Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu (15939 Views)

I Call On US Government To Arrest Jonathan - Farouk Aliyu (Throwback Video) / Osinbajo Got Buhari's Approval To Sack Lawal Daura For 'Working For Saraki' - SR / AUDIO: Offa Bank Robbery Suspect Confesses To Be Working For Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by midolian(m): 6:17am On Aug 18, 2018
As for Saraki, we shall remove him. Let him convene the National Assembly. We are slowly getting the signatures of those that will impeach him.

• Northern elders can’t stop Buhari in 2019

[A close ally of President Muhammadu Buhari and former Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, Farouk Adamu Aliyu believes that the Senate President, Bukola Saraki will be impeached when the National Assembly reconvenes. In this interview with WILLY EYA, he dismissed one of the conspiracy theories that President Buhari may not contest next year’s presidential election, even as he frowned at the idea of Northern Elders Forum led by Prof Ango Abdullahi searching for another presidential candidate to replace President Buhari in 2019.

In an interview with Saturday Sun, the Chairman of Northern Elders Forum, Prof Ango Abdullahi said the North is shopping for a suitable candidate that will replace President Muhammadu Buhari in next year’s general elections. As one of the core supporters of the President, how does his statement come to you?

First of all, President Buhari is not the candidate of the North but Nigeria as a whole. So, anybody in the Northern part of the country who thinks they are still looking for a candidate from the North, we wish them well. Prof Ango Abdullahi is entitled to his opinion and we cannot stop anybody from seeking or searching for a candidate. To us, we believe in this country and we believe that some of these kinds of comments are divisive in nature. Why talk about a candidate from the North.

His argument is that since the major political parties have zoned their presidential tickets to the North, the zone should carefully select a candidate that has more capacity in terms of delivering quality leadership to the nation.

First of all, Prof Ango Abdullahi is a father to me but I do not think he belongs to any political party. So, Prof Abdullahi and his group cannot decide for any party who its candidate should be. Yes, they could support somebody if they do not believe in Buhari because they are entitled to their opinion. Let them produce anybody who can defeat Buhari in 2019. We are in a democracy. There is nothing wrong in bringing forward anybody who can contest against Buhari. If the person is better than Buhari, so be it. Let the people decide.

As an insider, could you clarify the issue that members of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), one of the legacy parties that formed the All Progressives Congress (APC) have been schemed out of the ruling party’s power equation?

It is not true. I, Hon Farouk Adamu Aliyu contested to be Deputy National Chairman from the CPC bloc but I lost the election. Why should we be talking about the ACN or nPDP now? Our name is APC and if we cannot be magnanimous in victory or when we lose elections, then we are not going to move forward. This is the issue. I do not subscribe to the idea of former CPC, ACN and so on members complaining. This is because we are now called the APC. If members of the CPC complain, what do you expect members of other parties to say when Buhari who is of the CPC is the president? So, how can anybody who was a member of the CPC feel shortchanged. Is the seat of the president not more important than any other position? Somebody told me that some groups of the CPC were reported in the media to be complaining but I dissociate myself from them. I am not part of such a group and I do not subscribe to their position. I am a strict party person and I believe in democracy. I contested gubernatorial election on the platform of the CPC and I lost. In every election, there must be a winner and a loser. So, if anybody thinks I lost because I belonged to the CPC, I do not think so.

Buhari is of the CPC and all other parties came together to vote for Buhari to become the candidate in 2014. And as of today, there is no other aspirant from the other parties who have come out to challenge Buhari who came from the CPC. So, my colleagues from the former CPC bloc, please I appeal to them to see reason in democracy and believe that we went to an election and lost. We should work together and make sure that the APC wins the 2019 polls.

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by midolian(m): 6:18am On Aug 18, 2018
Are you comfortable with the leadership style of the new national chairman of your party, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole. I ask this question against the position of some people who argue that he operates like a dictator and that he appears to be too flippant.

