Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,441 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Should INEC Make It Compulsory For President And Governorships Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should INEC Make It Compulsory For President And Governorships Debate (429 Views)

Electoral Act Versus Supreme Court: Which One Should INEC Obey? / #EdoDecides2020 LIVE UPDATES: Governorships Election Results / OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should INEC Make It Compulsory For President And Governorships Debate by jamjo: 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2018
As citizen, I'll like to See INEC make it mandatory for Presidential and Governorship aspirants for a nationwide and statewide Debate with conditions to be met to be included in the debate and if any of the parties meet the conditions but failed to appear in the debate, the party Will be disqualified from participating in the election.

1 Like

Re: Should INEC Make It Compulsory For President And Governorships Debate by alterswerve(m): 8:24pm On Aug 18, 2018
Like if they should make it compulsory

Share if they shouldn't

2 Likes

Re: Should INEC Make It Compulsory For President And Governorships Debate by Shelumiel: 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2018
They should make it compulsory so that people can actually know the mindset and character of those they are voting for .

1 Like

Re: Should INEC Make It Compulsory For President And Governorships Debate by Blue3k(m): 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2018
I would like debates and have them mail PVC to voters. This would end issue of uncollected pvc cards. The postal service is alive and the cost can be transferred to voters. Personally I dont feel need to force debates considering these guys will just blow hot air to hype their base up.
Re: Should INEC Make It Compulsory For President And Governorships Debate by omohayek: 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2018
I think it would be an excellent idea for debates to be made mandatory, for one simple reason: it will expose those candidates who are totally lacking in brainpower to put up even half-sensible responses to any challenges or questions that might come their way. In particular, it would have exposed right from the start that Buhari simply doesn't have what it takes upstairs to be running the economy of a nation of 180 million people - and I say this as someone who thinks GEJ was not just incompetent but a gigantic thief to boot.

If mandatory debates are held, and it becomes glaringly obvious that certain candidates don't have what it takes to be President, then the masses will have no one but themselves to blame for the consequences, and they won't even be able to deny that the fault is theirs by shifting blame onto mysterious "elites" in far off Abuja, seeing as the evidence was right before their eyes before they went to vote.

2 Likes

Re: Should INEC Make It Compulsory For President And Governorships Debate by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:09am On Aug 21, 2018
omohayek:
I think it would be an excellent idea for debates to be made mandatory, for one simple reason: it will expose those candidates who are totally lacking in brainpower to put up even half-sensible responses to any challenges or questions that might come their way. In particular, it would have exposed right from the start that Buhari simply doesn't have what it takes upstairs to be running the economy of a nation of 180 million people - and I say this as someone who thinks GEJ was not just incompetent but a gigantic thief to boot.

If mandatory debates are held, and it becomes glaringly obvious that certain candidates don't have what it takes to be President, then the masses will have no one but themselves to blame for the consequences, and they won't even be able to deny that the fault is theirs by shifting blame onto mysterious "elites" in far off Abuja, seeing as the evidence was right before their eyes before they went to vote.
we don't need debates
Simple town halls or journalists interviews will do
Re: Should INEC Make It Compulsory For President And Governorships Debate by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:47am On Aug 23, 2018
Blue3k:
I would like debates and have them mail PVC to voters. This would end issue of uncollected pvc cards. The postal service is alive and the cost can be transferred to voters. Personally I dont feel need to force debates considering these guys will just blow hot air to hype their base up.
simple town halls or even call in programs will suffice

(1) (Reply)

69 FG Projects Ongoing In S/east – Minister / Alex Otti's Desperate Past Is Haunting Him Now. / Aggrieved Party Members Burn Down PDP Party House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.