Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days (15885 Views)

BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge Reopens / BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Re-open Today By 5pm / NEWS BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Closed For Repairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by RealTrump: 4:20am On Aug 20, 2018
kunmiiii:

""Akinsanya said all traffic management agencies including the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) and the Police, among others, have been mandated to ensure smooth flow of traffic on all the other alternative roads and traffic corridor across the metropolis to ensure free flow of traffic"

If u don't have time to read, you shouldn't have time to comment, I believe its way better than displaying ignorance.

OK o
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by okomile(f): 4:33am On Aug 20, 2018
With trailers parked on ikorodu road to ijora olopa

It will not be a funny experience at all.

It is for the best than for the bridge to collapse which will be suicidal.

Because 80% of Nigerians can't swim.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by SoNature(m): 4:59am On Aug 20, 2018
Where is the Fourth Mainland Bridge that Ambode promised Lagosians?

Nigerian politicians, too much talk with no action

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by eneji50(m): 5:19am On Aug 20, 2018
Let inec make all those that will vote buhari pay a certain amount before we could vote him, he will still win 2019 election

Buhari is a tsunami no one can stop till 2023,

So wailers should take heart

Tambuwa is a gonner politically!!

@eneji50 say so oooooo!
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by tiredoflife(m): 5:20am On Aug 20, 2018
kunmiiii:

""Akinsanya said all traffic management agencies including the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) and the Police, among others, have been mandated to ensure smooth flow of traffic on all the other alternative roads and traffic corridor across the metropolis to ensure free flow of traffic"

If u don't have time to read, you shouldn't have time to comment, I believe its way better than displaying ignorance.

Hahahaha free traffic indeed
With all the trailers and tankers packed on every other road of Lagos state

Our people say who hold pikin toy for up say make pikin no play
Wen hand pain am him go put am down
Shabi Lagos wants it all
Na only una want seaport to work thereby driving population boom to Lagos
Make we dey watch na grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by tiredoflife(m): 5:25am On Aug 20, 2018
okomile:
With trailers parked on ikorodu road to ijora olopa

It will not be a funny experience at all.

It is for the best than for the bridge to collapse which will be suicidal.

Because 80% of Nigerians can't swim.

Lagos is suffering from a population boom caused by being the only seaport of the country
There is a golden agreement after the civil war to kill all other seaport
When this was made we were about 70million
Today we are 180-200million
With most of that population coming in and out of Lagos to buy goods

No be joke wen ambode scream say make FG open other seaports but will they
Once 3rd mainland is closed they will understand say Nigeria na two grin grin

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by engrjacuzzi: 5:39am On Aug 20, 2018
The lawyer hopes you get into trouble, the doctor hopes you fall sick, the police hopes you become a criminal, the teacher hopes you are ignorant, the coffin maker wants you dead, only the *ENGINEER* wishes you to prosperity in life so that he can build ur house, wire and furnish it for you to live in and enjoy a healthy long life. Please hug the next engineer by your side, He is your only true friend.
*IT'S WORLD'S ENGINEERS DAY.*

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by ceejay80s(m): 5:41am On Aug 20, 2018
which haphazard? who told u that the military did not maintain the bridge, all these 1998 born wey just dey carry fake news up and down, if the millitary no good they wouldn't have built that bridge, tell me with bridge civilian president and govt don build, all we hear is we will we will.... and they will do nothing till the end of tenure,
rubbish news
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by duality(m): 5:57am On Aug 20, 2018
They should give us details of the so called maintenance and the cost.

Corrupt government.
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by okomile(f): 6:34am On Aug 20, 2018
tiredoflife:

Lagos is suffering from a population boom caused by being the only seaport of the country
There is a golden agreement after the civil war to kill all other seaport
When this was made we were about 70million
Today we are 180-200million
With most of that population coming in and out of Lagos to buy goods

No be joke wen ambode scream say make FG open other seaports but will they
Once 3rd mainland is closed they will understand say Nigeria na two grin grin

grin
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by Niyinficient(m): 6:47am On Aug 20, 2018
KenModi:
The bridge is open, Lagosians suffer, now the bridge wld be closed....

I cannot even begin to imagine what Lagosians wld go through.

What saddens me is that they brag about it; Lagosians brag about suffering. What am I even saying, Nigerians brag about suffering and hardship.

Well Fela was right. In my opinion, the definition of Nigeria - Suffering and smiling.

