Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Usain Bolt Arrives In Australia For Football Trial - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usain Bolt Arrives In Australia For Football Trial (341 Views)

Usain Bolt Trains With Borrusia Dortmund Team In Germany (Photos) / Usain Bolt Signs For Mamelodi Sundowns, South African Football Club / Usain Bolt's Feet Causes Commotion On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Usain Bolt Arrives In Australia For Football Trial by teddynaijaboy: 11:21am On Aug 18, 2018
Usain Bolt has arrived in Australia for a football trial as he says he’s deadly serious about becoming a professional footballer and plans to show the world what he’s capable of.

The superstar athlete has been given the chance to prove his worth by A-League club Central Coast Mariners, who have agreed to let him train with the team indefinitely in his pursuit of a playing contract.

The eight-time Olympic gold medallist and 11-time world champion touched down in Sydney early on Saturday for what the Mariners are calling an “indefinite training period.”

Draped in a club scarf following the 14-hour flight from Los Angeles, Bolt briefly greeted a small bunch of Mariners fans at the Sydney international airport on Saturday.

He told the waiting pack that the trial was “for real” and he was excited to hit the training paddock on Tuesday. He said;

“I always put my best foot forward and I’m going to show the world what I’m made of,”

“This is real,”

“I’ve said since my last season of track and field that I want to play football and I know what I can do.

“I’m grateful to the Mariners for giving me the opportunity and am happy to call Australia home for now.”

The club hopes to turn him into A-League material in just three months, with a view to offering the Jamaican a full-time contract in time for the start of the 2018-19 season in late-October.

Source: https://lailasnews.com/usain-bolt-arrives-in-australia-for-football-trial/

Lalasticlala

Re: Usain Bolt Arrives In Australia For Football Trial by Waakanda: 1:33pm On Aug 18, 2018
All-round man cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

UK Smoking Law: Sarri To Stop Smoking For 2-years At Chelsea / Fred Dismisses Mourinho-player Rifts Rumors: Reveals Secret Of Dressing Room / The Great Walk-offs - When Players Have Had Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.