Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

It Is Time To Make Peace In Rivers APC – Magnus Abe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Time To Make Peace In Rivers APC – Magnus Abe (781 Views)

Senator Magnus Abe Aligns With Wike / Amaechi’s Men On The Loose In Rivers APC – Magnus Abe Roars / I Have Not Left APC - Magnus Abe Denies Leaving Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Time To Make Peace In Rivers APC – Magnus Abe by Brookinfo(m): 12:16am On Aug 18, 2018
Governorship aspirant of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers State, Senator Magnus Ngei Abe, has declared that the time has come for members of the party to sink their differences and allow peace to reign in the party’s fold in the State.

Abe, who made the declaration while speaking at the commissioning of the new APC secretariat in Port Harcourt, said the proper thing for members of the party to do is to look for ways of achieving peace within the party in the state.

“Let me say that time has come for us to make peace in the party. People should not see peace as defeat. Peace is what we need to move the party forward”.

“Let me also say that sending people to come and shoot members of our party will not bring peace. Sending people to begin a campaign of calumny against members of the party will not bring peace”.

“The proper thing for us to do is to begin to look for things that will bring us together. I want to say without fear or favour, we need a united APC in Rivers State. That is why this secretariat is open to every member of the party, who is desirous of victory for the party”.

“Nobody wants the present contraption, called a government to continue in our state. We want a change; we want true change and true progress”.

“We want true prosperity. We can achieve that in an atmosphere of mutual respect not just for each other, but even for the opposition”.

“We can achieve that in an atmosphere of peace that respects the rights of other people and be ready to accommodate the voices of dissent,” the senator said.

Abe, who is the Senator representing Rivers South-East Senatorial District in the National Assembly, said the new secretariat is open to all members of the APC in the state irrespective of affiliation.

“I thank all members of our great party, the All Progressives Congress in Rivers State, particularly members of the State Executive Committee of our party, who had stood resolutely in ensuring that we gather here today”.

“It is important that we remember that this executive of our party is the only executive of this party that was put together by all groups in the party. There is no group that did not participate in putting this executive together”.

“The executive is therefore open to everybody in the party. This is the executive that was in place when the court gave the order that the party should return to status quo. It voided the congresses at that time”.

“Let me say that, therefore, in view of the existing legal situation in the All Progressives Congress in Rivers State, this is the only executive that has no legal impediment. It is therefore open to all members of this party and can serve every interest”.

“I want to associate myself with them. I can say that I support them and I stand with them because this is the only executive that is open to everybody”.

“This is the only secretariat where you do not have to preach any message of hate against any individual before you can enter”.

“As long as you believe in APC, as long as you believe in Buhari and you know that Oshiomhole is our chairman, this secretariat is your own”.

“You do not have to like Senator Abe before you can come here; you do not have to hate our leader, Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi before you can come here. You do not have to hate anybody before you can come here. As far as you are a member of APC, you are welcome” he noted.

Earlier in his welcome address, Acting Chairman of APC in the State, Prince Peter Odike, urged all members of the party in the state to sink their differences and join hands to move the party forward.

Odike, who was represented by the Party’s Legal Adviser, Chieme Chienweikpe, said unfortunate events in the last few months forced the party to relocate.

He said: “You are very much aware of the unfortunate events in the last two months which necessitated the relocation of the secretariat from Old GRA to where we are today”.

“As we prepare to take off on this pedestal, I plead with us to sink our individual differences that tried to polarize our party in the past months,” Odike said.

https://brookinfo.com/its-time-to-make-peace-in-rivers-apc-magnus-abe/

Re: It Is Time To Make Peace In Rivers APC – Magnus Abe by Swaycater(m): 12:33am On Aug 18, 2018
Oku Di Over
Re: It Is Time To Make Peace In Rivers APC – Magnus Abe by ufuosman(m): 1:18am On Aug 18, 2018
Big confusion in Apc Rivers state. With dis alone PDP will win Rivers state clean and clear

1 Like

Re: It Is Time To Make Peace In Rivers APC – Magnus Abe by seanfer(m): 1:31am On Aug 18, 2018
Magnus Abe is trying to bite the finger that fed him... He shouldn’t forget so soon how Amaechi fought for him to claim back his Senatorial Seat stolen by Olaka Nworgu and PDP, now he trying to devide the party... I’m sure he’s not going back to the Senate and he will also not get the Governoship ticket... Ojukaye Flag Amachree is the recognized State Chairman..

3 Likes

Re: It Is Time To Make Peace In Rivers APC – Magnus Abe by WisdomFlakes: 5:24am On Aug 18, 2018
It seems someone or people may be sponsoring this Abe fellow in order to divide APC in Rivers and in effect undermine Chibuike Amaechi's influence in the state. While some may be quick to blame Wike, that may not turn out to be the case. What is certain is that Abe is ready to polarize APC in Rivers over his ambition. And per chance that he becomes governor, he will readily defect from the party to further weaken it.

But this shouldn't come as a surprise because in politics and democracy betrayals are like 5 & 6. E.g, El-Rufai switched camps from being an Atiku loyalist to Buhari loyalist all because of political Ambition, Rochas is having to fight his erstwhile loyalists in Imo to remain influential, OUK and T. Orji, Peter Obi & Willie Obiano, Tinibu and some of his former loyalists, Akpabio & Udom, and the list goes on. Politics is too dirty.

1 Like

Re: It Is Time To Make Peace In Rivers APC – Magnus Abe by donbachi(m): 6:22am On Aug 18, 2018
For rivers state apc to have peace of minds...let me give them my own piece of mind...both factions should go and sleep.
Re: It Is Time To Make Peace In Rivers APC – Magnus Abe by chomchom1(f): 6:49am On Aug 18, 2018
Political statement... When you're coming for another war undecided
Re: It Is Time To Make Peace In Rivers APC – Magnus Abe by aolawale025: 10:14am On Aug 18, 2018
Rivers APC is clearly on a path of self destruction

(1) (Reply)

How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage / Osun Poll : Presidency Intervenes As S/W APC Blocs Engage In Supremacy Battle. / Kwara 2019: Mohammed Lawal’s Son Joins Governorship Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.