Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,605 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Singer Banky W And Wizkid Sued By 'blackface' Over Copyright Infringement - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Singer Banky W And Wizkid Sued By 'blackface' Over Copyright Infringement (273 Views)

Most Things 2face Has Today Were Made Possible By Blackface - Eedris Abdulkareem / "You Are A Total Idiot" - 2Face Blasts Blackface Over EndSARS Protest / Chop Life: Yomi Casual Warned By Damille Clothing Over Copyright (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Singer Banky W And Wizkid Sued By 'blackface' Over Copyright Infringement by MsDoris(f): 5:06pm On Aug 17, 2018
Nigerian singer, Blackface who was formerly a member of the defunct R&B music group 'Plantashun Boiz' which consisted of 2face Idibia, Faze and himself, has dragged popular award winning singers Banky W and Wizkid to court over what he regards as theft of his intellectual property.

The 'Hard Life' crooner who recently got sued by 2face over similar issue decided to take actions. He took to his Instagram page to make the announcement where he mentioned that he has been quiet about the issue since 2011 all because he felt lawyers shouldn’t always be involved in music.

According to Blackface, if people could sue him after stealing his songs, why not sue those who stole yours?

Read his post below:

"I have remained quiet while my name has been dragged in the mud the past few years. Some of Nigeria’s biggest artists have infringed on my copyrights but I always restricted myself to speaking out against this in the media.

Maybe because I always felt that music is an art and not really a business where you bring in lawyers and all that.That’s why I couldn’t believe when I was sued for N50m by the same people who stole my intellectual property..............

Read full details here;

https://www.mimidoris.com/2018/08/singer-banky-w-and-wizkid-sued-by.html

Re: Singer Banky W And Wizkid Sued By 'blackface' Over Copyright Infringement by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2018
undecided

This guy will one day sue all the nigeria musicians, then he will start abroad with fifty cent
Re: Singer Banky W And Wizkid Sued By 'blackface' Over Copyright Infringement by Valuexchange(m): 5:18pm On Aug 17, 2018
bLACKFACE Again

(1) (Reply)

Jan Sex Doll, Feb Snake And 36m, See March Till August Own Lol / Caption This Photo Of President Buhari / 'be Happy With Your Marriage And Stop Beating Your Wife' - Timaya Tells 'politic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.