If I answer you this question, I would be very subjective because I was the Director General of Adams Oshiomhole Campaign Organisation. As for me, I totally subscribe to the way he does his things. If we in the APC were used to doing certain things in some ways, he came with new tactics and his tactics need time but some people do not understand. People were used to a certain way and another way has been introduced. After sometime, people would understand his tactics. The important thing is that he wants the party to win. Adams is doing very well and a lot of us in the party are very happy with him. You cannot say he is talking too much. He is talking to power and we are pleased with the way he is talking. He should keep talking. If you bring somebody that is quiet, people will say why did you bring somebody that is too quiet and if you bring somebody that talks, people will again say why did you bring somebody who talks too much.

One of the speculations in the public domain is that former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Alhaji Babagana Kingibe is being positioned to replace Buhari in the event that the president declines to run. As an insider in Buhari’s government, how true is that?

Before I answer that question, let me confirm to you that President Buhari is contesting. I just came back from London where I had a meeting with him and he has indicated to the party that he would run. But if anybody is willing to contest against Buhari in 2019, there is no problem. Buhari is a democrat and if Kingibe wants to contest against Buhari, he is welcome. If we go to the poll and Buhari is defeated, we will join hands and work for the person. Just like I told you, I contested election on the platform of the CPC which is of the Buhari bloc and I lost but I have been working for the APC since then. If anybody tells you that they want to remove Buhari, it is a lie. Buhari can only be removed at the polls. He can either be defeated at the primaries or at the elections proper.

http://sunnewsonline.com/collecting-signatures-sarakis-impeachment-farouk-aliyu/

Lalasticlala
Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by GOATandYAMtheory: 6:31am On Aug 18, 2018
cheesy cheesy

If Saraki likes, let him convene the National assembly after General elections next year, he will still be removed

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by chriskosherbal(m): 6:31am On Aug 18, 2018
This 2019 general election is just generating heat ...dear lord let it be peaceful and no lost of lives.

See signature

7 Likes

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by Nogodye(m): 6:31am On Aug 18, 2018
Some people in government are confident in removing saraki...I will be happy if their dream come through.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by AroleOduduwa(m): 6:37am On Aug 18, 2018
It’s all about 2019
Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by midolian(m): 6:40am On Aug 18, 2018
Nogodye:
Some people in government are confident in removing saraki...I will be happy if their dream come through.
Even Saraki is scared. He doesnt trust his PDP goons. Getting their signatures to impeach him might be easier than banging the gavel

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by haryorbarmie83(m): 6:42am On Aug 18, 2018
Good development. It's sweetening me.
Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by abokibuhari: 6:44am On Aug 18, 2018
They will fail again grin

When they meet, they will adjourn till January

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by Corrinthians(m): 6:45am On Aug 18, 2018
They should do this quietly. No need keeping the enemy abreast of to your intents or manoeuvres. In addition, I hope you've gotten rid of all the enemies within- they are the most dangerous saboteurs.

Sai Osinbajo. Slayer of PDP supporters and president in waiting after Baba. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by midolian(m): 6:46am On Aug 18, 2018
abokibuhari:
They will fail again grin

When they meet, they will adjourn till January

Na only God get power to postpone judgement day grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by Racoon(m): 6:47am On Aug 18, 2018
Always gathering & collecting signatures but never able to walk the talk.Saraki have survived the worst hence far better than the whole of APC put together.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by Nogodye(m): 6:48am On Aug 18, 2018
midolian:
Even Saraki is scared. He doesnt trust his PDP goons. Getting their signatures to impeach him might be easier than banging the gavel
If saraki mistakenly travel outside the country,he will come back to realise that some so called Saraki loyalists in NASS has betray him by appending their signature to his impeachment letter.That's why he's always beware of his move.

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by abokibuhari: 6:53am On Aug 18, 2018
midolian:

Na only God get power to postpone judgement day grin grin
Baba Saraki is in charge, for those thinking about taking Kwara, make una go collect Lagos state for Tinubu hand first grin

Una never see something

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by gare(f): 7:00am On Aug 18, 2018
midolian:
As for Saraki, we shall remove him. Let him convene the National Assembly. We are slowly getting the signatures of those that will impeach him.

