Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:48 AM

How To Free Yourself From Religious Indoctrination - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Free Yourself From Religious Indoctrination (1090 Views)

5 Tips To Free Yourself From Facebook Addiction / Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies / 7 Ways To Free Yourself From Mental Slavery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Free Yourself From Religious Indoctrination by musicwriter(m): 1:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
Greetings beloved brothers and sisters.

Before I begin, be informed I am not an atheist. I believe in God, but I know enough to know that religion cannot be the way to God.

Are you stuck somewhere in a church, mosque, synagogue, but not finding meaning in it anymore?

In this thread I'll share with you how to free yourself from religion, so you could have a better understanding of God and reality. It would be similar to my earlier thread on how I discovered that Jesus Christ is fake, which could be found a https://www.nairaland.com/4494140/how-discovered-jesus-christ-fake

Again, note that I myself used to believe that Jesus was my savior, but I did my research to realize that Jesus is actually Satan who has fooled the whole world to worship him. It does not matter your religion though, the concept of a mediator, a savior, a messenger to God is a primitive invention created in the stone age. In fact, God could be an invention, but it doesn't mean there's no God.

It is time for us Africans to free ourselves from all alien concepts imposed on us by foreigners during colonialism.

Note: I'll not commence posting immediately because I discovered from my previous thread that some of us who has, unfortunately, developed emotional attachment to their various savoirs/messengers of God, get depressed when presented with evidence that their savoir or messenger is fake. For this purpose, I'll give time for those who don't like this type of topic to avoid reading it, cause what I'll post here could make you an atheist, which is something I don't want. However, you are free to be an atheist if that's the conclusion you'll draw on your own.

Finally, this is not a religious thread, but a thread on education about religion. Only those looking for the truth and how to free themselves from religion should come in here by 10:30 AM tomorrow 18th, August.

Stay tuned.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Free Yourself From Religious Indoctrination by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 17, 2018
Re: How To Free Yourself From Religious Indoctrination by musicwriter(m): 11:02am On Aug 18, 2018
The chief purpose of the bible or Koran or any other so called holy book is to control the mind of the reader, though, you won't realize this until you begin asking questions. You can see this clearly in Mathew chapter 5:39:40, it reads ''But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.''

Then, in Revelation chapter 22:18, it tells you not to question anything in the bible, of course, the writer knew in advance he was doing something wrong and that people would naturally resist it. It reads ''I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.''

Both chapters above are saying exactly the same thing- you shall not question authority. Such buffers were required in advance, so that it would be easier to control slaves in ancient times. All you need was put the fear of God (as written in the bible) on the minds of the slaves, and they would not question their enslavement.

Till the 1800's, European and American churches and priests also widely held the view that “slavery was ordained by God”, and they backed it up with bible passages. Bible passages were often quoted to rebellious slaves to remind them to obey their masters, as it was the will of God for them to be enslaved. Even here in Africa, it was also used. Popular bible passages used by European slave traders and missionaries include the below:-

Ephesians 6 5:8 New International Version.
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slaves or free.

1 Corinthians 7:20:22 New International Version.
Each person should remain in the situation they were in when God called them. Were you a slave when you were called? Don’t let it trouble you- although if you can gain your freedom, do so. For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord’s freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ’s slave.

Colossians 3 22:25 New International Version.
Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

1 Peter 2 18:20 New International Version.
Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. For it is commendable, if someone bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because they are conscious of God. But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.

Get it? The reason slavery lasted for over 400 years was because the slaves accepted the above as the word of God that must not be challenged. Today, religious people in churches and mosques and synagogues are the modern day slaves. You cannot free your mind until you begin questioning everything your holy book tells you. Imagine the slaves in the plantations didn't begin to question authority.

To be continued........................

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Free Yourself From Religious Indoctrination by musicwriter(m): 12:32pm On Aug 18, 2018
African people we need to wake up!.