Ta leleyi laaro Monday n'tori Olorun? angry
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by chukzyfcbb: 6:50am On Aug 20, 2018
This same bridge was closed for maintenance when fashola was governor of Lagos state. na every 7-8yrs dem dey maintain bridge, abi this is a way to siphon funds
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by Dannydaking007(m): 6:59am On Aug 20, 2018
kunmiiii:

Asin eh...the kind of ignorance and folly some Nigerians display just to show themselves baffles me. May God help us.
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 20, 2018
If you live in Ikorodu and work on the island, this is the best time to buy yourself a Life Jacket and embrace water means of Transportation. Meanwhile, Traffic on the alternative route is going to be out of this world with containers everywhere on that road.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by Dannydaking007(m): 7:05am On Aug 20, 2018
duality:
They should give us details of the so called maintenance and the cost.

Corrupt government.

So that you will do what with it? wail that it's too expensive or cheap? To what end exactly please? Life is more important than money sir. Let them just go ahead and maintain the bridge, Lagosians and Nigerians in general needs it. Prevention is better than cure sir. Thanks
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by DavidEsq(m): 7:05am On Aug 20, 2018
shikshark:
Aĺl my childhood friends living in lagos are now having grey hair upon say they spend hours on that bridge to work, and now they want to close the bridge.

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by duality(m): 7:14am On Aug 20, 2018
Dannydaking007:

So that you will do what with it? wail that it's too expensive or cheap? To what end exactly please? Life is more important than money sir. Let them just go ahead and maintain the bridge, Lagosians and Nigerians in general needs it. Prevention is better than cure sir. Thanks

Of course you wouldn't see corruption, even when it's before you.

If you believe in transparency, you would seek for details of the maintenance. After all, a major maintenance was done on the bridge less than 5 years ago and the scope of work was in the media.

They should give us the details of the so called "investigative Maintenance"

I don't like those who support corruption.
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by olisaemeka1(m): 7:19am On Aug 20, 2018
kunmiiii:

My brother you first Decongest before you can ensure smooth and free flow ...don't be so fast to attack ..if you are in lagos I'm very sure u should understand the sufferings people would go through for these days.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by SamuelEzeigbo(m): 7:45am On Aug 20, 2018
[quote author=Ejemehn post=70435104]Long overdue.

Brace up Lagosians. This is going to be a tough one.

Not just that, this message goes to those who works at Lagos island, Lagos mainland and victoria island. Its gonna be Tough you know
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by haibe(m): 7:49am On Aug 20, 2018
thunder74:
Can't they bring the dates closer to utilize this holiday dates to reduce at least more two days of stress?

My brother you sef talk am. Why cant they utilise the public holiday. This our govt get as e be
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by haibe(m): 7:54am On Aug 20, 2018
Midnight of 23 means 12 am on Wednesday? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong

Also I hope those nonsense tankers around surulere are taken away; if not they should just extend the sallah public holiday to Friday.
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by donqx: 8:17am On Aug 20, 2018
ohh
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by baxton25(m): 8:28am On Aug 20, 2018
ikhileomotayo:

Don't mind them. They make comments with their asses grin grin grin

Fools....those alternative route are all worse than the 3MB...and apapa wahala....I cover myself with the blood of Zachariah grin grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by baxton25(m): 8:32am On Aug 20, 2018
Baba make una read well,for "investigative maintenance record" hahaahahah I no go near mainland for that period.
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by michony505(m): 8:39am On Aug 20, 2018
Total Savage grin grin grin
KenModi:
The bridge is open, Lagosians suffer, now the bridge wld be closed....

I cannot even begin to imagine what Lagosians wld go through.

What saddens me is that they brag about it; Lagosians brag about suffering. What am I even saying, Nigerians brag about suffering and hardship.

Well Fela was right. In my opinion, the definition of Nigeria - Suffering and smiling.
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by murmee: 9:05am On Aug 20, 2018
engrjacuzzi:

The lawyer hopes you get into trouble, the doctor hopes you fall sick, the police hopes you become a criminal, the teacher hopes you are ignorant, the coffin maker wants you dead, only the *ENGINEER* wishes you to prosperity in life so that he can build ur house, wire and furnish it for you to live in and enjoy a healthy long life. Please hug the next engineer by your side, He is your only true friend.
*IT'S WORLD'S ENGINEERS DAY.*
Beautiful!
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by RexTramadol1: 9:11am On Aug 20, 2018
Bridge, we are closing you for (4) days

Anytime we drive on you, e be like we dey speed........

Igba di e loku oh! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Seats Layout In An Airline? / Hyundai Car Loses Control In Ikorodu, 3 Wounded / Residents, Motorists Excited As Apapa Gridlock Eases Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.