Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! (6262 Views)

My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie / Learn How To Create Websites With Python(Django Web Framework) / Data Science With Python Tutorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 10:05pm On Aug 18, 2018
I salute all nairalanders in the house, most especially those that are into programming and to all aspiring programmers. I started to learn programming languages' "python, JavaScript and php" but with more interest in python. So, I wish to share my experience with both the expert and the beginners. So for the newbies it is a tutorial but for the experts it is a room to encourage, motivate and inspire the learning of python. Let's set the ball rolling.

2 Likes

Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2018
In my journey with python, I got no mentor or motivator. So I started by watching YouTube video and I will encourage beginners like I do to start their learning using this procedure, one of this is EDUREKA. I find out that there are some shortcomings with Learning with PDF alone. But PDF from tutorial point is a bonus.

3 Likes

Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by Humchi(m): 10:15pm On Aug 18, 2018
I am already done with some aspects of python.
Variables, functions, class, delete file, write file , open file, arrays, etc are done. I am now on python mySQL.

I started learning python last month around 26th day. I would have be through with python if not for procastination and some trivial distractions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2018
Also I find out that having mathematical knowledge will help a lot in programming and also, the procedure you followed. I think you should start from the introduction, operators and data types in python.

1 Like

Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by Humchi(m): 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2018
cutegentility:
In my journey with python, I got no mentor or motivator. So I started by watching YouTube video and I will encourage beginners like I do to start their learning using this procedure, one of this is EDUREKA. I find out that there are some shortcomings with Learning with PDF alone.

learning with w3schools.com is also cool. They got an in-built text editor for execution of code most especially if you are not using pc.
You will really enjoy learning python in that site.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2018
Humchi:
Variables, functions, class, delete file, write file , open file, arrays, etc are done. I am now on python mySQL.

I started learning python last month around 26th day. I would have be through with python if not for procastination and some trivial distractions.

same here bro, any addition or subtraction?

1 Like

Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2018
Humchi:

learning with w3schools.com is also cool. They got an in-built text editor for execution of code most especially if you are not using pc.
You will really enjoy learning python in that site.
nice one, I"ll bear this in mind.
Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2018
The idea of logic gate is a good idea to understanding the comparison, logical and bitwise operator. Where The true value is equivalent to 1 and False equal to 0. Nb: True and False is a reserved keyword in python.
Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by Humchi(m): 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2018
cutegentility:
same here bro, any addition or subtraction?

on what?
Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 10:34pm On Aug 18, 2018
Humchi:

on what?
On all the aforementioned, any contribution will be welcome but if there is not I move on. I just wish this thread could inspire python programmers.
Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2018
Now introduction to python.

Python was invented by Guido Rossum in 1989 in the institute of mathematics and computer science institute in Netherland.

3 Likes

Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 10:40pm On Aug 18, 2018
To show it's importance, it is used by top companies/domains like YouTube, Google, bittorrent, NASA and the likes.

2 Likes

Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2018
In view of this, python is an interpreted high level programming language that follows object oriented as well as procedural techniques of writing codes with dynamics semantics.

There are seven operators in python.

1 Like

Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by Humchi(m): 10:47pm On Aug 18, 2018
cutegentility:
On all the aforementioned, any contribution will be welcome but if there is not I move on. I just wish this thread could inspire python programmers.

yes there is.
Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2018
Humchi:

yes there is.
okay
Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by gracefoundmme(m): 4:32am On Aug 19, 2018
Ride on sir am following... What are the operators

1 Like

Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by youngds: 7:04am On Aug 19, 2018
Humchi:

What is this one say?
So because you know class, variable, array and looping you think you fully understand the language?? Bro that a basic for every object oriented language. Except you are planning on using it for math problems, bro you know nothing and you can't fully articulate all program construct of a language within a year except for pHP and likes which are scripting language, do you know pygames, pyqt5 or even py for machine development? This are package under python

1 Like

Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 7:31am On Aug 19, 2018
gracefoundmme:
Ride on sir am following... What are the operators
They are:
1. Arithmetical Operators
2. Assignment Operators
3. Comparison Operators
4. Logical Operators
5. Bitwise Operators
6. Identity Operators and lastly
7. Membership operators

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 7:38am On Aug 19, 2018
Please, for complete beginner. There are two version of python which are version 2.7 and version 3.6. It is advisable to download the version 3.6 because of its features, version 2.7 is just for those industries that are already using this version. Aside this, installing Python software is not enough without installing Python IDE. IDE is an abbreviation of Integrated Development Environment which enable one to work on multiple project. For me, I use the community version of pycharm as the professional version is a paid one.

