Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

2019 Election Won’t Be Postponed – INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election Won’t Be Postponed – INEC (215 Views)

Dogara Raises Alarm Over 2019 Election / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019 Election Won’t Be Postponed – INEC by theJournalng(m): 11:35am On Aug 18, 2018
Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mahmood Yakubu, on Friday, affirmed that the 2019 presidential elections won’t be postponed.

Yakubu during his chat with State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, said, “I have said this over and over again, there are no conditions under which elections should be postponed, under section 26 of the Electoral Act, the date is formed and fixed is February 16, 2019.”

“We issued the timetable way in advance for the very first time in the history of our nation, citizens of Nigeria know when elections will take place one year in advance. It has never happen before.”

“Secondly, also for the very first time in the history of our country, that citizens know the budget of the electoral commission, that budget has never been defended before the National Assembly, as citizens know line by line how much the Commission proposed, what the money is going to be spent on, I think I am very happy with this process.”

“About the virement, well, we have made the clarification that the National Assembly asked for and I am happy that the National Assembly and the two committees on INEC expressed satisfaction on the clarification that we made for the matter of appropriation. So we look forward to hearing what the National Assembly will say.”

According to the Yakubu, INEC requested for N189.2 billion, which he claimed is what the executive proposed to the National Assembly.

“So there are no discrepancies in the figures at all,” the commission chairman added.

Source: Journalng.com

https://journalng.com/2018/08/17/2019-general-election-wont-postponed-inec-chairman/
Re: 2019 Election Won’t Be Postponed – INEC by somito121(m): 11:49am On Aug 18, 2018
As far as I am concerned, politics in Nigeria is all about self interest. Professor Attahiru Jega really tried..

(1) (Reply)

Pension Arrears: Edo Govt Screens Pensioners In Batch 45 For Payment / Okowa Emerges Best Governor In 2018 Good Governance Poll / President Buhari Physically Fit For 2nd Term - Presidency Replies Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.