Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,440 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan (31064 Views)

Kofi Annan Buried Amidst Tears (Burial Photos) / NEWS How Kofi Annan Died – Wife Reveals / Meet Nane Maria Anna And Titi Alakija, Kofi Annan's Widow & Ex Wife Respectively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by goldcoinhub: 9:59am On Aug 19, 2018
Nane Maria Annan, has revealed how Kofi Annan died and according to her, her late husband, the late ex-Secretary General of the United Nations, died peacefully in his sleep.

Mr. Annan’s foundation confirmed his demise in a statement on Saturday.

This was made known on the verified Facebook page of President Akufo-Addo on Saturday.

The President wrote:

“The Government and people of Ghana, First Lady Rebecca and I are deeply saddened by the news of the death, in Bern, Switzerland, of one of our greatest compatriots, Mr. Kofi Annan.

“I extend, on behalf of the entire Ghanaian nation, our sincere, heartfelt condolences to his beloved widow, Nane Maria, and to his devoted children, Ama, Kojo and Nina, on this great loss. I am, however, comforted by the information, after speaking to Nane Maria, that he died peacefully in his sleep.

“Consummate international diplomat and highly respected former Secretary General of the United Nations, Mr. Kofi Annan was the first from sub-Saharan Africa to occupy this exalted position.

“He brought considerable renown to our country by this position and through his conduct and comportment in the global arena. He was an ardent believer in the capacity of the Ghanaian to chart his or her own course onto the path of progress and prosperity. Undoubtedly, he excelled in the various undertakings of his life, leaving in his trail most pleasant memories. His was a life well-lived.

“I have directed that, in his honour, Ghana’s national flag will fly at half-mast across the country and in all of Ghana’s diplomatic missions across the world, from Monday, 20th August, 2018, for one week.

“Rest in perfect peace, Kofi. You have earned it. God bless.”

https://lailasnews.com/how-kofi-annan-died-wife-reveals/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by thesicilian: 10:01am On Aug 19, 2018
Valar morgulis

10 Likes

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by gssdobi: 10:02am On Aug 19, 2018
Rip. Gentleman

3 Likes

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by Mariangeles(f): 10:11am On Aug 19, 2018
What an elegant woman!

7 Likes

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by mmb(m): 10:13am On Aug 19, 2018
I thought they said the wife is from Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by fergie001: 10:15am On Aug 19, 2018
mmb:
First wife,he divorced her many years ago..before marrying this one in the 80s

13 Likes

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by tubolancer(m): 10:16am On Aug 19, 2018
mmb:
The first wife.

5 Likes

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by 3millionia: 5:46pm On Aug 19, 2018
OP RIP
Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by itiswellandwell: 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2018
Rip sir. Most indomie generations don't know this man only to abuse their elders on nairaland and give their childish tellemundo relationship/marriage/career advice here too. Lemme just help u na.
Just go search for strive masiyiwa on Facebook. He is talking a whole lot about him and you will get to know him better and probably learn one or two things sef.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by condomuser: 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2018
Arhhhhhh RIP FOR OP ?
3millionia:
OP RIP

2 Likes

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by kenny714433(m): 5:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
This man normally resemble one actor like dat....he has black pimple like spots on his cheek and like acting legendary roles.

His wife resembles one countess like dat and see how they are walking like lovers who wanna dance dat boring waltz.

RIP COFFEE ANNAN

4 Likes

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by oshe11: 5:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
Mariangeles:
What an elegant woman!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by Oceannaagent: 5:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
Rip great diplomat

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by AngelicBeing: 5:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
sad
Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2018
mmb:
he was a wise man. If he had kept that Nigerian woman, perhaps we would have been marking 20 years of his demise.... Nigerian woman are problems excluding my mom grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by blackaxe78: 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2018
Africa lost a gem....

The vaccum he left is too big for the present crops we have now.

Doubt if we ever get to have one like him again.

1 Like

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 19, 2018
To those greedy and long throated bittches out there.

Your father can't afford an iphone for you..you can't afford an iphone ..so why then in God's name do you make someone's son feel less of a man because he can't get an iphone for you?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by czarina(f): 5:52pm On Aug 19, 2018
crya
Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by farukiboy: 5:52pm On Aug 19, 2018
BUHARI. HMMM
WAEC GCE Expo 2018
Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by sharpwriter(m): 5:54pm On Aug 19, 2018
thesicilian:
Valar morgulis
Valar Dohaeris

3 Likes

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by czarina(f): 5:54pm On Aug 19, 2018
Nice jacket kiss kiss kiss
RIP Kofi, a true legend.

check my profile
Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by AreaFada2: 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2018
mmb:

His first wife, Mama Kojo is from Alakija family. They divorced in the 1970s.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by thesicilian: 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2018
sharpwriter:

Valar Dohaeris

3 Likes

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by Akpacha(m): 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2018
mmb:
The first wife.
Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by pol23: 6:00pm On Aug 19, 2018
One of the few Elites in Africa.
Only very few Nigerians can rise to his position..maybe Gej,Soyinka and me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by temmypotter(m): 6:00pm On Aug 19, 2018
kenny714433:
This man normally resemble one actor like dat....he has black pimple like spots on his cheek and like acting legendary roles.

His wife resembles one countess like dat and see how they are walking like lovers who wanna dance dat boring waltz.

RIP COFFEE ANNAN

yh , his doppelganger .. the legendary Morgan Freeman.. the man with the voice like a god

9 Likes

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by Mariangeles(f): 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2018
[quote author=oshe11 post=70425213][/quote]Stale!
Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by PrinxArthur1(m): 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2018
thesicilian:
Valar morgulis
I have heard this in a movie pls what's the meaning?
Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by oshe11: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2018

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by oshe11: 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2018
PrinxArthur1:
Valar morghulis translates to "all men must die" in High Valyrian. It is a customary saying in Essos that is traditionally answered with "valar dohaeris," meaning "all men must serve."

6 Likes

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by AleAirHub(m): 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2018
All men must die
PrinxArthur1:

1 Like

Re: How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan by GMbuharii: 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2018
Rip. Gentleman

Ghanaians were fortunate to have had a great man like you.

But the zoo is so unfortunate to have a certified failure and jihadist as president all thanks and praises to sophisticated mourons and coneheads.

Once again,RIP

Lzaa immhotep shalomc onyeoga pointzerom

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Putin Orders Wagner Fighters To Sign Oath Of Allegiance / United Nations Headquarters Locked Down As Man Holds Shot Gun To Chin (Pix, Vid) / Antonio Guterres: The World Is On The Edge Of An Abyss (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.