If we don't wake up now, the western world will give us a very long gap in the coming decades with the advent of artificial intelligence. Once they come up with this machines that can think, forget it!. Science and technology would so much explode such that we will be pushed further backward up to the point of the world's laughing stock. Those still in churches and mosques, its time to open your thinking mind and begin to think like a scientist, ask questions about what's written in the so called holy books that they have given you to read. Research it, then you'll realize there were no Adam or Eve.

As discussed in the previous thread, Adama is the first stone tablet where the Sumerians wrote their creation story of how the first man was created. The Sumerians also said that their creator ‘’opened the chest’’ of the first man to collect tissues from his ‘’rib bone’’ to create the first woman. This is verifiable history because archaeologists dug up the stone tablets from the ground, and behold this story is older than the Genesis creation story. Whoever wrote the bible simply copied from an older story that was already known in ancient times.

At no time in the history of mankind did a snake speak to a woman. A snake has never spoken!!.

Therefore, there were no ‘’original’’ sins of Adam and eve, because Adam and Eve never existed. It is a myth!. And such creation myths are found all over the world. Nothing makes the bible creation myth better than the Yoruba creation myth, for instance. See previous thread for creation myths across the world.

At no time did blood of ''goats, rams, dove'' wash away sins of the world, because there were no original sin to be washed away.

The idea of a God-man savior who died and resurrected to save mankind is an ancient myth that was known all over the world before any Jesus was born. Hundreds of saviors have died, resurrected, and ascended to heaven before any Jesus. The idea of Jesus dying to save the world is simply a white supremacist view of the people (Europeans) who wrote the second part of the bible to justify that their own God-man is the best. Its all literature!.

If you really want to believe someone washed away the sins of the world, there are so many saviors who did the same thing from different parts of the world; including in Africa, thousands of years before any Jesus was born. Below is a list of saviors born by virgin, did great miracles, died and resurrected from death in different parts of the world before any Jesus Christ was born.

1 . Krishna of India.

2. Buddha of India.

3. Salivahana of Bermuda.

4. Osiris and Horus, of Egypt.

5. Odin of the Scandinavians.

6. Crite of Chaldea.

7. Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.

8. Baal and Taut, "the only Begotten of God," of Phenicia.

9. Indra of Thibet.

10. Bali of Afghanistan.

1 1 . Jao of Nepaul.

12. Wittoba of the Bilingonese.

13. Thammuz of Syria.

14. Atys of Phrygia.

15. Xaniolxis of Thrace.

16. Zoar of the Bonzes.

17. Adad of Assyria.

18. Deva Tat, and Sammonocadam of Siam.

19. Alcides of Thebes.

20. Mikado of the Sintoos.

21. Beddru of Japan.

22. Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.

23. Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.

24. Cadmus of Greece.

25. Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.

26. Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.

27. Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.

28. Ischy of the Island of Formosa.

29. Divine Teacher of Plato.

30. HolyOneofXaca.

31 . Fohi and Tien of China.

32. Adonis, son of the virgin lo of Greece.

33. IxiOn and Quirinus of Rome.

34. Prometheus of Caucasus.

10 Christ like Figures Who Pre Date Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvSkjqFLXxI

Again, all the above saviors lived thousands of years before Jesus, they were all born by a virgin before Jesus, they all had 12 disciples before Jesus, they were all killed by enemies before Jesus, they all resurrected from the dead before Jesus, they all ascended into heaven before Jesus. For further information, kindly google these names and make your own research. Jesus is satan!. There's no redemption in him. You redeem yourself by uncovering the lies told you by Europeans. You save yourself by uncovering the lies.

