Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates (3055 Views)

Jonathan's Trekker Oladele In Otuoke As Election Observer(pic) / Goodluck Jonathan As An Election Observer In Tanzania (Photos) / Leaders Of International Election Observer Groups Arrive Nigeria - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by sayso: 9:26am On Jun 24, 2010
Is this what we are expecting from him,while Cameron went with few advisers thinking more of UK home problems and spending cuts in the UK Budget.This is silly to say the least.He will not take part only as Fan member or as they say in plain English an Observer.

http://www.saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/6339-goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates.html
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Beaf: 9:28am On Jun 24, 2010
You have to ask why only one newspaper is reporting this. Is the story plain falsehood (as is frequent with our press) or are others scared of govt?
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Kx: 9:33am On Jun 24, 2010
Beaf:

You have to ask why only one newspaper is reporting this. Is the story plain falsehood (as is frequent with our press) or are others scared of govt?

Why wont they be scared after all the killing and maiming of journalists in the recent past.
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by sayso: 9:54am On Jun 24, 2010
such bravery is the only way to fight the government and let the nation know what is happening to them.
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Beaf: 10:09am On Jun 24, 2010
Kx:

Why wont they be scared after all the killing and maiming of journalists in the recent past.

Do you mean by govt? Or do you mean by individual politicians? They are two very different things and you might be making very serious allegations that could very well be unfounded.
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 24, 2010
Waste of taxpayers money.i dont really blame him,he is just an opprtunist afterall he never dreamt of becoming a president.absolute rubbis!!!
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by PapaBrowne(m): 10:47am On Jun 24, 2010
sayso:

such bravery is the only way to fight the government and let the nation know what is happening to them.
Reporting stories that have no reliable source whatsoever is not the same as bravery. Tabloids report lies about anything or anybody without any fear. I wouldn't regard them as brave. I like Saharareporters, but I have noticed lately, they have little or no news at all. Looks like they have to cover up their short comings with these kinds of articles.
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Kobojunkie: 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2010
Jonathan is in Canada . . .

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5h-iEbjOl9pCtN_UZObVJgBt8fKJQ

Not certain of the 140 number but I do know he is travelling with quite a lot of folks.
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by sayso: 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Reporting stories that have no reliable source whatsoever is not the same as bravery. Tabloids report lies about anything or anybody without any fear. I wouldn't regard them as brave. I like Saharareporters, but I have noticed lately, they have little or no news at all. Looks like they have to cover up their short comings with these kinds of articles.

and you think any news reporter will write something unfounded about the commander in chief of a country and get away with it?ask Gen. Stanley McChrystal ,the commander of U.S. and allied forces in Afghanistan and hear what he will tell you not to talk of a common newspaper/reporter.
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 24, 2010
sayso:

and you think any news reporter will write something unfounded about the commander in chief of a country and get away with it?ask Gen. Stanley McChrystal ,the commander of U.S. and allied forces in Afghanistan and hear what he will tell you not to talk of a common newspaper/reporter.
LWKMD
O boy, you funny gan.

So you are now comparing America to Nigeria eh?
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by SapeleGuy: 6:01pm On Jun 26, 2010
Sahara reporters has stood by its story and named names. It's down to the presidency to disprove this article.

Nairalanders, let us strive to tell the truth all the time regardless of whether the person is from 'your side' or not. That is the only way we can move forward.

http://www.saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/6353-president-jonathans-140-strong-delegation-to-canada-sr-stands-by-its-story.html
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Cohomology: 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2010
As far as I'm concerned Saharareporters has way more credibility than Nigeria's inept government.

I'm sure the delegates are more than 140.

That Nigeria is a very useless country, I swear.
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Onlytruth(m): 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Sahara reporters has stood by its story and named names. It's down to the presidency to disprove this article.

Nairalanders, let us strive to tell the truth all the time regardless of whether the person is from 'your side' or not. That is the only way we can move forward.

http://www.saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/6353-president-jonathans-140-strong-delegation-to-canada-sr-stands-by-its-story.html

lol! I bet you the 140 delegates would eventually play a role in the president's PDP presidential primaries.
That is how the game goes in Nigeria.
Frankly I would not expect probity from Jonathan. If he really wants to win next year or stay in office, there is no other way. Nigerians can never understand probity from him. Probity is alien to Nigeria at least at the very top; it just can't happen.

I have said it before and I would repeat it, if I were Jonathan, I would rule Nigeria for ever. Nothing will happen.
All you need is allow the stakeholders to eat. That's all.
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Cohomology: 6:11pm On Jun 26, 2010
[size=18pt][center]Goodluck Jonathan, G8 observer, storms Canada with 140 delegates[/center][/size]

Nigeria's president left for the G8 economic summit in Canada last night with a huge delegation of 140 comprising officials and hangers-on. Last week Saharareporters broke the news that Jonathan had planned to travel with a delegation of 200 people.  The expose compelled the protocol department at the presidency to reduce the numbers, but our sources said over 60 extra visa applications could not be treated because they were “incomplete.” Nigeria is one of the six African countries invited to the summit as observers, but Jonathan's delegation will be the largest of all the countries attending the event in the small resort town of Muskoka near Toronto.

