Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

How Is South Africa Hosting So Far? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Is South Africa Hosting So Far? (615 Views)

10 Highest Paid Players In La Liga So Far This Season / Records Lionel Messi Has Broken So Far / Is South Africa 2010 Worth The Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is South Africa Hosting So Far? by RSA(m): 10:30am On Jun 24, 2010
I know that in life you're often not praised when you do something good,or as they say good news don't sell.But I want to hear from you guys what do you think of the organisation, of this world cup and what impression do you have,good or bad.
Re: How Is South Africa Hosting So Far? by mukina2: 10:54am On Jun 24, 2010
[s]well we haven't heard stories of xenophoobia YET[/s]

grin

So far it's been good, aside from the vuvuzela, the fans have been greattttt grin
Re: How Is South Africa Hosting So Far? by Acidosis(m): 11:11am On Jun 24, 2010
[color=#770077][/color]
Except for the Nigerian guy caught stealing some tickets
Re: How Is South Africa Hosting So Far? by Iyineda(m): 11:41am On Jun 24, 2010
Positives:
- The stadia and pitches: gorgeous
- A growing musical pattern in the use of the vuvuzelas
- Security doesn't seem to be an issue (anymore)
- A very festive ambiance (to be expected for such a worldwide event)
- The weather grin

Negatives:
- Half-empty stadia during certain matches of the caliber of a WC
- Some South African fans leaving the stadium 20 minutes before the end of the match between the Bafana Bafana and Uruguay.
Re: How Is South Africa Hosting So Far? by RSA(m): 11:59am On Jun 24, 2010
mukina2:

[s]well we haven't heard stories of xenophoobia YET[/s]

grin

So far it's been good, aside from the vuvuzela, the fans have been greattttt grin

Vuvu stays, grin you can't beat them then just join them Muki grin
Xenophobia,racism or tribalism is everywhere we can't run from that reality,but I am happy that we are finding solutions.

Acidosis:

[color=#770077][/color]
Except for the Nigerian guy caught stealing some tickets

But that does not have effect on the hosting or does it?

@Iyenda more positives than negatives I guess it means positive grin

(1) (Reply)

Eagles Are Overrated –okocha ! / Who Won Btw Murray And Djokovic? / Football Greeting Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.