Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

How To Get Through With Your Kids During The Holiday - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Get Through With Your Kids During The Holiday (336 Views)

How To Engage Kids During The Holiday / Five Ways To Teach Your Kids Table Manners / Would You Dress Your Kids Like This? See Reactions (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Through With Your Kids During The Holiday by Gracevalue: 1:16am On Aug 18, 2018
Today is the 16th day into the school holiday and every parent knows how tasking it can be to engaged with the kids and maintain peace this period. Most parents are already screaming on social media asking when the school will be back to session.

Meanwhile, I don’t buy the idea of holiday/summer school. I believe in giving children the desired break outside the school curriculum activities. Engaging them in vocational skills is perfect but since I am yet to get any for my kids, these are some of the tips I implore to get them engaged and still maintain my sanity.

Let them give you ideas of what they want to engage in. Imposing a particular game for them without actually knowing what they want to do, don’t always go down well. You will be more at peace when there’re doing their own thing as long as they are safe.

Get involved with their activities. Even with your tight schedule or how difficult it may seem, try and create time and play games like hide and seek with them. They become less cranky and give you the desired space when most needed.

Create room for outdoor activities. Kids get bored easily and life outside their immediate environment makes them excited and makes them tired too, therefore having less energy to bother you.

Give them room to explore. Kids will always be kids, don’t expect to have a perfect house this period, allow them to have fun, their rooms will get scattered once in a while, don’t bother screaming down your neck. Let them explore in a safe place or under a close watch.

Engage them in some house chores. This is a good way to engage them, my 5 year old son takes close to 45minutes to lay his bed and funny enough he enjoys it because he boost about it to his friends. There’re a lot of chores you can engage the kids with and trust me, they will love them.

Invite their friends over and let them return the visit by so doing they share new ideas of games to try out. If it’s possible consider doing a family swap.

Don’t forget to buy new toys for them this period. You know how kids like new things and how they tend to engage to something new. This will help maintain your peace for a period of time this period.

Is there other ways you are using to get through with your kids during this period?

Please share.

More on � http://www.gracevalue.com/get-kids-holiday/

Re: How To Get Through With Your Kids During The Holiday by dessywayne(m): 1:44am On Aug 18, 2018

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Hibiscus Sangria / The French-cuban Twins Who Sing In Yoruba / Nairalanders Help. Help In Win This 40,000.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.