It will also be bigger than all the other African countries put together.  The other African nations attending are coming with manageable delegations of about 15-20 in size, but the Nigerian delegation is already causing security nightmare for the Canadian government since Nigeria was recently designated by the US as one of the 14 countries being watched over issues of terrorism.

The Nigerian Ambassador to Canada, Professor Hagher, who was a staunch Abacha supporter, is also coordinating a series of "events" relating to enable Jonathan meet with Nigerians of the government -run Nigerian In Diaspora Organization (NIDO).  It will be recalled that two years ago, Nigerians in Canada successfully picketed the Nigerian independence anniversary celebrations there, forcing the Ambassador to stay indoors.

After lavishly enriching the town of Muskoka, Jonathan’s circus will head for London, where another set of 120 officials will join the 140 from Canada in a new foreign and economic policy that is heavy on spending and political patronage.

Analysts say Saharareporters that Jonathan's jamborees have more to do with his lack of grasp of how to run Nigeria since assuming power a few months ago, first as the "Acting president" and later as substantive president when his predecessor died in office.

“It is ridiculous that he continues to assemble these large groups for foreign travel even in a summit where we are only an observer,” one such analyst said in Abuja.  “This means he is trying to reward many people, most of whom have no contribution to the essence of a business trip.  It also means he has no conception of what it is to manage our fragile economy, as he appears to be running a government of free travel and easy estacode?  How in the world can he hope to find respect within the international community if he is squandering funds he should be using for development?”

Jonathan plans to run as president in the 2011 elections, a move a political source says is driving his policy and activities, including offering wide-ranging favors with state resources to attract political “support.” But the move is also causing a serious schism within his ruling PDP, as well as creating doubts in international circles that the next elections will be free and fair as he has continued to promise.
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Cohomology: 6:12pm On Jun 26, 2010
It seems Jonathan may be like the rest of the goats that have been selected as presidents of the failed state called Nigeria.
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Cohomology: 6:16pm On Jun 26, 2010
Or does he think that by going with the largest number of delegates the G-20 may consider including Nigeria?

How can anyone explain this aside from the strong urge by Nigerian government officials to waste, steal and embezzle public funds. very useless animals in human skin.
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Onlytruth(m): 6:16pm On Jun 26, 2010
Cohomology:

It seems Jonathan may be like the rest of the goats that have been selected as presidents of the failed state called Nigeria.

grin grin grin

When Nigerians come here to talk about Nigeria as if anything makes sense in it I wonder.

Nigeria is INCAPABLE of progressing politically as presently constituted.

Jonathan would be a fool to allow himself to be killed or ousted just because Nigerians can't think or accept the truth.

All he needs to do is protect himself in office and rule for as long as he wants. That's all.
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Ikengawo: 6:17pm On Jun 26, 2010
HAHAHAAH! i like this news! he's making a statement and obviously the man has more sense then you people cause he's the president of the most powerful black nation in the known world and you work for the canadian postal service and post threads on websites.

You people just want a reason to blame him for your poverty so everything he does is a problem. If he wants to go with more ppl then all the african nations combine then awesome, he's obviously trying to seperate himself from the pack of african nations and nigeria is better then all the african nations combine anyways.

if spain did this you will start asking why nigeria didn't do it.
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Onlytruth(m): 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2010
Jonathan should play the same script and he does not owe us sh!t. His presidency comes first. As long as he spreads the largess, he will win next year.

lmao! grin
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by SapeleGuy: 6:25pm On Jun 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

grin grin grin

When Nigerians come here to talk about Nigeria as if anything makes sense in it I wonder.

Jonathan would be a fool to allow himself to be killed or ousted just because Nigerians can't think or accept the truth.

All he needs to do is protect himself in office and rule for as long as he wants. That's all.

Cohomology and yourself have spoken well. All we need are a few good men, with integrity, courage and patriotism to fight for the national interest, but where is this national interest? all I can see so far is personal interest.
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Cohomology: 6:28pm On Jun 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

grin grin grin

But there must be something wrong inside the heads of Nigerians.

Why do we allow ourselves to be hoodwinked by too many idiots?

Only Buhari and late Idiagbon ruled that country called Nigeria with any level of decency. Idiagbon would have sent six delegates and wouldn't even bother attending. For what? Observers? Dem no get work to do?
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Onlytruth(m): 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Cohomology and yourself have spoken well. All we need are a few good men, with integrity, courage and patriotism to fight for the national interest, but where is this national interest? all I can see so far is personal interest.

Sapele let me ask you this question because I need your HONEST answer.

Do you believe that Jonathan can win elections next year without manipulating the process?

A similar question is this: Do you believe he can successfully reform Nigeria without risking his life?
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Onlytruth(m): 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2010
Cohomology:

But there must be something wrong inside the heads of Nigerians.