Below is an image of a Greek God who was crucified, and he died and resurrected 1500 years before Jesus was supposedly born. Again, this art was made before anybody heard of any Jesus.
[img]https://1.bp..com/-nPgelDLDgXM/W3gZnkiW6XI/AAAAAAAABW0/LjgKZOm-LsUOgnnqPbzsQ_dDRb8ku_4QgCLcBGAs/s1600/Greek%2Bgod.jpg[/img]

The below Mexican God-man savior (Quetzalcoatl) was born by a virgin, did miracles, was crucified on a cross!. He resurrected and ascended to heaven. He did all that about 800 years before anybody heard of Jesus. The below image of Quetzalcoatl on a cross was made hundreds of years before Mary and Joseph the supposed parents of Jesus were born. Indeed, when Spanish conquistadors arrived South America, the Aztecs (native inhabitants) thought that Quetzalcoatl has returned as he promised them before his crucification.
[img]https://1.bp..com/-8WPSZcJBDmI/W3gZwRCBgOI/AAAAAAAABW4/9UvMqX-p9OEqgml71lV1X0IMejyLa1h1wCLcBGAs/s1600/aztec.png[/img]

To be continued………………..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Free Yourself From Religious Indoctrination by musicwriter(m): 12:41pm On Aug 18, 2018
All you have to do to free yourself is begin to think like a scientist. Begin a quest for the truth no matter what direction the truth would lead.

I'll now share with you how 3 people freed themselves simply by asking question which lead them to research what they believed. The story below is not mine. It is a testimony of how a lady freed herself from religious indoctrination.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Free Yourself From Religious Indoctrination by musicwriter(m): 12:43pm On Aug 18, 2018
(1).

April 1, 2011 was the last day I attended my church as a Christian. Today is the one-year anniversary in which I cut ties with religious indoctrination. The last night I attended my church, I knew then that I would NOT be returning as a born-again Christian.

My mom is still Christian, and of course, she has requested to be funeralized in a church. In the event that I return to a church in order to funeralize my mom, it certainly won’t bother me because my mind has been set free from religious enslavement. I can sit there with a straight face, and know that what the minister is preaching is historically incorrect and based on ancient mythology. I can possibly have a conversation with this same minister, and tell him or her why I’m an atheist. I come across Christians all the time. Therefore, I’m not offended by their religious rhetoric and nonsense, because I know that they just don’t know any better.

My transitioning from Christianity to atheism began with research on the origin of Christianity in 2010, because I wanted to prove the validity of an historical Jesus as being the true savior of mankind who was resurrected from the dead. Instead, I found evidence that disproves the existence of Jesus as a Jewish historical figure. Let me start by saying that there could never have been a Jewish man named Jesus in the 1st Century CE. The term “Jew” did not even originate until the 18th Century. The letter “J” was never part of the Hebrew or Aramaic alphabet. The term “Jew” was originally used to denote the term “Judean” in earlier versions of the bible. “Judean” was the official term in earlier versions of the bible before it was replaced with the term Jew, which was first seen in the New Testament (King James version) in the 18th Century.

A “Iudaean” was a resident of the ancient occupied territory by the Romans known as Iudaea. The Roman province “Iudaea” comes from the Greek “Ioudaia”. The letter J is an English letter (acquired from the French “J”), and is a derivative from the Latin languages. All so-called historical accounts (outside the Bible) from the First and Second Centuries CE containing the name Jesus in reference to him being the Jewish Savior-Messiah are historical FORGERIES.

CHRISTIANITY WAS INDEED INVENTED BY THE ROMANS AS FAR BACK AS THE FIRST CENTURY CE.

The account given by Flavius Josephus, a Jewish-Roman historian concerning Jesus is nothing more than a sophisticated FORGERY, because Josephus was a pen name for a man named Arrius Calpurnius Piso, a Roman aristocrat who, according to author Abelard Reuchlin, had written the Four Gospels, the Pauline writings, and the Book of Revelation along with other members of his family. Furthermore, Josephus would not be the correct spelling of his name by the Romans during the First Century CE, because “J” is an English alphabet. Josephus would’ve possibly been “Iosef”, and the English name Jesus would’ve possibly been spelled by the Romans as Isus also from the Greek Isous (Zeus). In other words, Jesus is a continued version of Zeus who, according to Greek mythology, was the father of gods and men, and ruled the Olympians on Mount Olympus. Zeus was also known as the god of sky and thunder. Nut was the goddess of the sky, according to the Egyptian creation story. There are parallels of gods and goddesses within all major religious systems, which makes the Jesus figure the latest version of ”sky” deities worshiped in the ancient world.

