Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office (15761 Views)

PHOTOS: Buhari Celebrates Last Sallah In Aso Rock, Says ‘I Can’t Wait To Go Home / Ortom Among Nine Governors Will Return To APC – Agbese / Nine Governors Behind Attempt To Re-Classify Minimum Wage – NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by Islie: 5:20am On Aug 18, 2018
By Abdulkareem Baba Aminu

Nine out of Nigeria’s 36 governors will next week mark their last Eid in office, after witnessing a good number of the yearly celebrations since coming into office over seven years ago.

The state governors, who are Muslims, include (in alphabetical order) AbdulAziz Yari of Zamfara, Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara, Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo, Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun, Ibrahim Geidam of Yobe, Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo of Gombe, Kashim Shettima of Borno, Tanko Almakura of Nassarawa, and Ogbeni Rauf Aregebesola of Osun.

Most of the governors, especially those who first came into office on May 29, 2011 (Borno, Gombe, Kwara, Nassarawa, Ogun, Oyo and Zamfara) witnessed two Sallah celebrations every year beginning with their first Eid-el-Fitr in August, 2011 followed by Eid-el-Kabir in November of the same year. The seven governors will be marking their 16th Eid next week.

Governor Aregebesola of Osun, who came in November 2010, narrowly missed the Eid-el-Kabir that held about a week before the appeal court declared him on November 26, 2010. He will also be marking his 16th Eid next week.
Governor of Yobe, Ibrahim Gaidam, has witnessed more Sallah celebrations in office than any of the others, beginning from 2009. He was elected as Deputy Governor in 2007, but succeeded Governor Mamman Ali, who died in January, 2009.

While Aregebesola will hand over this year, the others will be completing their second terms on May 29, 2019, incidentally a few days before another Sallah.

The 2019 Eid-el Fitr is expected to hold within the first week of June 2019, when newly-elected governors are expected to have taken over in Borno, Gombe, Kwara, Nassarawa, Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Yobe and Zamfara states.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nine-governors-to-mark-last-sallah-in-office-266347.html
Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by HungerBAD: 5:23am On Aug 18, 2018
Good riddance.

And what exactly are the legacies they are leaving behind?i am sure leaving the States more indebted. Has any Governor ever left surplus or even a balanced sheet in Nigeria?

25 Likes

Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by Sniper4real(m): 5:23am On Aug 18, 2018
Hmm
Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by Firefire(m): 6:11am On Aug 18, 2018
Can they please tell us their achievement as per good governance?

3 Likes

Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:17am On Aug 18, 2018
Let me go and look for the importance of this news angry

6 Likes

Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by fahren(m): 8:38am On Aug 18, 2018
And Buhari too

4 Likes

Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by theoldpretender(m): 8:39am On Aug 18, 2018
HungerBAD:
Good riddance.

And what exactly are the legacies they are leaving behind?i am sure leaving the States more indebted. Has any Governor ever left surplus or even a balanced sheet in Nigeria?

Problem with Nigeria is Nigerians see their economy as a cake that must be shared, not as a piece of land that must be developed and made profitable.

And if we split the country, the problem is going to remain the same...

Like people, like governors.

That's why I don't support a Sopverign national conference, restructuring or even division, not because they are bad or wrong ideas, but because we need to change our mindset as well...or else there would be fighting over resources again. And it won't end well.

2 Likes

Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by fk001(m): 8:39am On Aug 18, 2018
What's the essence of this news?

4 Likes

Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by flexyrule(m): 8:40am On Aug 18, 2018
Dumb Dumber Dumbest thread ever!
What's the essence of this rubbish thread?

Little minds discuss people, small minds discuss events, great minds discuss ideas.
95% of information here are about people and events.

4 Likes

Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by kennosklint(m): 8:40am On Aug 18, 2018
They have spent all the eight years looting Nigerians Treasure and after they vacate office next they will either become ministers or senators etc . Nigeria is doomed

2 Likes

Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:40am On Aug 18, 2018
Is Buhari even back sef?

This is his last Sallah as President...

Femi, Lai and other silent looters should start packing their properties..

Hardship Merchants

1 Like

Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:40am On Aug 18, 2018
HungerBAD:
Good riddance.

Peter Obi our next VP left surplus in Anambra
Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by vickzie(m): 8:40am On Aug 18, 2018
they'd mark the next Salah and many other Salahs to come in the national assembly
Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by SuperBlack: 8:41am On Aug 18, 2018
And Buhari also
Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by femijamz: 8:41am On Aug 18, 2018
Make Dem dey go joor
Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by HungerBAD: 8:41am On Aug 18, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:

Okay thanks for that info.

6 Likes

Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by theoldpretender(m): 8:42am On Aug 18, 2018
PresidentAtiku:
Is Buhari even back sef?

This is his last Sallah as President...

Femi, Lai and other silent looters should start packing their properties..

Hardship Merchants

So you can let in another set of harship merchants....who you like because they are on your side, eh?

1 Like

Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by ikept(m): 8:42am On Aug 18, 2018
Instead of making a mark on the lives of their citizens....
Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by SuperBlack: 8:43am On Aug 18, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Whoever Takes Peter Obi as Running Met gets my vote

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:46am On Aug 18, 2018
theoldpretender:

So you can let in another set of harship merchants....who you like because they are on your side, eh?
Progressives you mean

Tested an Trusted..

Buhari tried in 1983 and 2015... What is similar to both tenures Pains, Setback, retrogression, blames and hardship...

We owe our children a great future
Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by TheShopKeeper(m): 8:46am On Aug 18, 2018
...whoever wrote this news deserves to be suspended...what it's relevancy...
Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by SexTin(f): 8:47am On Aug 18, 2018
Happy Sallah Then. Check My Siggy.
Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by theoldpretender(m): 8:48am On Aug 18, 2018
PresidentAtiku:
Progressives you mean

Tested an Trusted..

Buhari tried in 1983 and 2015... What is similar to both tenures Pains, Setback, retrogression, blames and hardship...

We owe our children a great future

Thanks, but I don't want APC or PDP (or Atiku either) again.

I prefer we Nigerians look for one of the other parties, and vote in new guys.

Not the same old same old.
Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by guterKerl: 8:49am On Aug 18, 2018
How is this even a news. Daily Trust smh
Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:49am On Aug 18, 2018
theoldpretender:

Thanks, but I don't want APC or PDP (or Atiku either) again.

I prefer we Nigerians look for one of the other parties, and vote in new guys.

Not the same old same old.
Well..... You have a point..But can you see what our young APC governor is doing in Kogi state?
Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by Dollabiz: 8:51am On Aug 18, 2018
Oh
Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by ipobarethieves: 8:51am On Aug 18, 2018
sad wetin consign us.
Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by bot101(m): 8:52am On Aug 18, 2018
HungerBAD:
Good riddance.

Peter Obi cool
Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by talk2rotman(m): 8:54am On Aug 18, 2018
fayose d bravest.... live Dat guy for his personality
Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by Adduce(m): 8:54am On Aug 18, 2018
Ur thoughts create ur feelings, ur feelings create ur actions and the quality of ur action determines ur results....that's how we got here!! Thanks to all our leaders!!!

Re: Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office by HungerBAD: 8:56am On Aug 18, 2018
bot101:

Peter Obi cool

Somebody wrote it earlier. Thanks too. I did not know about that. That is the next VP.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo / We’ll Accept The Challenge If You Make Family A Campaign Issue, Presidency Tells / Sudan Deports 400 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.