Why do we allow ourselves to be hoodwinked by too many idiots?

Only Buhari and late Idiagbon ruled that country called Nigeria with any level of decency. Idiagbon would have sent six delegates and wouldn't even bother attending. For what? Observers? Dem no get work to do?

So where are they today?
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by bkbabe97: 6:32pm On Jun 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

Do you believe that Jonathan can win elections next year without manipulating the process?

A similar question is this: Do you believe he can successfully reform Nigeria without risking his life?

slowpoke! YOu CANNOT (EN)FORCE POLITICAL CHANGE WITHOUT RISKING UR LIFE!!!
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Cohomology: 6:34pm On Jun 26, 2010
SapeleGuy:

There is no national interest because the average Nigerian sees himself as a member of an ethnic group way before seeing himself as a Nigerian.

Also, because the average Nigerian does not employ his/her mental faculties (hunger, poverty, sickness, no mental faculty, who knows?), we allow ourselves to be used as toys by the crooks in government to fight each other on ethnic and religious grounds. We even kill each other to make sure that certified thieves are in government just because the thief is from our ethnic group.

As long as the average Nigerian refuses to apply his/her mental faculties, all these goats, many of them pregnant he-goats, will continue to destroy whatever is left of that country called Nigeria.
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Onlytruth(m): 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2010
Cohomology:

There is no national interest because the average Nigerian sees himself as a member of an ethnic group way before seeing himself as a Nigerian.

Also, because the average Nigerian does not employ his/her mental faculties (hunger, poverty, sickness, no mental faculty, who knows?), we allow ourselves to be used as toys by the crooks in government to fight each other on ethnic and religious grounds. We even kill each other to make sure that certified thieves are in government just because the thief is from our ethnic group.

As long as the average Nigerian refuses to apply his/her mental faculties, all these goats, many of them pregnant he-goats, will continue to destroy whatever is left of that country called Nigeria.

The bolded is the biggest fallacy in your logic. There are NO AVERAGE NIGERIANS.
All the past leaders that tried to create that identity were killed or ousted in coups.
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by SapeleGuy: 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

Honestly speaking, No on both counts - 'Goat no dey born lion', rigging dey for People Demonic Party blood, Nigerians need to ignore that party and return to regional politics and federalism.

As for risking life? Once you step up to say you want to be a leader, you must be prepared for self sacrifice. That is the ultimate price for national honour- abi no be so ?
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Cohomology: 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

So where are they today?

Unfortunately, Idiagbon is late, may his soul rest in peace.

Buhari is still around, but some don't want to give him a chance. Maybe because he's Hausa/Fulani and Muslim.

I'm neither Hausa nor Muslim, but I cannot even find anyone I can trust more than Buhari to rule Nigeria, except for the likes of Wole Soyinka and maybe Pat Utomi. There are few others, not more than twenty. The rest are certified crooks, thieves, barawos! But many will support them because they're from their village.

As long as we Nigerians continue to think like sheep, goats will continue to "emerge" as our presidents.
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2010
Cohomology:

Buhari is still around, but some don't want to give him a chance. Maybe because he's Hausa/Fulani and Muslim.

I'm neither Hausa nor Muslim, but I cannot even find anyone I can trust more than Buhari to rule Nigeria, except for the likes of Wole Soyinka and maybe Pat Utomi. There are few others, not more than twenty. The rest are certified crooks, thieves, barawos! But many will support them because they're from their village.

lol
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Onlytruth(m): 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Honestly speaking, No on both counts - 'Goat no dey born lion', rigging dey for People Demonic Party blood, Nigerians need to ignore that party and return to regional politics and federalism.

As for risking life? Once you step up to say you want to be a leader, you must be prepared for self sacrifice. That is the ultimate price[b] for national honour[/b]?

grin grin grin

You and I know that a leader like Buhari actually meant well for Nigeria more than say Awo or Ojukwu. But guess who is more revered in Nigeria today?

I would not (and I don't expect Jonathan to undecided) risk my life for Nigeria.

All those who are opposing him now would calm down once he throws oil blocks at them, even the most hardened northern opposition.

Nigeria is irreparably rotten at the core (center).
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Cohomology: 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

The bolded is the biggest fallacy in your logic. There are NO AVERAGE NIGERIANS.
All the past leaders that tried to create that identity were killed or ousted in coups.

What exactly are you getting at?

Is your quarrel with the word "Nigerian" or the word "average"?
Re: Goodluck-jonathan-g8-observer-storms-canada-with-140-delegates by Onlytruth(m): 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2010
Cohomology:

What exactly are you getting at?

Is your quarrel with the word "Nigerian" or the word "average"?

Ok my problem is Nigerian. They don't exist.

I would explain more. There are about three categories of Nigerians. And Nigeria is at least three nations in one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edmund Obilo Speaking @ Civic Centre Ibadan, Today @ 2pm. Join Us! / Which Road Transport Company Is The Best In Nigeria? / Governor Lamido Berates Jonathan Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.