In addition, Josephus’ reference of the man Jesus comes from a 15th Century copy of “The Antiquities of the Jews” supposedly written by Josephus himself (who really was Arrius Calpurnius Piso).

THERE WERE NO SUCH PEOPLE CALLED JEWS in the 1st Century CE!

There was no mention by credible ancient scholars/historians regarding a Jewish Messiah who performed miracles and raised the dead during the First Century CE except by those who forged stories to advance their own agendas, which is what Arrius Piso and his relatives did.

In Josephus’ account, Jesus was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher and the Christ, who appeared again alive the third day after his death to his disciples. Remember, Arrius Piso wrote the “Antiquities”, which was later translated into the English language, and this is where the 1466 copy comes from. Also, entire passages and new words/names were included during the translation process by the English.

A Roman named Gaius Cornelius Tacitus had supposedly written in his final work, the Annals, about Christus. However, John Wilson Ross, the author of Tacitus and Bracciolini: The Annals Forged in the XVth Century, noted that the Annals was not known in antiquity, with classical writers only quoting from Tacitus’ Histories. The Annals have also been challenged by several other modern scholars as being non-authentic.

In the non-authentic work, the Annals, Tacitus only references the word Christus and not the name Jesus. Christus was never a name, but a Greek word to describe a liberator. Tacitus supposedly wrote about Christians who were in Rome during the fire that consumed Rome when Nero was Emperor. The Christians were blamed by Nero for the fire and were persecuted although it was Nero who caused the fire. In the Annals, Tacitus never describes Christus as a Jewish Savior-God who performed miracles. There is no mention by Tacitus that Christus was ever resurrected from the dead. He references that Christus had suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius Caesar at the hands of Pontius Pilate, the Roman procurator. However, there were previous Christos or Chrestus in the ancient world before the Biblical Savior-God was ever invented by the Romans in the First Century CE. The term Christos was already upon Greek inscriptions thousands of years before the Biblical Savior became the New Messiah of the Romans.

The Jewish-Savior-God is also a continuation of the worship of Serapis, a Greco-Egyptian deity invented by the Greek ruler Ptolemy in the 3rd Century BCE. There are historical references about Christians being regarded as worshippers of Serapis in the First and Second Centuries CE (this was in the early history of Christianity). Even the deity Serapis is a continuation of earlier deities, including the worship of Horus (Heru), the firstborn son of Asar and Aset. The biblical Jesus is not even an historical figure, and yet, millions of people continue to pledge their allegiance to a mythical and nonhistorical figure! There were many historical forgeries, which include Christian forgerers during the early history of Christianity. Therefore, Christianity cannot be regarded as an authentic religious system when it is based upon ancient mythology and forgeries.

Gods and goddesses cannot save humanity. If they could, the world would not operate in chaotic and destructive behaviors, which threatens the future of humanity. Our future depends upon what we do today. Your gods/goddesses cannot save the future of mankind, because they don’t exist. Only we can save ourselves.

Source: http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/showthread.php?50700-The-Mythology-of-Christianity-and-Christ

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Free Yourself From Religious Indoctrination by musicwriter(m): 12:53pm On Aug 18, 2018
(2).

This testimony is from a former pastor who freed himself from religious indoctrination, though, unfortunately he's now an atheist. He's now an atheist because he made the mistake of thinking religion is the way to God. In the below video, he narrates his story.

Why I No Longer Believe In God- Full documentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ZLuRYp8gk
Re: How To Free Yourself From Religious Indoctrination by musicwriter(m): 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2018
(3).

This man was born into a church family, his father is a pastor, his mother is a pastor also. Watch how he freed himself from religious indoctrination by making use of his brain. There're 8 episodes, the one below is episode 1. Youtube will show you the rest.

He now teaches others how to free themselves from religious indoctrination.

