Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

"Why Arsenal Lost 3-2 Against Chelsea" - Coach, Unai Emery - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Why Arsenal Lost 3-2 Against Chelsea" - Coach, Unai Emery (392 Views)

UCL: Why We Eliminated Bayern Munich – Villarreal Coach, Unai Emery / Photo Of Diego Maradona Crying After Argentina Lost 3-0 To Croatia / Unai Emery Set To Be Appointed New Arsenal Manager Replacing Arsene Wenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Why Arsenal Lost 3-2 Against Chelsea" - Coach, Unai Emery by Sportdab(m): 5:59am On Aug 19, 2018
SportDab.com.ng

Arsenal Coach, Unai Emery has revealed why his team lost 3-2 against Chelsea on Saturday.

Emery has blamed poor finishing for the result which is their second loss in a row now.

The Gunners were 2-0 down in the first half before Mhikitaryan and Alex Iwobi scored to make it 2-2 at half-time.

But, in the second half, Aubameyang, Ozil and Mhikitaryan all missed chances to make Arsenal take the lead..

And it proved costly as Eden Hazard came off the bench to setup the late winning goal by Alonso.

Emery told BT Sport, “We want to win. This is always the way but it is clear that defensively we suffered three goals but also we had chances to do more goals.

“I think the result is 3-2 but we also think we did chances to do more score.

“In the first half we are creating chances to score, and for that I am happy, I am in the match thinking we are well on the pitch.

“But also they had options, chances to score and effectivity (sic) is the difference.

“Our reaction is good, we had chances to go 2-2 and we deserved to do more at half-time.

“The half-time is good for us and the second half is we need to continue this control, but I think the second half we don’t push and keep possession like we did in the first half, and in our moments, our chances, we didn’t do, and they did.

“That is why the results is 3-2. But it is one process. In the second half we played with two midfielders, 19 and 21 years old.

“They improve and are continuing. I am happy without the result.”

Source:https://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/08/why-arsenal-lost-3-2-against-chelsea.html

cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Unveil New Adidas Pink Away Kit (Photo) / 20kg Adjustable Chrome Dumbbell With Case / Rayon Sports Vs Enyimba Fc Today @ 2pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.