Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Are Objects Of Prayers For Friends Of Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Objects Of Prayers For Friends Of Jesus? (274 Views)

*Objects Of Fiction, Imaginary Things Atheists Believe In* Since They Reject God / Pastor E.A Adeboye Celebrates 77th Birthday With Powerful Word Of Prayers / Types Of Prayers Mentioned In The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Objects Of Prayers For Friends Of Jesus? by seeyou: 8:14am On Aug 19, 2018
My follow believer,I want you to drop ur views. Jesus called us to become believers and friends(although we now answer christians-a name given by unbelievers in derogation at antioch).He taught us faith and love.He demonstrated these in simple prayers,command,thanksgiving and in other occasions,use of natural materials in healing and deliverance. He did use these objects once or twice(in healing of the blind."...I see men like trees" and he was touched again) but never gave them to be kept(as talisman)against subsequent attacks for he knew their faith might be shifted to believing in those objects than the power that controlled them.Now my worries are these:
(1)why can't our modern day apostles heal or deliver someone at ones without the talisman in the name of faith objects.
(2)don't they think the faith of their members could be shifted.
(3)what would become of the members if the objects are lost or if the finish.
(4)are the members not gradually becoming slaves to the instead of being faithful to God thru Jesus
(5)don't the apostles know that giving the word of God e.g go and sin no more or counselling using daily devotion and God's word can serve better purpose since Jesus said,"...the words I speak to you they are spirit...they give life..."
Note that Jesus is the only way to God but not Elijah,Moses or the prophets. They were for the people of those days and left a message about the coming messiah whom we are to follow and have peace.BE BLESSED.

(1) (Reply)

Life Changing Epistles / The Secret Of Surrender / The Significant Of Dreams (5)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.