Why I Am No Longer a Christian- episode 1.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOmSYHzeoNA&list=PLA0C3C1D163BE880A
Re: How To Free Yourself From Religious Indoctrination by oxladexo(m): 2:54pm On Aug 18, 2018
Well you're entitled to your own beliefs. To me christianity is not a religion. That's the mistake many are living in.
You see religion as a burden
I see christianity as my freedom.
Re: How To Free Yourself From Religious Indoctrination by musicwriter(m): 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2018
oxladexo:
Well you're entitled to your own beliefs. To me christianity is not a religion. That's the mistake many are living in.
You see religion as a burden
I see christianity as my freedom.

You're not supposed to know it's not freedom, until you actually come out of it. Thanks for your opinion anywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Free Yourself From Religious Indoctrination by CAPSLOCKED: 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2018
musicwriter:
(2).

This testimony is from a former pastor who freed himself from religious indoctrination, though, unfortunately he's now an atheist. He's now an atheist because he made the mistake of thinking religion is the way to God. In the below video, he narrates his story.

Why I No Longer Believe In God- Full documentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ZLuRYp8gk

YOUNG MAN EVEN IF JESUS HIMSELF CAME DOWN TO TELL BELIEVERS THAT RELIGION IS SCAM AND THERE'S NO NEED TO BELIEVE IN GODS FOR NON EXISTS, CHRISTIANS WILL SEND HIM BACK AND SAY THAT HE'S DRUNK, OR BEING DECEIVED BY THE DEVIL.

NICE THREAD ANYWAY.
Re: How To Free Yourself From Religious Indoctrination by musicwriter(m): 3:15pm On Aug 18, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

YOUNG MAN EVEN IF JESUS HIMSELF CAME DOWN TO TELL BELIEVERS THAT RELIGION IS SCAM AND THERE'S NO NEED TO BELIEVE IN GODS FOR NON EXISTS, CHRISTIANS WILL SEND HIM BACK AND SAY THAT HE'S DRUNK, OR BEING DECEIVED BY THE DEVIL.

NICE THREAD ANYWAY.

My brother, all I am doing is assist those who are interested in the truth. Those who seek the truth would find it useful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Free Yourself From Religious Indoctrination by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
Great thread. keep it up, bro!
Re: How To Free Yourself From Religious Indoctrination by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 21, 2018
If you look through you will see that I was the first to comment, but didn't say anytin just waiting to hear what he has to say because I wudnt want to jump to conclusion. If this is all you have to say. I will say thanks for wasting my time. Those who had an encounter with God have a better testimony to share and not the ones who played religion, religion is based on hearsay an not personal encounter. Even ur write-ups is based on findings which are subjected to confirmation, have u encounter personally whatever you believe in to confirm ur research?? Or you brought up ur findings which men of old pen down to buttress their claims. Christianity isn't a religion. No doubt there are men who claim to be Christian but don't know what it entails, they are the religious type who need freedom.
Re: How To Free Yourself From Religious Indoctrination by musicwriter(m): 2:49pm On Aug 21, 2018
mcjibs22:
If you look through you will see that I was the first to comment, but didn't say anytin just waiting to hear what he has to say because I wudnt want to jump to conclusion. If this is all you have to say. I will say thanks for wasting my time. Those who had an encounter with God have a better testimony to share and not the ones who played religion, religion is based on hearsay an not personal encounter. Even ur write-ups is based on findings which are subjected to confirmation, have u encounter personally whatever you believe in to confirm ur research?? Or you brought up ur findings which men of old pen down to buttress their claims. Christianity isn't a religion. No doubt there are men who claim to be Christian but don't know what it entails, they are the religious type who need freedom.

Of course, everybody knows christianity is not a religion, it's a worship of a human being--idolatry. I am sure you're also aware that Islam is not a religion.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Abdulkabir Aliu Foundation Scholars / Which Science Course Can I Study In University Without Physics? / Application For Chevening Now Open(worth £18,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.