• Northern elders can’t stop Buhari in 2019

Why do you need to announce your collection of signature wait till the house reconvenes and then impeach him since you have the numbers, everyday Saraki this, Saraki that what is it, is Sakari now governance, why can you guys do something else, everybody in APC from Chairman to the least person here on Nairaland will not let people be because of just one man.

This is Just one man and the whole of APC has refused to sleep, tomorrow it will be someone else. I thought you guys said he is of no electoral value but still we would not rest.

Please i need to take some snacks will get back to you guys later, Saraki is not making me fast, infact he has increased my appetite grin grin grin grin grin

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by tigerclaws: 7:00am On Aug 18, 2018
[s]
midolian:
[/s]
gworo seller good morning
all you guys do is rant

15 Likes

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by shedy03(m): 7:01am On Aug 18, 2018
Always collecting signatures. Useless senators wasting our money.

4 Likes

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:18am On Aug 18, 2018
midolian:

Make una impeach am naa.How many months una won take collect signatures. Haba!!!

7 Likes

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by midolian(m): 7:20am On Aug 18, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Make una impeach am naa.How many months una won take collect signatures. Haba!!!
Make Una resume plenary na. How many months Una won dey on break?

4 Likes

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:26am On Aug 18, 2018
midolian:
Make Una resume plenary na. How many months Una won dey on break?

Plenary was adjourned to September 25.Are we yet in September? Shebi you people said he will be removed anyhow without recourse to the rule of law. Oshiomhole should go ahead and reconvene the Senate and carry out his impeachment threat.

You have been shouting reconvene but do you have 73 signatures?

14 Likes

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by adebayo3449(m): 7:28am On Aug 18, 2018
Once you leave the party you turn to a bad person.
All these our politicians sha.
PDP will also do the same if it is vice versa.
Well thier business.

This is my business
Check my signature for your customized wristbands,we deliver nationwide

3 Likes

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by Racoon(m): 7:33am On Aug 18, 2018
So Saraki have now become everything about governance today in Nigeria APC is made up of very useless people.

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by Rekyz(m): 7:33am On Aug 18, 2018
Is Saraki's removal part of their job description?

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 18, 2018
If it's constitutional to remove him because of his "defection" then they may continue trying but if this is part of APC's desperation, then "e no go better for APC and their supporters" for disgracing the giant of Africa.

10 Likes

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by RevenGeMission: 7:39am On Aug 18, 2018
Make Una do sharp sharp, i hear say Saraki don cancel him Hajj he don dey run come house ??

No peace for the wicked

Oloshi

But i still insist Akpabio should not replace saraki as SP

if he does , I'm starting my campaign for Sowore

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by Nbote(m): 7:50am On Aug 18, 2018
Who else thinks dis ppl jus talk too much and dat is exactly why Saraki kips outwitting dem... If U want are getting signatures jus like U claim, why not kip quiet and wait till plenary resumes Which kind dumb ppl dey APC sef
Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:50am On Aug 18, 2018
Me think Saraki decamped very early giving his political opponents ample time to distract and disturb his peace!

This his mistake will cost him!

It is too early to show ALL his cards undecided

Though Saraki is a political guru, let's see how it plays out!

4 Likes

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by BrutusOj(m): 8:03am On Aug 18, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Me think Saraki decamped very early giving his political opponents ample time to distract and disturb his peace!

This his mistake will cost him!

It is too early to show ALL his cards undecided

Though Saraki is a political guru, let's see how it plays out!
If he had waited longer, APC would have mess him up big time. He did the right thing.

11 Likes

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by BruncleZuma: 8:07am On Aug 18, 2018
Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by Abfinest007(m): 8:08am On Aug 18, 2018
buhari has alway being a failure n he will remain a failure as far as saraki is concern
Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by naijapips04: 8:08am On Aug 18, 2018
Nairaland is so Pro-APC its disgusting.

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment' – Farouk Aliyu by Metuh: 8:09am On Aug 18, 2018
good luck. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Asks Court To Stop Buhari, Security Agencies From Interfering With Electio / How Did General Ironsi Overtake Wellington Bassey In Rank? / Fayose: I Will Defeat Tinubu As APC Candidate If PDP Fields Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.