2 Likes

Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 7:43am On Aug 19, 2018
youngds:

What is this one say?
So because you know class, variable, array and looping you think you fully understand the language?? Bro that a basic for every object oriented language. Except you are planning on using it for math problems, bro you know nothing and you can't fully articulate all program construct of a language within a year except for pHP and likes which are scripting language, do you know pygames, pyqt5 or even py for machine development? This are package under python
Yeah, I find out that Python is a very vast programming language. It is used across many domains for data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning,GUI and the likes. I think Django and flask are Python framework for developing websites.

1 Like

Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by TimmyBrass(m): 7:59am On Aug 19, 2018
continue. I'm with you..
Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 8:05am On Aug 19, 2018
TimmyBrass:
continue. I'm with you..
Alright, have you installed the Python software.
Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by youngds: 9:00am On Aug 19, 2018
cutegentility:
Yeah, I find out that Python is a very vast programming language. It is used across many domains for data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning,GUI and the likes. I think Django and flask are Python framework for developing websites.
Ya. But for web development I prefer pHP or Java, am more fluent with Java due to it demand on Android software development. I do alot of pygames during my uni days, just for learning thou
Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 9:23am On Aug 19, 2018
youngds:

Ya. But for web development I prefer pHP or Java, am more fluent with Java due to it demand on Android software development. I do alot of pygames during my uni days, just for learning thou
OK, nice one bruh. I support PHP for web development any day any time. Only that Python is a beginner language.
Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 9:28am On Aug 19, 2018
Now, for the Arithmetical Operator. You use Mathematical symbols.
+, -,/,* (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication)
** for exponential
// for flow division
and % for modulus division

1 Like

Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by sparkle6(m): 10:16am On Aug 19, 2018
Humchi:

where did u download mysql share pls. the one i download had no gui\workbench.
Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by cutegentility(m): 10:26am On Aug 19, 2018
sparkle6:

download xampp, I think it has in built mySql
Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by sparkle6(m): 11:31am On Aug 19, 2018
cutegentility:
download xampp, I think it has in built mySql
I just want the standalone cus am connecting to a desktop app not a website.
Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by Humchi(m): 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2018
sparkle6:

www.mysql.com/downloads/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by Humchi(m): 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2018
youngds:

What is this one say?

ogbeni where did i say i have fully understand this language?

Oversabi

you can't even differentiate between a module and a package.

Pygame is a module not a package oga ITK
Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 19, 2018
cutegentility:
In my journey with python, I got no mentor or motivator. So I started by watching YouTube video and I will encourage beginners like I do to start their learning using this procedure, one of this is EDUREKA. I find out that there are some shortcomings with Learning with PDF alone. But PDF from tutorial point is a bonus.
It depends on the type of PDF(book) you have. I've never watched a Python video and I still know Python extremely well.

I'm actually a supporter of PDF over videos lol, everyone has different learning styles.
Re: MY JOURNEY WITH PYTHON!!! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2018
Humchi:

ogbeni where did i say i have fully understand this language?

Oversabi

you can't even differentiate between a module and a package.

Pygame is a module not a package oga ITK
Pygame isn't a module, its a library since its a collection of modules. A simple check to Pygame's official Github page clear any doubts(read below)

Pygame, the library is cross-platfrom and designed to make it easy to write multimedia software, such as games, in Python. Pygame requires the Python language and SDL multimedia library. It can also make use of several other popular libraries.
https://github.com/pygame/pygame/

Modules are single code files.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

[Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements / Free Research Project/thesis Topics In Computer Science (PART 1) / Certified-drugs App: List Of All Drugs Approved For Use In Nigeria By NAFDAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.