuja and they farm massively it will surprise you to know that yams are cheaper in Abuja than benue
Re: Please Let's Address This Issue Together by Eudes(m): 8:34pm On Sep 02, 2018
Asquare84:

There are a lot of native gbagyi farmers in Abuja and they farm massively it will surprise you to know that yams are cheaper in Abuja than benue

Unbelievable! Do they ship to other states?

(1) (Reply)

Turkey For Sale In Benin City / Supplier Of Gnld NeoLife Super Gro In Calabar/uyo/port Harcourt / How To Grow Spinach In Your Garden And Indoor Containers Or Pots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.